LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
nard and special teams coach Anthony Ble

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 22.08.18, 03:37  Betreff: nard and special teams coach Anthony Ble  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

— Jim Brown has spent much of his post-NFL career fighting for social justice and change.

However Authentic Nathan Shepherd Jersey , the Hall of Fame running back would never kneel during the national anthem.

The 82-year-old Brown, who championed civil rights during his playing career and became an activist in retirement, said Tuesday night that he respects players’ rights to do what they want but his preference is they would stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

“I’ll never kneel and I will always respect the flag,” said Brown, who spoke before an HBO premiere of “Hard Knocks,” which is chronicling the Cleveland Browns in training camp.

Brown was asked how he would resolve the anthem issue, which has plagued the league for two years.

“Well, if you take the bottom line, what are we talking about? We’re talking about freedom to express one’s self Su'a Cravens Jersey Broncos , and if you don’t break any rules then you have that particular right,” he said.

“I am not going to denigrate my flag and I’m going to stand for the national anthem. I’m fighting with all of my strength to make it a better country, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Because what is the top side? Are you not going to stand up? This is our country, man.

“We work hard to make it better and that’s my attitude, so I don’t relate to this issue because it’s newsworthy because where are your superstars? And where are they at? Aren’t they making comments?”

Protests during the anthem have enveloped the league since former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick took a knee to protest social injustice.

The NFL modified its anthem protocol in May, prohibiting demonstrations for 2018, but allowing players to remain in the locker room during the anthem.

The players’ union filed a grievance, and the change has been tabled while the NFL and NFLPA work on a resolution.
Three experienced coordinators, including two with ties to new general manager Dave Gettleman Cheap Ronnie Harrison Jersey , have been added to Pat Shurmur’s coaching staff with the New York Giants.

The hirings were announced Thursday, although most had been widely known in recent weeks.

The offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings, Shurmur was hired on Jan. 22 to rebuild the Giants after a disastrous 3-13 season. Coach Ben McAdoo fired in early December after less than two years on the job.
Article continues below ...
Mike Shula will be the offensive coordinator and work with the quarterbacks. James Bettcher is the defensive coordinator, while Thomas McGaughey will lead the special teams.

Shula and McGaughey worked with Gettleman in Carolina. Both were fired after last season, having served the past five and two years, respectively, as coordinators. Bettcher spent the last five seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, the final three as defensive coordinator.

Also on the staff are receiver coach Tyke Tolbert, offensive line coach Hal Hunter Authentic JK Scott Jersey , tight ends coach Lunda Wells, assistant offensive line coach Ben Wilkerson, defensive line coach Gary Emanuel, defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo, assistant defensive backs coach Deshea Townsend, assistant linebackers coach Rob Leonard and special teams coach Anthony Blevins special teams assistant coach.

Shurmur also retained running back coach Craig Johnson, linebacker coach Bill McGovern, offensive assistant Ryan Roeder and defensive assistant Bobby Blick. They’re joined by strength and conditioning coach Aaron Wellman, strength and conditioning assistant coach Markus Paul Authentic Lamar Jackson Jersey , performance manager Joe Danos and director of performance nutrition Pratik Patel.

”Some of the coaches I have a history with, some were on previous staffs here, and other coaches are guys I’ve known through the profession,” Shurmur said. ”I took a good look at some of the coaches that were here, and we certainly wanted to make sure that some of the really fine coaches that were in the building a year ago had an opportunity to stay.”

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search