Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
How watch great tv in Taiwan

First   Previous   Next   Last
David
New PostCreated: 2007-07-07, 08:31 PM CET  Subject: How watch great tv in Taiwan  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Cable tv in Taiwan costs about 550NTD to 650NTD per month depending on provider and location.

Just ask your neighbors who to call and make sure you get the English channels.

Should be

CNN

BBC

HBO

CINEMAX

STAR MOVIES

STAR WORLD

HALLMARK

AXN

HOLYWOOD

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

DISCOVERY

ANIMAL PLANET

TRAVEL AND LIVING

However if you have Internet upgrade your speed and watch movies online!

Just search for

TVU-PLAYER easy interface reliable but limited channels

PPMATE: Many channels and interface + index is translated into English but need to wait up to 2 minutes for the programs to start

PPSTREAM: This software is all in Chinese, you'll have to setup your windows to Chinese Unicode, however there are English channels and the performance is better than ppmate

PPLIVE: This one used to have English channels. Right now there are only Chinese channels available but this might change. Worth a try.

TVANTS: Interface is English But you'll need to set your windows to Chinese in order to read the channel list. There are some English channels like Discovery, star movies, National Geographic, etc. The good thing about this software is that you can start streaming several Channels simultaneously. This makes switching between programs much faster.

SOAP CAST: Has many channels but is in its infancy. There aren't enough users in order to provide a stable service.

JOOST: Is brand new and differs from the above because it is not a Peer to Peer Network. This is a video on demand service right now in its beta phase. You'll need an invitation from someone to get a password. First you can choose between 20-30 channels than you'll see the program list for each individual channel. If a channel provides let's say 50 programs you can click on any of then and in less than 20 sec you're watching high definition great sound video on demand.

If you're interested using joost contact me and I'll send you the invitation.

Andy
New PostCreated: 2007-07-24, 04:22 AM CET  Subject:  Re: How watch great tv in Taiwan o.T.  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

sedat surucu
New PostCreated: 2007-07-24, 08:32 AM CET  Subject: Re: How watch great tv in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

hi there

i like to try the joost to watch video or tv channels where do i get it please and how it work please ??

thank you

Peter
New PostCreated: 2007-07-24, 11:41 AM CET  Subject: Re: How watch great tv in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

You will need an invitation for joost

I'll send you one next time I am logged in.

Here you can register on their website for an invitation, however I don't know how long it takes to get it in this case.

follow this link and apply for a Joost invitation

Check your junk folder to make sure you don't miss it.

ps. Is your email you left here correct?

Alexandra
New PostCreated: 2007-08-11, 02:07 PM CET  Subject:  Re: How watch great tv in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Try to this website :

http://www.tvonline.2ya.com

It’s free  with nothing to download, Just need a media player.

for MTV, MCM, ESPN, Eurosport, CNN, ABC, BBC, NBC, NASA TV, ANIMAL PLANET, NATIONNAL GEOGRAPHIC ... by categories.

Web Designing

New PostCreated: 2008-10-21, 07:34 AM CET  Subject: Re: How watch great tv in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

There are several options on net. So if you are really interested then you can go to cable opereator and tell them the problem. I think they solve the problem quickly.

MAC
Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search