Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Moving up to university level

First   Previous   Next   Last
J-M
New PostCreated: 2006-03-01, 07:25 PM CET  Subject: Moving up to university level  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi all,

I'm going to finish a MA in TESOL soon, so I can move up from bushiban teacher to university instructor.  But it all seems a little daunting.

What's the going rate for instructors at universities in Taiwan?  Does the city make a difference?   I'm in Kaohsiung and willing to relocate to Taipei or Hsinchu, but going out to Penghu or places like that is a bit of a stretch.

I don't know what to expect once I start job shopping again.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Winny

New PostCreated: 2006-09-23, 10:24 AM CET  Subject: Re: Moving up to university level  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi!

The hourly wage in Taiwan is around 600 to 800 NT$. You can expect a monthly salary depending on your teaching hours from 55,000 NT$ to 90,000 NT$

Some people make more.

I you work for a very reputable High school or University, the students will probably be very disciplined, so don't worry, just concentrate on your teaching material.

But some schools in Taiwan do have a very “special elite”. And you'll have to figure out what your purpose of being there is. In this case concentrate on the white board and your monthly paycheck otherwise you'll get into trouble, frustrated, or both.

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-04, 12:35 PM CET  Subject: deleted  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-05, 01:00 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-04, 01:57 PM CET  Subject: deleted  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-05, 12:59 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-04, 02:47 PM CET  Subject: deleted  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted spam

[edited: 2007-04-05, 12:58 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-07, 02:43 PM CET  Subject: new best fashion site - fashionup.net  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-07, 04:43 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-07, 03:33 PM CET  Subject: new best fashion site - fashionup.net  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-07, 04:43 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-07, 04:17 PM CET  Subject: new best fashion site - fashionup.net  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-07, 04:42 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-08, 03:56 PM CET  Subject: new best fashion site - fashionup.net  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Comment from the Teachers board's Administrator!

The below is what we consider terrible, naive, rude and tasteless spam!

I have more than ten of exact the same from you guys here now.

To explain all those deleted above I'll leave a screen shot of what was there.

If you want to promote your website do the following.

1. Have content.

2. Write a nice non provocative description for each promotional posting.

3. Do not post more than once per website.

4. Post only on websites dealing with fashion related topics.

5. Never spam

Do you think you are fashion?

[edited: 2007-04-08, 05:58 PM CET by Admin]
james
New PostCreated: 2007-04-08, 06:26 PM CET  Subject: deleted  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

deleted

[edited: 2007-04-08, 06:51 PM CET by Admin]
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search