LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Francisco Giants.Bumgarner held

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 26.07.19, 04:07  Betreff: Francisco Giants.Bumgarner held  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) —n Los Angeles‘ high-powered lineup in check for six innings and Posey then delivered the game-ending single with two outs in the ninth inning to give the Giants the series win with a 2-1 victory over the Dodgers on Wednesday night.“Great game. Just an all-around great game Ryan Zimmerman Jersey ,” manager Bruce Bochy said. “Both sides pitched so well. It was a hard-fought game. Great win for us.”The Giants haven’t had many of them early this season, so getting a performance like this against their rival was gratifying. Especially since Bumgarner bounced back from a rough outing last week against the Yankees by controlling the Dodgers with his best fastball he’s had all year.“I’ve been feeling close but just a touch off,” Bumgarner said. “All year it’s felt like it’s right there but not quite what I’m looking for. Been studying stuff and trying to try different things to get to where I want to be which in my mind is a perfect delivery. I don’t think it’s there but it’s definitely better than it has been. Everything felt much better today than it has in a while.”It wasn’t enough to get him a win because Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu was just as stingy, allowing only one run in eight innings. So it took until the bullpens came in for this game to be decided.Steven Duggar and Gerardo Parra started the winning rally with back-to-back, one-out singles against Julio Urías (2-2). Pedro Baéz then came in with two outs and runners on first and second and Posey hit a line drive to left field. Chris Taylor fielded the ball on one hop and threw on the fly to home, but Duggar slid in safely before Russell Martin could get the tag down on a high throw to give the Giants the series win.“I liked the right-on-right,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “I liked the slider. I liked the velocity. He just didn’t execute a pitch. Petey’s done it all year for us in leverage. I liked him in that spot.”Will Smith (1-0) pitched a scoreless ninth for the win.Bumgarner’s nemesis, Enrique Hernandez, did him in once again in the sixth inning with both his bat and legs. Hernandez led off the inning with a double, making 23 for 45 in his career against Bumgarner.Then with two outs, Hernandez took off and Cody Bellinger hit a grounder down the first-base line. Brandon Belt made a diving stop but Bellinger beat Bumgarner to the bag for an infield hit, while Hernandez raced around third to score the tying run.Ryu allowed four hits and one run in eight innings — his longest outing since 2013. He faced the minimum 21 batters over his final seven innings.“It’s unfortunate you don’t win a game when he pitched the way he did,” Roberts said. “Just everything. He had command of everything. His entire mix was really good. Under control. Kept those guys off balance. Certainly his best outing of the year.TRAINERS ROOMDodgers: CF A.J. Pollock will need surgery because of an infection in his surgically repaired right elbow. Roberts had no timeline on how long Pollock will be sidelined but acknowledged “it’s going to be a little bit.” Roberts says he expects Pollock back this season. … INF David Freese was scratched for precautionary measures after fouling a ball off his ankle in batting practice. … LHP Caleb Ferguson (oblique) threw a bullpen session and could face hitters on Saturday.Giants: San Francisco purchased the contract of C Stephen Vogt from Triple-A Sacramento and optioned LHP Ty Blach to the minors. Vogt is back in the majors less than a year after having right shoulder surgery. “I feel super emotional and proud to be going back. A long year and a lot of hard work http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey ,” he said.NO SUPPORTBumgarner allowed one run and four hits in six innings for his ninth straight quality start against the Dodgers. But he has just two wins in those games in large part because the Giants have given him two or fewer runs of support in eight of the nine games.OUTTA HEREBochy was ejected by home plate umpire Tim Timmons in the seventh inning for arguing a strike call against Posey. It was Bochy’s second ejection of the season.UP NEXTDodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw (1-0) will pitch the opener of a three-game series at San Diego on Friday. Kershaw is 18-6 with a 1.90 ERA in 34 career starts against the Padres.Giants: RHP Tyler Beede will be called up from Triple-A Sacramento to start the series opener at Cincinnati on Friday.__ BOSTON — Back on June 10, after allowing 13 hits and five earned runs in a start against the Texas Rangers, Dallas Keuchel was 3-8 with a 4.45 ERA in his final season before potential free agency.The left-hander is 8-2 with a 2.62 ERA since as he tries to pitch the Houston Astros to a sweep of their three-game series with the Boston Red Sox in Sunday night’s series finale at Fenway Park.Rick Porcello, a 16-game winner who has had his second-half struggles, goes for the Red Sox, who have lost their first home series in the last 11 thanks to losses Friday and Saturday.Article continues below ...The Astros, maintaining their 3 1/2-game lead over the winning Oakland A’s in the American League West, rallied for a 6-3 victory Friday night and got homers from Alex Bregman and Martin Maldonado in Saturday’s 5-3 win — their seventh straight and 14th in their last 17 games.Jake Marisnick made an outstanding running catch of an Andrew Benintendi drive with the bases loaded and two outs in the fourth inning. He also had a sacrifice fly.Bregman’s homer was his career-high 30th of the season, something he called “a nice little accomplishment.” He joins Morgan Ensberg as the only Astros third basemen to reach 30 — and his torrid streak has vaulted him into the MVP conversation.Boston’s Mookie Betts ripped his 40th double of the year Saturday, making him the first player in MLB history with four straight seasons of 40 doubles and 20 stolen bases.The Red Sox scored in the ninth inning and had first and third with one out against Roberto Osuna, but J.D. Martinez grounded into a double play to end it.“Any time he comes up, regardless of the score, we feel that he’s gonna barrel something Bryce Harper Jersey ,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora, the bench coach for last year’s Houston champions, said. “Just a good pitch by Osuna, and he got him to roll over and that was it.“I don’t know what the numbers are with men in scoring position (3-for-13), but it felt like we had traffic in both games and we haven’t been able to cash in. They made some pitches too — you’ve got to give them credit.”Keuchel has won his last two starts to climb above .500, yielding three earned runs in 12 innings.He is 0-1 with a whopping 9.88 ERA in three games (two starts) in the regular season against Boston. But he went 5 2/3 innings, allowing one run, in winning Game 2 of last season’s American League Division Series.Porcello is 16-7 with a 4.20 ERA. He has won his last two starts, but gave up five runs in 10 innings in those games and is 2-3 with a 5.73 ERA in his last six outings.He beat the Astros on June 3 in Houston, going 6 1/3 innings and allowing two earned runs — and is 2-1 lifetime against them.The current Red Sox are hitting a combined .219 lifetime with four home runs against Keuchel. Ian Kinsler is 10-for-33, but Mitch Moreland (likely to sit) is 1-for-13, Steve Pearce 2-for-19 with a home run, Martinez 1-for-9 and Xander Bogaerts 1-for-7 with a homer.The Astros on the roster have hit a combined .268 with four home runs against Porcello. Marwin Gonzalez Stephen Strasburg Jersey , who returned as a pinch runner in the ninth inning Saturday, is 3-for-7 and Josh Reddick 3-for-10, and Maldonado is 2-for-9 with a home run.Lance McCullers Jr., out since Aug. 4 with a right forearm strain, threw his second bullpen of the week Saturday — 30 pitches, all fastballs.“Honestly I couldn’t have hoped for a better pen today,” McCullers said. “It’s a good step forward. I still have a couple more boxes to check before we start getting into games, but this was a big step for me.”Cora indicated before the game that Brandon Phillips will get his second start with the Red Sox in Sunday night’s game. He hit a two-run, ninth-inning homer to win Wednesday’s game in Atlanta.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search