LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 08:14  Betreff: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

The WEBP Format is a Image Formate developed by Google. You can find more Information on it here or in this Wikipedia Article. Perhaps, the File you dragged to the Desktop is not corrupt, but there is no Program to display it. To check if the File is corrupt, just drag and drop in onto an new Chrome Browser Window. To convert the File to another Format like JPG, use a Converter like the Zamzar WEBP Converter.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:56  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

I am not sure if this is a theme issue or global Mobirise issue. I have converted ALL my images to .WebP format but have noticed Mobirise is re converting them all to PNG. I want to use WebP file format in the website but it seems to not let me.

BRADFORD
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:56  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

I don't know why anyone would use that format yet. I tried researching it in my Safari browser on my Mac and looking at examples on the Google developers site, the images wouldn't even show. What else doesn't support it? How much of a client base or audience is one to lose?
It's just another example of how obnoxious Google is, currently expecting or assuming that everyone is tied to using their products.
From what I read about the format, it could "One Day" be a promising image format. But for now, it's far from accepted.

Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:57  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Yes, agreed the support could be better. But if no one was to use it, it will never take off. demand for it is only way to get more browsers to support it. You must admit the file size saving for image quality is impressive. Images are a huge overhead in the overall page file size at end of the day. And with the way online is going more and more quality imagery is being called for and so is a factor on a page load time.

Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:57  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

You are right. There is no doubt about the impressive results, half or up to three quarters size reduction depending on the images. It is exciting but a little pre-mature. I would predict that by next year it will be an accepted quality. But for now, I think it would be detrimental to isolate web sites due to its minimal exposure and the audience's it will lose. I can't say I am not excited and I thank you for your post as I have heard nothing about it until now.

GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:58  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Also never heard of webp until this thread, looks like it's a cloudflare thing to reduce image size and increase download speed by increasing the lossyness of the image. Only available on their paid plans, something the client (I assume Daz) enables.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 12.01.20, 09:58  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

That's arguable in the first place, but even if we assume that's true if that's the format it was originally compressed in, it's obviously not true when they've been re-converted from JPEG - not only do you have the compression artefacts and losses from the original JPEG, you also get WEBP's compression artefacts and losses stacked on top of it.

Looking at the latest thing I uploaded to the gallery, if I compare the JPEG image I originally uploaded to the WEBP version that Daz has converted it to, I can visibly see more compression artefacts in the latter (and even worse compared to my original PNG master*).

BRADFORD
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 13.01.20, 08:21  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

The MP3 format is a lossy format. That means that an MP3 file does not contain 100% of the original audio information. Instead, MP3 files use perceptual coding. In other words, that means it removes the information that your ear doesn't notice thereby making the file smaller. The reason lossy formats are used over RAW is that RAW audio files are too large to travel over the internet at any great speed. By using lossy formats it enables even dial up users to download mp3 files at a reasonable speed. RAW file formats generally require 176,000 bytes per second compared to a lossy format which requires 17,600. The difference is massive and so are the download times.
I would definitely recommend checking it out m4a to mp3 online

rsneha
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 29.09.22, 08:52  Betreff: Re: Convert WEBP files to JPG for free in seconds  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

I recommend to use this jpeg compress site to convert WEBP files to JPG for free in second.

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search