LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Bo Diddley - Rest in Peace

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Rich ID
Urgestein

New PostErstellt: 02.06.08, 21:55  Betreff: Bo Diddley - Rest in Peace  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

In Memoriam: Bo Diddley (1928-2008)

Pioneering blues and rock'n'roll musician Bo Diddley has passed away due to heart failure. Diddley was born Ellas Bates McDaniel in McComb, Mississippi. He was inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in January 1987 and proved influential particularly for his role in bridging the gap between blues and rock and roll.

His music had been covered by a diverse range of artists including Elvis Presley, The Doors, The Stooges, The Clash, Johnny Thunders, The Rolliing Stones and The Jesus and Mary Chain. Both the New York Dolls and The Lurkers recorded their own version of his song "Pills", and Diddley was the opening act on The Clash's first U.S. tour.

http://www.punknews.org/article/29107

ARMED, armed with a mind
i'm gonna strengthen my action with thought
make use of the gift i got
and walk fearless because i'm armed-with-a-mind

The attempt to impose upon man, a creature of growth and capable of sweetness, to ooze juicily at the last round the bearded lips of God, to attempt to impose, I say, laws and conditions appropriate to a mechanical creation, against this I raise my sword-pen.
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Hasseljul

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 04.06.08, 04:08  Betreff: Re: Bo Diddley - Rest in Peace  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Für die meisten wahrscheinlich nur bekannt durch die rechteckige Form seiner Gitarren.
Trotzdem verbind ich mit ihm immer die Patte, die er zusammen mit Muddy Waters eingspielt hat, SUPER SUPER BLUES BAND.

Guader Mo issa gwen!

mortalXwombat
Urgestein

New PostErstellt: 04.06.08, 20:55  Betreff: Re: Bo Diddley - Rest in Peace  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Daniel ‎(23:56):
hahahaha, 1A, ich kanns mir 100% vorstellen. röhrenjeans, skaterschuhe, neonfarben und du kotzend dazwischen

diego-del-kalle ‎(23:57):
ganz genau, aber sowas brauchen die auch mal, das se checken das ihre scheiße so nicht funktioniert
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Hasseljul

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 05.06.08, 15:17  Betreff: Re: Bo Diddley - Rest in Peace  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hmm Dani, man sieht dein Bild nicht. Ist wohl auch besser so, weil du mich sicher wieder flamen wolltest!

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search