Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Hello Guys

First   Previous   Next   Last
cyprocosmo

New PostCreated: 2010-06-23, 10:52 PM CET  Subject: Hello Guys  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

My name is Kevin and I have a few questions for you guys. I'll start with an easy one. I have heard that it is better to go to Taiwan before seeking out english teaching employment instead of finding a job before leaving home, the states in my case. Is this true? Thanks

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
David
New PostCreated: 2010-06-24, 05:32 AM CET  Subject: Re: Hello Guys  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi
It depends on the time of year you're arriving.
I guess in July and August it will be easy to find a job starting in September.
Another good time is before Chinese new year. That's when the new semester starts. 
Most contracts run out during summer. Be aware that it is not legal to peruse work without a working-visa. Make sure you bring all paper necessary for applying a work-permit.

Police-record
Diplomas 
etc.

Admin
Administrator

New PostCreated: 2010-06-25, 02:48 PM CET  Subject: looking for a teaching job in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Best time to start looking for a teaching job in Taiwan�is right now.
First, you can get some�summer-camp jobs.
Second, you can substitute.
New semester starts in�September.�

Good luck
and welcome to Taiwan

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
Kevin
New PostCreated: 2010-06-30, 04:18 AM CET  Subject: Re: Hello Guys  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

I will be looking to come teach this winter around the time of the Chinese New Year recess. I am pleased that you said that contracts generally run out in Summer because that is exactly what I am looking for. When you say summer though, when are you�referring? What month?

Also, I see that Chinese New Year is February 3rd 2011. When would the recess start/end and when would you guys advise that I come out there?�

Thank you so much,
Kevin�
david
New PostCreated: 2010-06-30, 08:19 AM CET  Subject: Re: Hello Guys  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

I guess, it will be best you come two weeks earlier. Or better a couple of weeks before the winter vacation start.�

Many schools run winter programs for the kids, and many teachers want to leave before the vacation start. Air fairs will be much�cheaper�this way.�

During the Chinese New Year's Holidays nobody works. There aren't any interviews during that time. That's about a week.

Sortierung �ndern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search