LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Bill Peters resigns as Calgary Flames head coach E

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
seestyle
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 02.09.22, 07:11  Betreff: Bill Peters resigns as Calgary Flames head coach E  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Flames head coach Bill Peters has resignedduring aninvestigationafter a former player Britton Colquitt Jersey years ago.The player in question, Akim Aliu, played for Peters with the Rockford IceHogs the Chicago Blackhawks' minor league affiliate during the 2009-10 season. Aliu wrote in a series of tweets Monday that Mike Babcock did not surprise him and that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" when it came to Peters, who he labeled as Babcock's "protege."The Flames head coach in junior hockey with the Spokane Chiefs from 1999 to2002 and as Babcock's a sistant with the Detroit Red Wings in 2011.MORE: Calgary Flames GM denies rumors of Bill Peters firingAliu alleged on Twitter that Peters "dropped the N bomb several times towards me in the dre sing room" in his rookie year .On Tuedsay, Aliu to TSN, which also independently corroborated his account with two of his then-teammates. Other players have since come forward with stories of their own unpleasant experiences with Peters, while Calgary general manager Brad Treliving into the matter.Here everything we know so far about the Bill Peters situation.What isBill Peters accused of saying?Former NHLer Akim Aliu accused Peters of repeatedly using racial slurs toward him in the IceHogs locker room before a morning skate during the 2009-10 season.The Nigerian-born Aliu, 20 at the time, that Peters said "Hey Akim, Im sick of you playing that ns," when he entered the room, referring to Aliu's hip-hop music.He said, Im sick of hearing this n fing other nin the a s stuff,'" Aliu told TSN. He then walked out like nothing ever happened. You could hear a pin drop in the room, everything went dead silent. I just sat down in my stall, didnt say a word.TSN reached out to Simon Pepin and Peter MacArthur on Tuesday to corroborate Joel Bitonio Jersey the story. Aliu said Peters never apologized for his comments and instead used a racial slur again when they had a one-on-one meeting.You know, Im just sick of this n s. Its every day. From now on, we need to play different music," Peters said, according to Aliu.Aliu tweeted that he and was sent down to the ECHL not long after as a result. He also said he never confronted the coach about the incident directly."What am I going to say? I was 20 years old and a first-year pro. I was too scared to speak up, Aliu told TSN. I beat myself up every day over it.Flames, NHL i sue statements over allegationThe NHL "repugnant and unacceptable" in a statement Tuesday.Rumors swirled that Peters had been fired when he was not seen on the ice for the Flames' practice in Buffalo on Tuesday, but Calgary GM Brad Treliving told reporters the coach . Treliving said he had alrady Kendall Lamm Jersey spoken to both Peters and Aliu, and while he could not speculate on what might happen, Treliving to the need for a "thorough" investigation into the matter."We hope to have this completed quickly, but its got to be thorough," Treliving told reporters. "Its got to be thorough and its got to be done correctly and Im not about to comment on anything halfway through or give tidbits or give soundbites at this point other than to say the serious nature of this is not lost on us. We take it with extreme seriousne s and until such time as I personally can talk to all parties involved and everybody we want to as part of this, were not going to comment."A statement from GM Brad Treliving in Buffalo. Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) ESPN's Greg Wyshynski that the only reason Peters has not yet been fired is that the team's lawyers are working on a way to remove him without having to pay the rest of his contract. , Peters is signed through the 2020-21 season; financial details of the contract are unknown.Later Tuesday evening, Treliving that Peters will not be coaching while the team's investigation continues."Bill Peters will not be behind the bench for the Flames game Wednesday night in Buffalo," the statement read."A sociate coach Geoff Ward will handle head coaching duties."Prior concerns were raised in Carolina that a prior concern had been raised by players and staff members within Antonio Callaway Jersey the Hurricanes organization to Ron Francis regarding concerns about Peters. No change was made.Francis was the Hurricanes' GM from 2014-18, the same exact time Peters was the head coach. Francis is now the first GM of the Seattle expansion team."Close relationships spanning decades were ruined because of Francis' decision not to fire Peters," .How NHL players reacted to Akim Aliu's claimAnother former IceHog, Sean McMorrow, that Peters was the "worst human being ever to coach me" and that he was treated "terrible" by the now 54-year-old head coach.Michal Jordan, who played for Peters during his time with the Hurricanes, accused Peters of physical abuse during an unspecified game.1) Never wish anything bad to the person but you get what you deserve Bill.After years making it to the NHL had experience with the worst coach ever by far.Kicking me and punching other player to the head during the game... Michal Jordan (@TheBigCzech23) 2) then pretending like nothing happened...couldnt believe my eyes what can happen in the best league.. happy that i dont have to go thrue that stuff on daily basics anymore. Michal Jordan (@TheBigCzech23) Current Hurricanes head coach Rob Brind'Amour who served as Peters' a sistant and said the team's upper management handled the situation correctly after players raised concerns about Peters.The Athletic's Sara Civian that one source within the Hurricanes organization simply said "Karma's a b" in response to the allegations against Peters.Peters i sues apologyOn Wednesday, addre sed to Treliving and sent toTSN'sBob McKenzie andSportnet's Eric Francis along with the Flames GM."I am aware that there is no excuse for language that is offensive," the statement read."I meant no disrespect in what I said, and it was not directed at anyone in particular. But that doesn't matter, it was hurtful and demeaning. I am truly sorry."A statement from Bill Peters, in the form of a letter to CGY GM Brad Treliving:: Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) Later Wednesday, Treliving told reporters that the investigation was still ongoing, adding that the Flames have "tried to be as open as transparent as po sible.""I know everybody wants everything done immediately and the world we live in is immediate," Treliving told reporters."We are not trying to stall or take time or drag our feet. It's a serious matter."Aliu called Peters' apology "misleading, insincere and concerning" in a statement of his own Thursday morning. Akim Aliu (@Dreamer_Aliu78) Peters i sues letter of resignationOn Friday, Treliving Jim Brown Jersey announced that he accepted a letter of resignation from Peters as a result of the ongoing investigation into the racial slur and physical abuse allegations the now-former head coach was facing. He would not offer

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search