Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Vao
SUPERBANANE

New PostErstellt: 28.06.06, 03:26     Betreff: Re: PREACHER... on TV?

Rumors have been flying of late that PREACHER, the well-regarded comics epic by Garth Ennis and steve Dillon, is going to be an HBO mini-series. Now, over at the NYC MECH message board, there's a "my cousin's brother's barber told me this" kind of confirmation that sounds very promising:

Just talked to a friend of mine who works for a production company in Canada. He said one of his film school buddies called him up yesterday, all excited because he just landed a staff writing gig on a new 12-part HBO miniseries.

"Oh, yeah? That's great, man! What's the show?"

"It's called PREACHER."

Looks like it's official, guys.

In a later post, Beaton elaborates:
From what the guy said (and, again, this is second-hand), they're adapting the entire story, back-to-front, as a single 12-episode miniseries, the way they did it with BAND OF BROTHERS.

I really don't think it's too short. PREACHER is a pretty fast read, as is. It's certainly possible to read all nine volumes in 12 hours, especially if you throw out all the stuff they'll almost certainly cut (the minis and prequels, the flat-out silly stuff, etc.)

No idea who the show-runner will be, but Garth Ennis is apparently going to have some kind of input on the project, though the exact level of his involvement is uncertain. (Executive producer, maybe?)

There you have it. Third (now fourth) hand...but...intriguing.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 142 von 148
Gehe zu:   
Search