Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Study Chinese in Taiwan

First   Previous   Next   Last
Tobias

New PostCreated: 2006-02-15, 07:35 AM CET  Subject: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Study Chinese in Taiwan

There are many different options to choose from, when you want to study Chinese mandarin in Taiwan.

One is to go to Shida University: In this case, you will need to apply for a student visa, which is good for longer periods than the normal visitor visa. However, if you leave the University and change to a Buxiban (private language school) your student visa will not be any good no more. You will probably have to leave the country and come back on a 60-day visitor’s visa. In addition, the Universities have very strict attendants’ records, which will be reviewed by the foreign affairs. if you fail those attendance records more than CA 10% you'll probably have to leave.

There are some private owned Buxibans in Taipei that are good for visa extensions. One of them is Association of teaching Chinese formerly known as Pioneer language Institute. It's on Hoping E road nr 200 6 floor near Shida university. Another is CLI on Yen Ping South road No 61 3floor.

Those two buxibans are government recognized Chinese learning centers, which will allow you to get visa extensions. However, be careful not to fail the attendance record for these schools either.

Then there is TLI Taipei Language Institute on

Roosevelt Road
sec 3 no 50.

TLI has been around the longest and has its 50-year anniversary this year. It is the most recognized one on the private language school sector, and here you will not have any problems at all extending your visa as long you attend classes. TLI also offers student classes in other languages such as English, German, Spanish, French, and Chinese. They mostly offer classes in a one by One stetting but they have group classes as well.

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Winny

New PostCreated: 2006-09-23, 10:15 AM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi! there

I heard the Mandarin Center can offer you visa extensions while studying Chinese in Taiwan.

They seem to be much cheaper, only about 13,000 NT4 for three month.

Question: Has anyone of you studied there before? And are the a University or a normal government approved Buxiban that allows you to extent your visa for up to two month at a time?

Thanks

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
Rookie
New PostCreated: 2008-05-16, 07:15 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

TLI ( Taipei Language Institute) has a great program if you want to just focus on

speaking Chinese only. I think they do offer other programs also, but they can offer a quick plan for chinese in Pin yin and Bo Po Mo F

link:Taipei language Institute  

[edited: 2008-05-16, 08:07 PM CET by Admin]
space
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 02:47 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hello,

I have been studying and working in Taiwan for some time now, but after so long I need a break. If I stop studying they will pull my visa.

Has anybody heard of a language school that offers visas without actually attending class?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

pioneer
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 03:16 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

You can go to Hoping east road sec 1 Nr 200 floor 6
Assosiation of teaching English.
spacecowboy
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 03:23 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

What is the Assosiation of teaching English.

How can they help?
pioneer
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 03:34 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

The teachers won't let you down with the attended record which you'll need for your visa extensions.
They used to give you two month extensions for up to six month here.
Then it's back for a visa run to hong kong or any other destination.
Another language school is Flag but I don't know if they are still around.
spacecowboy
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 04:25 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Thanks that's a great help.

Is Hoping east road sec 1 Nr 200 floor 6 the exact address? If I give it to a taxi driver will he be able to take me there?

Do you have any other contact info?

Thanks again.
pioneer
New PostCreated: 2009-03-26, 04:37 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

yes it still dvertised as pioneer language institute.
they changed their name to assosiation of teaching chinese.
tel:02 2363-3535
He-ping east road sec1 Nr 200 floor 6th
Jimmy
New PostCreated: 2009-05-04, 05:36 PM CET  Subject: Re: Study Chinese in Taiwan  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Are there any other schools I could go to?
I need flexible hours.
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search