LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Con. Regular Servicing?

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 27.02.20, 09:01  Betreff: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Just had a letter from my VW dealer suggesting that the air con on my Passat should be serviced every 2 years at a price of £89.95. Is this yet another way for dealers to make money or is there any validity in the idea? My Passat is 4 years old and the air con (climate control) works perfectly.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 27.02.20, 09:02  Betreff: Re: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

What a spendid example of rip-off Britain! Where I live any street corner motor workshop will check for leaks, gas up the Freon as req'd and check the belt for about 5 quid exra on top of the normal costs for a service.

Unbelievable the length UK companies will go to separate you from your moolah.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 27.02.20, 09:02  Betreff: Re: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Totally agree, though in defence, A/C is almost as essential as brakes, tyres etc. in the tropics and almost every car will be equipped with a FF or aftermarket system. Therefore having your A/C checked has become as common as having your brakes checked, oil changed* etc.

In the UK, A/C has only become common place in the last few years, before that it was only luxury/top end car that had A/C as standard - so I expect the service infrastructure will be relatively limited. If a few years time when the current crop of cars start coming outside the dealer networks for servicing, we may see changes.

BRADFORD
Ehemaliges Mitglied

Usually once every three years it is recommended to have the a/c drained and refilled with new refrigerant, air conditioning refrigerant is hygroscopic, and absorbs moisture (one of the main reason for poor performance in car a/c systems) through the rubber hose sections, its also these rubber hose sections which allow the gas to migrate from the system, causing natural loss."

Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 27.02.20, 09:03  Betreff: Re: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Roger Jones I can't let you get away with that 'three year servicing' con. The gas in an AC system is totally enclosed and maintained above atmospheric pressure whether the compressor is running or not, so ingress of moisture from the air is impossible. As for gas leaching out, refrigerent gas has big molecules and the rate of leaching, if any will be infinitesimal. Under use is the biggest bugbear for auto AC because as so many before me have indicated, the circulating gas carries with it the lubricant for the compressor and associated seals, lack of use allows the latter to dry and shrink and harden so the gas leaks out.

GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 27.02.20, 09:03  Betreff: Re: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Even though the system is under pressure, ingress of moisture is still possible. The manufacturers can verify this, and that is why they include a drier in the system containing a dessicant to absorb moisture.

Unfortunately, there is gas leakage over time, though it is reckoned to average 5%/year, and again the manufacturers will verify this. Due to the EU's dislike of r134a refrigerant, they wish to see it banned by 2010, so have asked the manufacturers to look for alternatives. As a sop to the EU, they went back to them with an 'Enhanced R134a system' with promises to reduce annual leakage rates to something like 2%. So static leakage is very real.

Maradona Jons
Gast
New PostErstellt: 29.02.20, 08:33  Betreff: Re: Con. Regular Servicing?  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Established since 1999, Airecontrol has since become a leading brand name and experienced aircon service company in Singapore. As a home-grown Singaporean aircon service company, we have earned several accreditations like TrustSg in 2007 and awards such as being recognized as Singapore’s Top 500 Emerging Businesses and the Successful Entrepreneur Award in 2010. Our Airecontrol team of experienced professionals is able to handle any aircon servicing and repair inquiries. We offer a wide range of aircon services which include aircon installation, chemical cleaning, aircon repairs, yearly maintenance contracts and more. Browse around this website https://www.airecontrol.com
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search