Lionbridge Internet Judge
Type: Part-time, Freelance
Hourly Rate of Pay: $8.65 USD
Lionbridge Technologies is a leading provider of globalization and testing services under the Lionbridge and VeriTest brands. Headquarters are based in Waltham, Mass. To learn more, please visit http://www.lionbridge.com
The team at Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX) with solution centres in 25 countries worldwide are recruiting part-time self-employed freelance workers who are fluent speakers in Chinese Traditional and English and are based in Taiwan to join its team of Internet Judges.
The main aim of the work of an Internet Judge is to improve a search engine’s results for all web users worldwide. You will be a key participant in helping determine the relevance of search engines. You will be required to work 20 hours per week Monday to Saturday between the hours of 6.30am and 10.30pm your local time. You may structure your hours whatever way you wish within those times.
The skill set for this job is not high-tech; candidates need to be familiar with browsing the internet, be able to read and write fluent English, and have high-speed access to internet.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Fluency in the Chinese Traditional language is essential
- We are seeking people who have access to the internet and are confident in using it.
- Proficiency in MS Office and excellent time management skills
- For cultural and historical awareness purposes you must be resident in Taiwan for 5 consecutive years
· You are required to be Proficient with Internet Explorer & Microsoft email applications as this is the application you will use on a daily basis.
· A computer less than three years old
· A screen resolution of at least 1024x768 pixels; we recommend higher resolutions to improve your judging experience.
· An adequate amount of RAM for high-volume internet use (we recommend at least 2GB):
· Working sound card and speakers
· High-speed, broadband, internet connection; depending on your setup and the level of interference in your
· environment, you may find that working with a hard-wired connection to your home router is faster and more
· reliable than using a wireless connection.
· Microsoft Windows operating system (Vista, or
· Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or later
· Current, up-to-date commercial anti-virus software; see Section 1.5 for details.
Please state in your application if you have ever previously worked for Lionbridge
Please send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org