LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Instagram's Crackdown on Fake Followers Just Might Work

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
w4ertyuit6y7ui
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.11.19, 12:11  Betreff: Instagram's Crackdown on Fake Followers Just Might Work  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

The logic, according to the YouTuber, is that getting on these people’s radars will result in additional engagement. “If you see millions of people’s accounts a day, a lot of people are going to see your account and come back to your profile, potentially check you out, potentially like some of your stuff, and potentially follow you.” Another YouTuber suggests that this works best with unremarkable Instagrammers like me, people who have just a few hundred followers. (Like any aspiring influencer, he also takes this opportunity to emphasize he’s not one of them; he has 50,000 followers.)

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
dfgyuhjikrdtfg
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.11.19, 12:18  Betreff: Re: Instagram's Crackdown on Fake Followers Just Might Work  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

While you can still see how many likes your posts get, you can’t see anyone else’s numbers. The idea is to make the whole experience healthier and less competitive for users. Instagram explained: “We want your friends to focus on the photos and videos you share, not how many likes they get.”(In case you missed it: in April 2019, Instagram started experimenting with not showing the number of likes a post has received (AKA ‘like counts’) in the feeds of Canadian users. In July, Instagram expanded the test to include Australia, Brazil, Ireland, Italy, Japan and New Zealand.)

sxdrfctgvybhjnk
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.11.19, 12:18  Betreff: Re: Instagram's Crackdown on Fake Followers Just Might Work  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Instagrammer, so my most frequent viewers are my mother-in-law, my friends, and school or work acquaintances. Earlier this year, that changed: Strangers were viewing my story. Intrigued, I clicked on each profile to see if we had mutual friends or interests, but mostly we didn’t. It was unclear why an “actor/singer/model” named Jonathan with 5,000 followers would watch videos of my dog, or how a granite countertop company in Marshfield, Massachusetts—a town I’ve never visited—even found my account.

sdhgbcfxzjdgh
Mitglied

What began as one or two strangers watching my story has morphed into a significant portion of my views. My latest story, a good dog I saw sticking his head out of a car window, has been viewed by 130 accounts, 15 of which are strangers. While I initially blocked each stranger’s account from viewing my story, I stopped after my block list hit 25 people; the act seemed futile, a digital whack-a-mole. When I asked some friends if this had been happening to them, my friend Matt told me that 40 of the 105 people who viewed his story yesterday were strangers.

chirmsplatter
Mitglied

The logic, according to the YouTuber, is that getting on these people’s radars will result in additional engagement. “If you see millions of people’s accounts a day, a lot of people are going to see your account and come back to your profile, potentially check you out, potentially like some of your stuff, and potentially follow you.” Another YouTuber suggests that this works best with unremarkable Instagrammers like me, people who have just a few hundred followers. (Like any aspiring influencer, he also takes this opportunity to emphasize he’s not one of them; he has 50,000 followers.)

dsfgvdsvchgdv
Mitglied

But for the generations of people who have grown up online quietly learning the etiquette of not being obviously creepy on social media, this mass viewing strategy is painfully obvious as a sham. After seeing that an outdoors photographer viewed my story, I wondered for about three seconds whether he might’ve just stumbled upon my story. After looking at his profile and discovering he has about 68,000 followers and is hawking nutrition supplements, it was clear he was trolling for new followers. “I was curious the first time I noticed, but it was very clearly just commercial accounts doing it, so I never felt too special,” my friend Matt told me. “But I guess I’m just a coldhearted cynic.”

erdsjdgscfhbv
Mitglied

I’ve come to feel kind of sorry for the folks I see in my viewer list who obviously paid for the views. Is this company desperate for new business, or is this fitness instructor really that thirsty for new followers? It’s no secret that social media can elevate your work, and commodifying people in this way—hoping to twist their emotions in hopes that they provide you with validating “engagement” numbers—is a depressing example of the incentive structures social media has created. It might not be fair, but I lose respect for businesses or creatives who resort to these tactics—which is, arguably, the opposite of these accounts’ intentions in signing up for these mass viewing services. I’m especially flabbergasted by the “creative marketing” firms that use this tactic; how creative can your marketing be if you’re paying another company to troll for likes?

bargeprawns
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.11.19, 18:53  Betreff: Re: Instagram's Crackdown on Fake Followers Just Might Work  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Want to stay adding followers, however don’t have time to stay ordering them? simply subscribe with United States to quickly get followers on your Instagram profile, and have United States keep causing new followers your manner. Lightning Likes Follows has the best quality instant Instagram followers’ services around. Boost your following during a flash! Or obtain automatic instagram followers for a gentle flow of followers daily. Our service is lightning fast, you’ll begin obtaining new Instagram followers among 1-3 minutes of your purchase. Lightning Likes provides the best quality instant Instagram followers on the market – at costs that can't be beat

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search