LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
headed in the right direction.But looking ahead, Zen

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
elaine95
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 28.11.19, 03:14  Betreff: headed in the right direction.But looking ahead, Zen  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

DETROIT (AP) — The Detroit Lions tried to make it work without experienced weapons around quarterback Matthew Stafford on Sunday.Once again Darius Slay Jersey , the offense couldn’t do enough as the home team lost 30-16 to the Los Angeles Rams, the Lions’ fifth loss in six games.Without three of its top skill position players from the beginning of the season, coach Matt Patricia’s staff was scrambling to move the ball against the Rams. Offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter dialed up a touchdown pass to an offensive tackle, used a reserve lineman as a fullback, and attempted a wide receiver pass by Bruce Ellington. Detroit also attempted two onside kicks, but recovered neither.“Everybody understood that we were trying to do everything we could to keep it tight,” Patricia said. “There were some things we’re trying to do, by design, to give us a little bit of an advantage in the game.”However, the team failed too many times on third down, going 2 for 12 (17 percent) on what Stafford called the “money” downs, often going with conservative play calls.For the Lions, wide receiver Golden Tate was traded to Philadelphia on Oct. 30, wide receiver Marvin Jones (knee) is out for the season, and running back Kerryon Johnson (knee) missed his second straight game.The Lions (4-8) scored 16 points for the second straight week. Detroit has scored 22 points or fewer in each of the last six games, losing five.“We have some new guys in some new places obviously,” Stafford said. “We’re trying to develop some of those (bread-and-butter plays), to tell you the truth. It’s the constant battle in the NFL, really for every team. You have to figure out what’s working in that game against a certain opponent.”Even when the Lions caught breaks against the Rams, they couldn’t capitalize.After Quandre Diggs made an interception early in the second quarter, the Lions went three-and-out, gaining 2 yards.In the third quarter, after a horse-collar penalty on Ndamukong Suh gave them first-and-goal from the 4-yard line, the Lions went backward and settled for a 29-yard field goal, one of Matt Prater’s three. The crowd booed as Cooter called a draw play to Theo Riddick on third-and-goal from the 19 Sylvester Williams Jersey , gaining 11 yards.Later, Cooter dialed up a wide receiver screen for Ellington on third-and-13, falling 8 yards short with the Lions trailing 16-13 in the fourth quarter, forcing a punt.Detroit went 1 for 5 in the red zone, while the defense kept it close for three quarters against the high-powered Rams.“We just have to do a better job of making the play when it’s there,” Stafford said.Cooter inserted reserve lineman Joe Dahl as a fullback on three plays, and also called a pass to tackle Taylor Decker that went for an 11-yard touchdown.“I thought it was a great add (to the playbook), the situation was perfect,” Stafford said. “I think our crowd got really loud when he was telling everybody that 68 reported eligible, which I thought was great.”Decker said the play was added late in the week and his heart rate went up when it was called.“I walked into breakfast one morning, heard that they were going to have a little wrinkle for me, and I literally said, ‘I’m going to score a touchdown right now,'” Decker said. “We ran it once (in practice). It’s more of a scheme thing. It’s not like I’m beating any man coverage.”But even with the trickery, the offense couldn’t provide enough.Kenny Golladay was targeted twice in the first half, and the Lions were led in receptions by seven from Ellington, a midseason pickup. Tight end Levine Toilolo’s four tied the career high for the six-year pro.“We’ve got to find a way to win, that’s the biggest thing,” Patricia said. “We’re in the game, we just have to keep grinding it out and in the end we’ve got to try to figure out how to get that scoreboard to reflect in the end that we’re winning.” Looking at the trade history, has it all be as one-sided as it seems?" Ask PODDetroit Lions mailbag: Should the Lions stop trading with the Patriots?New,62commentsLooking at the trade history, has it all be as one-sided as it seems? EDTWe’re heading back into the Detroit Lions mailbag. If you’d like to participate in the mailbag, you can Tweet at us anytime using the hashtag #AskPOD. If Twitter isn’t your thing, wait for the Ask POD post here at Pride of Detroit http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-matt-prater-jersey , which usually drops on Friday or Saturday. Onto the questions: From JeffBackusThatAssUp:Great question. Let’s break down each:9/2/17 - Lions trade Johnson Bademosi for 2019 sixth-round pickJust before the season began, the Detroit Lions sent special teams ace Johnson Bademosi to the Patriots. he would end