LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Josh Harrison’s tenure at second base for the

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.06.19, 05:09  Betreff: Josh Harrison’s tenure at second base for the  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Pirates is over.Pittsburgh declined 2019 options for Harrison and third baseman Jung Ho Kang.The Pirates opted to pay Harrison a $1 million buyout rather than the $10.5 million he was scheduled to make next season. The 31-year-old Mike Trout Jersey , a key part of Pittsburgh’s run of three straight playoff berths from 2013-15, hit .250 with three home runs and 37 RBIs in 97 games in 2018. His playing time diminished near the end of the season while Pittsburgh gave prospect Kevin Newman a look.Kang was a star in South Korea when the Pirates signed him to an $11 million, four-year deal in January 2015. He finished third in NL Rookie of the Year balloting in 2015 after hitting 15 homers and driving in 58 runs as Pittsburgh won 98 games. It would be the high point of Kang’s time with the Pirates.The 31-year-old Kang didn’t play in North America between September 2016 and June 2018 because of visa issues connected to three DUI arrests his native South Korea. He made it back to the majors with Pittsburgh in September, collecting two hits in six at bats during the final weekend of the season.Pittsburgh will pay Kang’s $250,000 buyout. He was slated to make $5.5 million next year. Kang’s contract specified he must be released at the end of the deal. SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona’s Merrill Kelly hopes to emulate St. Louis pitcher Miles Mikolas.Kelly never got above Triple-A during five seasons in the Tampa Bay organization, went to South Korea and won 48 games over four years with the SK Wyverns.Mikolas won 31 games in Japan with the Central League’s Yomiuri Giants from 2015-17 http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , then signed a $15.5 million, two-year contract with the Cardinals and went 18-4. He triggered an extra $1 million in pay for this year, and the Cardinals rewarded him with a $68 million, four-year deal covering 2020-23..”I definitely paid attention to him a lot last year,” Kelly said. “I was checking the box scores. My goal was obviously to come back, and to see him go to Asia and dominate the way he did, and come back and dominate the way he did … I was definitely rooting him on.”Kelly helped SK Wyverns win last year’s title under former Kanas City manager Trey Hillman.“It’s an experience that I can look back on 20 years from now and say I am really glad I spent four years there Garrett Richards Jersey ,” Kelly said. “Before I was contacted, I didn’t even really think of South Korea, other than we learn about the Korean War and more about North Korea.Arizona general manager Mike Hazen said the team had scouted Kelly in Asia and liked “the mix of pitches, the stuff, strike-throwing ability.”“He matured,” Hazen said. “It can play a little offensive over there. It is a good challenge for pitchers.”Kelly was drafted by the Rays out of Arizona State in 2010. Primarily a sinker/changeup pitcher with Tampa Bay, Kelly said he threw four more four-seam fastballs and curveballs in South Korea. He added a cut fastball to better attack left-handed hitters and also saw his velocity rise to the low- to mid-90 mph range.“The Korean hitters are very good at their hand-eye coordination http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey ,” Kelly said. “They are very much in the mentality of ‘if it is in the strike zone, I am going to swing at it, and I am going to swing at it hard.’ And a lot of times they hit it. Just being able to navigate the zone a little bit differently is one of the differences I came back with.”The departures of Patrick Corbin and Clay Buchholz as free agents created opportunity to join a rotation headed by Zack Greinke and Robbie Ray.“We’re going to count on him,” Arizona manager Torey Lovullo said. “I encouraged him to embrace those expectations and understand that he’s ready for these types of challenges. I think he is going to have a good year for us.”

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search