Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Moving company or taxi

First   Previous   Next   Last
Tobias

New PostCreated: 2006-01-05, 07:14 PM CET  Subject: Moving company or taxi  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

The last time I moved We used a taxi or better ten times a taxi. We got ripped off one time with a moving company who showed up with an open truck on a rainy day and increased his price during every step. First half the furniture on his truck, he doubled the price and when everything was on it, he increased one more time, at the arrival he threw TV and washer just off the truck played his muscles and asked for even more money. Because I refused to pay him we spend the night at the police station and listened to an officers talking and explanations ala "TW we are the law." some years ago! In the morning I put 3000 Nt$ half his request on the table and when the moving guy touched it I just left ignoring the officers request to stay. I just said "he took the money so he agreed see me in cord."

Ten times a taxi for about 165NT$ for five times as many things! Three years later. During that night at the police I argued I could have moved those things by using a Taxi and some of the officers agreed an laught. Now I proved it!

What's the lesson? You need to hire a moving company that stipulates the price for each furniture and box in a written agreement before moving. I can't provide any information on a good moving service but maybe someone else does.

[edited: 2006-01-05, 07:21 PM CET by Tobias]
Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search