LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Report: Minnesota Vikings acquire cen

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 22.07.19, 07:35  Betreff: Report: Minnesota Vikings acquire cen  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

ter Brett Jones from New York Giants In a bit of a surprise Mike Remmers Jersey , the Minnesota Vikings have made a trade to acquire some offensive line help. . .and, in the process, may have further clarified the status of starting center Pat Elflein.The team’s official Twitter account has reported that the Vikings have sent an undisclosed 2019 draft choice to the New York Giants in exchange for center Brett Jones. The deal will be culminated when Jones passes a physical with the Vikings.Jones played his college football at the University of Regina in Canada, and went undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft (though he was a second-round choice of the Calgary Stampeders in the 2013 CFL Draft). Jones played for the Stampeders in 2013 and 2014, and played some pretty damn good football. . .he was the CFL’s Most Outstanding Rookie in 2013 and the CFL’s Offensive Lineman of the year in 2014.Jones then signed with the New York Giants, and was placed on injured reserve in September of 2015. He served as a backup for the Giants in 2016, and in 2017 started 13 games for the Giants on the offensive line, seeing time at both guard and center. The Giants thought highly enough of him to place a second-round free agent tender on him during the offseason.The move could say something about the status of center Pat Elflein, who head coach Mike Zimmer said earlier today is not expected to practice this week. If Elflein is not off of the Physically Unable to Perform List by 3:00 PM Central on Saturday, he will remain on the list and have to miss the first six games of the 2018 regular season. In acquiring Jones, they have gotten someone that was competing for the starting center job in New York, and has played at a relatively high level at both the center and guard spots.We will have to see what sort of corresponding roster move the team makes with the Jones acquisition, and what sort of draft pick they sent the Giants in exchange. When we have that information, we will pass it along to you.Once again, the Minnesota Vikings have acquired offensive lineman Brett Jones from the New York Football Giants in exchange for a pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.UPDATE: Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network is reporting that the compensation for the Giants is a 7th round choice in 2019. Hi kids. How about those conference championship games, huh?You know, I’m in my 50’s now Riley Reiff Jersey , and a grandfather. They say you tend to mellow out with age, and for me, that’s true in many respects. The old type-A personality in me is pretty much gone, and I’ve learned to appreciate things in life I should have learned to appreciate a lot earlier in life. I no longer think what I do for a living equals who I am, and staying angry and holding grudges serves no purpose. Forgiveness and serenity are powerful things in life, and they help an unsettled soul find peace.Usually.Sports grudges are something unique and different, though. As a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, we all have a ‘defining moment’ in our fandom, where we connected with past generations of fans who have witnessed franchise misfortune on an almost cosmic scale.For me, it was the 1975 ‘Hail Mary’ game against Dallas. For folks younger than me, it was the 1998 NFC Championship. For fans younger than that, it was the 2009 NFC Championship. The first two were brutal, but they were also occurred in a time before social media became such a force in society.The 2009 NFC Championship was the first defining moment of Vikings futility for a new generation of fans, only now the full weight and power of social media was on display. I had just started writing on the front page here at The Daily Norseman the week of that game, and me, Chis, and Eric had to figure out what to write in the aftermath of the game. The thing I remember the most about being new here was the amount of Saints fans that came over and said Latavius Murray Jersey , basically ‘one call doesn’t decide the game’ and blah blah blah just get over it in response to our complaints about the egregious officiating that we felt cost the Vikings a legit shot at the Super Bowl.In the weeks and months that followed and the Bountygate scandal broke, I developed an intense sports hatred for the Saints, Sean Payton, and Gregg Williams, the defensive coordinator who ran the bounty program. As a matter of fact, for almost my whole time as a front page writer here, I’ve referred to that team as the Ne[FUCK THOSE GUYS]ints.But as the years have gone by, I’ve softened my feelings towards the Saints team. As most of you know I’m an Ohio State fan, and the Saints have a bunch of former Buckeyes on their roster. WR Michael Thomas is one of the most dynamic young players in the game, and I just flat out enjoy watching him play the game of football.The Saints have also had a roster turnover to the point that I think the only player left on their team from the 2009 season is Drew Brees, and as much as I try to generate some animosity towards the dude, I can’t. He’s likeable, and he’s going to be a first ballot Hall of Famer.Finally, the last thing that happened that caused me to not feel such hatred towards the team is the Minneapolis Miracle. That expelled a lot of demons for me, and almost all the animosity I had towards the Saints and the 2009 NFC Championship disappeared instantly. I know for some fans, they’ll never be over that game, no matter what happens. It’s your ‘Hail Mary’ game George Iloka Jersey , and I understand. For example, The 2009 playoff beatdown of the Cowboys didn’t make the Hail Mary game feelings go away for me, so if the Minneapolis Miracle didn’t help you get over the Bountygate Game, I get it.But as much as I’ve learned to not dislike the Saints, I’ll never wish anything but professional agony for Sean Payton. Every time his team suffers a miserable loss, I rejoice. Not in the team’s failure, but in his personal agony. The Germans have a word that means, roughly, taking pleasure in someone else’s misery—’schadenfreude’.For me watching Sean Payton agonize over his team losing in a torturous manner? Let’s call it Paytonfreude.Nothing has given me more NFL pleasure these last two years than watching Sean Payton getting karma handed back to him, and paid with interest. The Minneapolis Miracle was all the sweeter because it was against him and the Saints, and of course it propelled the Vikings to the NFC Championship.But yesterday? Yesterday gave birth to full on Paytonfreude for me, and I loved it. And I also love the irony in Saints fans screaming about a bad call, and how the NFL should overturn it, and give them a re-match.Considering, you know, how much they tried to tell us back in 2009 that one call doesn’t determine the outcome of a game, I have one thing to say:Get over it. You aren’t getting a re-match Matt Wile Jersey , no matter how many people sign your stupid petition. It holds about as much weight and value as Green Bay Packers stock.Because one call isn’t the difference between winning and losing, as you liked to point out back then. How about you just run the ball and don’t throw it? How about you score touchdowns on your first two drives instead of kicking field goals? How about your Hall of Fame QB doesn’t throw a brutal interception, at the worst possible moment? THIS ISN’T TAMPA BAY, MAN! THIS IS THE SUPER BOWL!Yet that said, most of my Paytonfreude feelings are reserved for one Sean Payton, the coach of the Saints.I also had some reactions to some tweets about how the refs screwed the Saints over:I think I also spoke for Vikings fans everywhere when Troy Aikman was talking about the 2009 NFC Championship as they showed highlights of that game waiting for overtime to begin:Still, when I realized the Saints lost, I couldn’t help but feel incredibly happy, knowing Sean Payton lost in agonzing fashion, two years in a row:Then Payton conducted his post game press conference. To me, it felt a lot like this:My reaction to his thoughts on the call?What’s that, Adam Schefter?Again, I don’t care. Actually, I rather enjoyed it:

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search