LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
R22 air conditioner.

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
sxdrfctgvybhjnk
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.09.19, 10:21  Betreff: R22 air conditioner.  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

I had my A/C serviced yesterday and everthing checked out good. While the service man was there he told me that by law they would not be getting any more R22 Freon in after January 1, 2020, in fact he said his company would not be replacing any and run down their inventory. Also, also stated there would be a heavy fine for having R22 on their truck after that date. Has anyone else heard this and if so what are your plans? My unit is 10 years old.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
w4ertyuit6y7ui
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.09.19, 10:22  Betreff: Re: R22 air conditioner.  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

I think I have read that R22 is available and that the price is escalating rapidly as the supply slowly runs out. I don't believe his statement about fines for having it on his truck...

sdhgbcfxzjdgh
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.09.19, 10:22  Betreff: Re: R22 air conditioner.  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Anyway, when the tech came out he didn't even look at it. He said he was not going to service it and save us some money since it is already old. (he is also our boiler guy for many years)

dfgyuhjikrdtfg
Mitglied

When he was at our home last I remember him putting more Freon in it. He said he didn't remember that. But anyway, we were surprised, thinking that the fact that it was old was a good reason to have it serviced. I wonder if this refrigerant issue had something to do with him not checking it.

dsfgvdsvchgdv
Mitglied

So now I am worrying that it will break and need to be replaced just in time for when we will be putting our house up for sale next year and it will kill me to have to spend the money so someone else could have use of a brand new unit! Doesn't mean that if he serviced it it still wouldn't have broke down, but still.

erdsjdgscfhbv
Mitglied

Have you been limping along with your older R22 air conditioner? Hoping to avoid replacing it during the high season? Especially if you know your unit has a refrigerant leak, you may be trying to decide how long you can get by before you’ll have to invest in a new system. An important factor in making that decision is answering the question: when does R22 become illegal?

bargeprawns
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 24.09.19, 19:34  Betreff: Re: R22 air conditioner.  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Day & Night Air – the Phoenix-area Trane dealer so many Phoenicians have come to rely upon for maintenance, servicing and inspection of Trane cooling systems – also strives to be your first choice in Trane installation.
Trane dealers and installers in Phoenix AZ

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search