LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.11.19, 15:04  Betreff: Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

"There’s always been something in the back of my head like, 'You don’t look great, you don’t have the perfect body."Laura Baylis is 25 and has been thinking about having a cosmetic procedure called liposculpture.She appears on new BBC Three series Plastic Surgery Undressed, to watch the operation being performed on someone via a live-stream, and to meet people who've already had it done.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.11.19, 15:04  Betreff: Re: Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Liposculpture is when fat is removed from specific areas of the body to reshape it. After the procedure, it's advised to keep up a good exercise regime to maintain the results. Research by Comres, commissioned by BBC Three as part of the show, saw just over 1,200 UK adults polled on their attitudes to cosmetic surgery. It suggested that one in five people in the UK aged 18-30 has had a cosmetic procedure* – and half of people know someone who has.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.11.19, 15:05  Betreff: Re: Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Zitat: Vicente
    Liposculpture is when fat is removed from specific areas of the body to reshape it. After the procedure, it's advised to keep up a good exercise regime to maintain the results. Research by Comres, commissioned by BBC Three as part of the show, saw just over 1,200 UK adults polled on their attitudes to cosmetic surgery. It suggested that one in five people in the UK aged 18-30 has had a cosmetic procedure* – and half of people know someone who has.
Of those who have had work done, 58% did not speak to a body image counsellor or therapist beforehand.Laura told us her story of how she came to be considering having a cosmetic procedure – and then we asked a psychotherapist to give her verdict on Laura's situation.

Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.11.19, 15:05  Betreff: Re: Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Back in high school, I was really skinny. I don't know why, I did get fed! People used to make comments about it. Then I went to college and started putting on a bit more weight because I did dance, so my muscles got bigger. People started saying I'd put on weight – they were meant to be my friends, but they were calling me fat.

Vicente
Mitglied

Zitat: Jemma
    Back in high school, I was really skinny. I don't know why, I did get fed! People used to make comments about it. Then I went to college and started putting on a bit more weight because I did dance, so my muscles got bigger. People started saying I'd put on weight – they were meant to be my friends, but they were calling me fat.
I don't know if it was jealousy or not, but words stick, and I started to think, 'I’m this horrible person'. Not a day goes by that I don’t squeeze my stomach and look at the size when I get changed in the mirror. Sometimes I don't realise I'm doing it – I'm my own worst enemy.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.11.19, 15:07  Betreff: Re: Cosmetic surgery: Why I want it, and what a therapist told me  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Dr. Sadeghi performed a double reconstructive breast surgery due to breast cancer in my left breast. I have had four surgeries on my breast. A double mastectomy with tissue expanders and a DIEP flap procedure, and two breast revisions. I was very pleased with the results. My breasts are symmetrical and I look very natural in my clothes. More information here Learn More

[editiert: 24.11.19, 08:52 von Travis]
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search