Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Information about ESL Dewey

First   Previous   Next   Last
Admin
Administrator

New PostCreated: 2009-11-11, 01:31 AM CET  Subject: Announcement: Information about ESL Dewey  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Dear teachers community

If you are/were employed with/through ESL Dewey, please share your information with us.

Use the voting option below, and/or write a reply to this thread.

ESL Dewey ratings

They are excellent
   They are good
   They are not so good

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
Brandon
New PostCreated: 2009-12-17, 09:27 PM CET  Subject: Re: Information about ESL Dewey  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Zitat:
    Dear teachers community

If you are/were employed with/through ESL Dewey, please share your information with us.

Use the voting option below, and/or write a reply to this thread.

I've lived in Asia for 5 years (2 in Taiwan, 1 in Japan and the last 2 years in mainland China), overall my experience has been an amazing adventure. I've enjoyed making friends, traveling the world as a teacher.

As far as ESL/Dewey, I signed a contract with them and begin working for the school that they sent me to.

The recruiter lost  my passport and I had to apply for a new one. They promised to reimburse me for the cost of the passport and never did. Because I didn't have a passport I had to get a new visa which they also did not pay for.

They lied to my friend and myself about the apartment, we were told before we came to Taiwan that they would provide housing, the put us in the most awful PAY BY HOUR hotel in the city.
Mistake after mistake, lie after lie, Dewey is an awful agency full of incompetent liars.

As a veteran teacher I strongly suggest any teacher looking for employment try other agencies, like Reach to Teacher or Eureka.

I hope this post helps.
Brandon from New York
crimson69

New PostCreated: 2011-10-25, 09:18 AM CET  Subject: ESL DEWEY  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Dear moderator:

I have only been in Taiwan for a short time, arrived a week ago and went through Dewey International. So far they have been really good! Contrary to what I have read, they have treated me nicely - even assisted me in looking for a place to stay. My agents, Adrian and Andrew have really been very very helpful and soooo accommodating. I could not complain because the school where they will endorse me by November has very good working conditions, as well as the place where I am staying now. Right now, I am having a swell time in Taichung! I hope to meet everyone here soon...GTG!

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Admin
Administrator

New PostCreated: 2011-10-27, 07:47 AM CET  Subject:  Re: ESL DEWEY  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Zitat: crimson69
    Dear moderator:

I have only been in Taiwan for a short time, arrived a week ago and went through Dewey International. So far they have been really good! Contrary to what I have read, they have treated me nicely - even assisted me in looking for a place to stay. My agents, Adrian and Andrew have really been very very helpful and soooo accommodating. I could not complain because the school where they will endorse me by November has very good working conditions, as well as the place where I am staying now. Right now, I am having a swell time in Taichung! I hope to meet everyone here soon...GTG!

Nice to hear this coming from esldewey himself!

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
ESL China
New PostCreated: 2012-05-01, 06:50 AM CET  Subject: ESL teachers needed in China  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

ESL teachers needed

Teach English in Jiangsu

City:Suzhou,Xuzhou,Wuxi,Yangzhou

School:high school

Salary:5000-6000RMB/Month

Teaching hours:16-20 classes/Week

Duration:one year contract,full time job

Arriving Time:Sept2012

Accommodation provided,Airfare reimbursed and medical insurance,with travel allowance

Teach English in Jiangsu

City:Kunshan

School:international school

Salary:7000RMB-8000/Month

Teaching hours:22 classes/Week

Need ASAP

Accommodation provided,Airfare reimbursed and medical insurance,with travel allowance

Teach English in Shangdong

City:Dongying

School:training school

Salary:7500RMB/Month

Teaching hours:18-22 classes/Week

Arriving Time:ASAP

Teach English in Jiangxi

City:Nanchang

School:college

Teaching hours:18-20 classes/Week

Need sept2012

Teach English in Jiangsu

City:Xuzhou

Salary:6500RMB/Month

Need sept2012

Accommodation provided,Airfare reimbursed and medical insuracne,with travel allowance

Teach English in Jiangsu

City:Wuxi

School:international school

Salary:7000RMB/Month

Teaching hours:18-22 classes/Week

Need ASAP

Teach English in Jiangsu

City:Huaiyin

Salary:5500-6000RMB/Month

Teaching hours:16-18 classes/Week

Need Sept2012

Teach English in Henan

City:Zhengzhou

Need Sept2012

Accommodation provided,Airfare reimbursed,with travel allowance

Teach German in Jiangsu (teach German)

City:Wuxi

Need Sept2012

We need native English teachers,if you are interested such above positions,please send your passport copy,TEFL certificate,resume ,diploma to my email:[email protected]

Contact Information:

Contatc name:Mei Li

Mobile:86(0)13129920171

Email:[email protected]

MSN:[email protected]

ESL China
New PostCreated: 2012-05-14, 10:15 AM CET  Subject: ESL teaching postions available in China  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

We need native English teachers,ifyou are interested such above positions,please send your passport copy,TEFLcertificate,resume ,diploma to my email:[email protected]

Contact Information:

Contatc name:Mei Li

Mobile:86(0)13129920171

Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search