LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
No fault car insurance - loss of use

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 06:23  Betreff: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

My father got into car accident. it was not at fault accident. They determined that the car is totaled. We went through the at fault drivers insurance which is Nationwide. We filed claim day after the accident. However we didnt received any calls for two weeks.

Anyway, nationwide is offering us only $3300 including tax and title fee. I looked on local listing from cars.com, autotrader have cars with similar mileage listed for over $4500. Its 2006 sonata GLS model with 129k miles on it. since last year we spent over $1500 to replace parts on the vehicle.

I was on the phone with the adjuster Today. I asked about the loss of use compensation. they said nationwide does not compensate loss of use vehicle and its state law. they have not contacted us for more than 14 days. Now they are telling us to rent a car for 10 days only.

I am still waiting for revised CCC report to come back. I want to know if my father is entitled to loss of use.
he lives in pa. He is using my secondary car at the moment.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 06:24  Betreff: Re: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Your father is entitled to be compensated for his actual loss. If he had rented a car from the date of the accident until Nationwide made the offer (which is typically the cut off) he would have received compensation for the rental.

Since he is authorized to rent a car for 10 days now that Nationwide is revising the total loss value, I suggest he do so. If he doesn't, he doesn't get the money.

As for the replacement parts, that's maintenance. If the car wasn't maintained it would be evaluated as poor or fair condition instead of good or excellent condition.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 06:25  Betreff: Re: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

thank you for respond.
But, i thought insurance company still owes us loss of use" damages for every day you do not have a vehicle due to the damage. i heard Insurance companies typically pay $25-30 per day for loss of use. I don't need authorization from insurance. i am demanding it.

GUTIERREZ
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 06:25  Betreff: Re: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Isn't Pennsylvania a no-fault state, meaning your insurance company covers the damage to your vehicle under Collision coverage & loss of use under an optional rental reimbursement?

or was the car parked at the time & part of the Property Damage coverage.

Vicente
Mitglied

Keep in mind, the cars you see for sale on Cars.com & autotrader are what a dealership would charge for a car after paying costs to detail the vehicle, overhead, taxes & sales commissions. He wont generally receive that amount as you don't have those overhead costs that a dealership has.

Travis
Mitglied

While I am not familiar with Pennsylvania laws for insurance, the last part is right and wrong.

A person is entitled to Actual Cash Value (ACV), which for a vehicle is Fair Market Value (FMV). Basically, what it would cost to buy the same make, model and year in similar condition and with similar mileage. And that will include tax, title and license as those fees would be required to buy a similar vehicle. For older and/or rarer vehicles, this can be more difficult to establish, which is where the adjuster gets to work for his pay.

Now, fair market value is what vehicles actually sell for, not what they are listed for. So even though the exact same car may be listed on Cars.com for $5000, when reviewing transactions it actually sells for more like $4500. Then FMV would be $4500 plus tax, title and license.

Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 06:26  Betreff: Re: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

So yes, you won't get what vehicles are listed for on the sites, they also can't deduct for dealer profit, overhead, taxes, commissions, etc. The idea of insurance is to indemnify, which means after it is all said and done, after the accident I should be as close as possible to where I was before. Obviously you've been through an accident and had had to deal with it, but the company should try to get you back as close to normal as they can.

BRADFORD
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 31.12.19, 13:55  Betreff: Re: No fault car insurance - loss of use  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Excellent aside from a little confusion on my payment to be changed and if I would be charged on this card as well as from my automatic payment method. Otherwise, thus far I have had a great experience! Not that this made it a bad one.. the call was answered extremely quickly and the woman was extremely friendly. She verified my account with a few questions and ok'd my responses in seconds. As well as answering my question in what seemed to be seconds. To top it off, it's nearly midnight ET and I wasn't sure I would even get to speak to anyone directly. I found out that general is available 24/7. Very happy with my experience tonight! Click to find out more https://www.general.com/articles/insurance-salvage-title-car

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search