Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
panxing18
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 26.07.19, 04:41     Betreff: Here are some things that definitely won’t ha Antwort mit Zitat  

Kindle, 15 cm (6 Zoll) E Ink-Display...
ppen this year."It’s a little over one week into the 2019 baseball season http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , which means fans have seen just enough baseball to wonder “what if” about any number of extreme scenarios. Say, for example, the idea that the Cubs are only going to win around 48 games and that the pitching staff is just destined to give up four or more runs every night. As snake-bitten as this team seems right now, neither of the above statements is very likely to hold true over the course of a 162-game season. Here are six other things that are fun to think about now but will probably be nowhere near true in September.WAR MachinesFour players are on pace for more than 15 fWAR in 2019 and only one of those players is Mike Trout. The other three are the Mariners‘ Tim Beckham, the Dodgers‘ Cody Bellinger and the Mets’ Jacob deGrom. That would crush Barry Bonds’ single season record for fWAR from 2002.In fairness I should point out that Fangraphs WAR only goes back to 2002. Over at Baseball Reference the single season bWAR record is the 14.1 Babe Ruth put up in 1923. Cody BellingerSpeaking of Bellinger, he’s currently on pace for 103 home runs, a record that would demolish the existing mark of 73 held by Barry Bonds. Dodger fans would surely enjoy that, as they detest pretty much anything having to do with the Giants.One note on the Dodger star and a significant record held by a Cubs player: He’s also currently on pace for 280 RBI, which would demolish one of the longest held records in sports: Hack Wilson’s single season RBI record of 191 with the Cubs in 1930.Jacob deGromNow, I want to be clear: What deGrom is currently doing is very different than my tongue-in-cheek projections above. He’s currently in one of the best stretches ever for a starting pitcher and just tied Bob Gibson’s quality start record. He’s not on this list for any of that, all of that is genuinely amazing.DeGrom is on this list because his FIP is currently -0.23 and I will buy a deGrom jersey if he manages to keep a negative FIP through the regular season. The lowest FIP in Fangraphs’ database is the 1.81 Clayton Kershaw put up in 2014.A lot of strikeoutsStrike outs have been on the rise every season for the last decade, but a couple pitchers are taking their K/9 to ridiculous levels in the early going in 2019, and aside from DeGrom (what can I say Maury Wills Jersey , the man is absurdly good) they really aren’t your usual suspects. The starting pitcher most likely to strike out an opposing hitter in the early going of 2019? The Tigers Matt Boyd who is sporting a K/9 of 18.26 across 11?innings pitched. The Cubs will get a first hand look at the reliever most likely to strike out a batter in their upcoming series against the Marlins in a couple of weeks because Nick Anderson is currently sporting a K/9 of 20.77 across 4?innings.Were you also wondering about some absurd things the Cubs are doing? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.Jason Heyward, MVPFinally the Cubs’ big 2016 acquisition is off to a hot start. The right fielder has made some uncharacteristic errors, but I think fans will probably forgive him for those if he continues OPSing 1.034. In fact, projecting out from the last week of baseball, Heyward is also on pace for 49 home runs and 32 stolen bases.Jon Lester, pinch-hitterI sort of laughed when Joe Maddon put Lester in to pinch hit he other night and I imagine you did too. However, considering the big lefty is currently sporting a 1.000 BABIP (Batting Average on Balls In Play) in his five plate appearances in 2019, perhaps this was not a terrible idea.As fun as it is to project some early season numbers, the point still holds that approximately none of these things are going to be true in September. Frankly, that’s great news for a Cubs pitching staff that is currently sporting a 6.70 ERA and a 6.09 FIP. It’s less great news for the team’s red hot offense which currently sports a 125 wRC+ and a .374 wOBA but a rather unsustainable .335 BABIP.The bottom line is, it’s early and the law of averages indicates all of these outliers are going to even out, including the Cubs’ 3-7 start.All numbers from Fangraphs through games of Monday Fernando Valenzuela Jersey , April 9, except where indicated otherwise. The Boston Red Sox won their 90th game of this special season on Thursday at Fenway Park.They got to 90 before any other team in the major leagues reached 80.But this weekend, Boston, winners of the final two games of a four-game series with the Cleveland Indians to pick up a split, run into a young Tampa Bay club on a roll.Article continues below ...It started last Sunday, when Diego Castillo was the “opener” and former Red Sox prospect Jalen Beeks won in relief as the Rays handed Hector Velazquez his first loss of the season.On Friday night, Castillo again opens for Tampa Bay, winners of five straight games to get to a season-high six games above .500, at The Trop and Beeks is expected to pitch much of the body of the game.Oh, and Velazquez starts for the Red Sox (90-39).The Rays flew home from Boston and swept four straight from the lowly Kansas City Royals, finishing a 7-0 sweep of the season series on a walk-off throwing error Thursday night.It’s the first sweep of a season series against an American League opponent in the history of the franchise.“Four-game sweep, it’s awesome — we’ve having a lot of fun right now, so hopefully just keep it rolling http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey ,” said Kevin Kiermaier, whose grounder led to the Ryan O’Hearn throwing error that gave the Rays their eighth walkoff win of the season.Earlier in the day, David Price, 4-0 with a 1.09 ERA since the All-Star break, threw eight shutout innings and the Red Sox broke a scoreless tie with a six-run fifth inning to rout the Indians in the finale of the potential postseason matchup.Asked if this is his best stretch with the Red Sox since signing a $217 million contract, Price, who won his 14th game, said, “By far. Absolutely. To not have that really bad game mixed in at some point, that’s good. This is the pitcher Boston signed. So for me to get back to that, it’s about time.”The Red Sox lost Mitch Moreland in the first inning to a left knee bruise suffered when trying to catch a foul pop and sliding into a concrete barrier. He stayed in the game but was limping when he singled in the bottom of the first and left — in favor of Blake Swihart. The latter contributed a two-run double in the big fifth.“Little sore,” Moreland said after the game. “Went after the ball in the first there, concrete ledge on the field that I kind of went into. I hit the outside of it pretty good. But it’s getting better. A little sore right now though.”The Red Sox are 11-5 against the Rays this season. Velazquez is 1-1 and Friday’s appearance will give him half his starts against Tampa Bay. He is 1-1 with a 2.12 ERA in 17 innings pitched against the Rays.Boston’s lead over the New York Yankees atop the American League East Kenley Jansen Jersey , which had dropped from 10 1/2 to eight games, is back up to 9 1/2.Castillo went 1 2/3 innings as the “opener” last Sunday before Beeks, acquired from Boston in the Nathan Eovaldi deal, threw four shutout innings, allowing just one hit, to beat his old team.Now, he’ll apparently get the chance to help his new team win its sixth straight.Sergio Romo picked up the win in relief Thursday night, as the Rays improved to 37-24 at The Trop.Matt Duffy is 5-for-7 (.714) against Velazquez, and Joey Wendle homered off the right-hander leading off the second inning last Sunday.Eovaldi pitches against his former team Sunday, when he will face 15-game winner Blake Snell.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 180.528 von 194.984
Search