up playing all 16 games (three starts) for New England, but wasn’t re-signed after the year. The Lions would end up using that sixth-round pick to move up in the third round to grab Will Harris from Boston College. The Patriots probably got the better end but not by much.10/25/16 - Lions trade Kyle Van Noy to the Patriots for seventh-round pickYeah, we know how this one turned out. It was a disaster, but also Van Noy was just a really bad fit in Detroit at the time. Regardless, it’s still a pretty ugly mark, even if it kind of made sense at the time.5/9/16 - Patriots trade Jon Bostic to Lions for 2017 seventh-round pickThis is a draw. Bostic was poised to potentially be a starter or prime backup in Detroit, but he suffered a season-ending leg injury in a joint practice and never played a down for the Lions. Therefore the conditions were not met, and the Lions lost nothing.Draft trades2018: Lions traded up 8 spots to get Kerryon Johnson, costing them a fourth-round pickPersonally wasn’t a fan of the move, but time will tell.2018: Lions traded 2019 third-round pick for 2018 fourth-round pick (Da’Shawn Hand)It’s always hard for me to accept trading a third-round pick for a fourth-round pick, even if it’s in the future. Bbut so far, so good with this Lions trade. 2017: Lions trade down 11 spots in third round, get fourth-round pickThe Lions got Kenny Golladay and Jalen Reeves-Maybin. The Patriots got Antonio Garcia. Garcia never played a snap for New England. That’s a big win for Detroit. ~~That’s it, and honestly, it’s not that bad for Detroit. They were clear losers in one trade, and only a small loss with Bademosi. Draft day trades have clearly gone in the Lions favor thus far, though that has more to do with what each team has done with the picks than the actual trade.I get the fear trading with the Patriots. They make a lot of teams look silly. But Bob Quinn has started to reach out to other teams and he hasn’t done all that bad with New England.Permanently, probably not. Situationally, absolutely. We hear all the time how the Lions value versatility, and it’s not just cheap talk. Detroit wants to use their players in multiple roles to confuse the defense, and it’s no secret that Jarrad Davis has a ton of talent as a pass rusher. On situational plays—see: third-and-long—you should absolutely expect to see Davis moved around to the outside. However, I still think this team likes him as the play-caller of the defense, regardless of drafted Jahlani Tavai. Absolutely, they should. In fact Womens Anthony Zettel Jersey , depending on what metric you use, they already have. Personally, I’m a bigger fan of efficiency numbers than total yardage. So things like DVOA or even as simple as yards per carry are more indicative of a better running game. Typically teams that lead the league in rushing yards are teams that run the ball a lot. Teams the run the ball a lot are typically teams that are playing with a lead. None of those describe any Lions team from the past 20 years.Last year, Detroit made a huge jump from 3.4 yards per carry (32nd) to 4.1 yards per carry (26th). Obviously, there’s still room to improve, but with Kerryon Johnson—who was second among RBs with 5.4 yards per carry—and C.J. Anderson—who has never averaged less than 4.0 YPC in a season—there’s no reason to believe Detroit should struggle on the ground.But will they be in the top half of the league in terms of overall yardage? Well, they’re probably going to have to win a lot of games to do that. Obviously, they want to run the ball a lot more, but the game situation has to dictate it, too. I think the Lions finish in the top 10 in terms of yards per carry, but may stay out of the top half in overall yards. From critical perspectiveA good, albeit depressing question. I think the easy answer here is Zach Zenner. Last year, he finished with 265 yards, which isn’t the most of his career, but his 4.8 yards per carry blew his career average out of the water. It’s a sign that Detroit’s running game is headed in the right direction.But looking ahead, Zenner is very much on the roster bubble again, and unless there’s a major injury in the depth chart ahead of him, it’s hard to see how the Lions running back gets any significant touches this year. I’ll take the easy route here on defense and say Domata Peko. Regardless of what happens with Damon Harrison Sr., it makes sense to have a veteran backup nose tackle who can essentially do all the things Snacks does to a lesser degree. Detroit doesn’t have much in terms of backup nose tackles, so Peko is an easy addition.Offensively, I think one of their bigger needs is offensive tackle depth. I don’t think there’s anyone they can pick off the street to compete for a starting left guard job, so might as well add some depth to the edges, as I don’t have a ton of faith in the likes of Andrew Donnal or Ryan Pope (just yet). Give me a veteran guy like Jermey Parnell or Ryan Schraeder, the latter of which graded out as a top-15 run blocking tackle last year with the Falcons.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search