Russisch-Blau-Katzenforum

Hier können alle Katzenfreunde Neuigkeiten über ihre Samtpfoten austauschen, Fragen bei Problemen posten und neue Dosis kennenlernen... Freilich sind auch internationale Gäste herzlich willkommen!

Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
HCM

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Alyona

Cattery-Name: Alyona

New PostErstellt: 16.07.08, 11:41  Betreff: HCM  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Hallo Leute,

Erst wieder eine Entschuldigung für mein schlechtes Deutch. Ich denke aber dass mehr von euch das verstehen werden, dann wann Ich auf English schreiben würde.

Heute habe Ich leider ein ganz slechtes Nachricht. Ich bin Mitglied von viele internationale Forums und jetzt findet mann dort Nachrichten die ganz nerven.

Hier findet mann die Nachrichten (mann soll Mitglied werden zum beobachten): http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/russianbluecats/

Es betrifft HCM. Hier einer der private Nachrichten, der ich durchschicken darf:

Hi Maartje

HCM is in the lines of Russian Blues and that is now a very very sad fact. 

I don't have a problem with breeders keeping quiet about the little unimportant things like lockets, blue point genes, long hair genes, medium long hair genes  - all these  really make no difference to the health and welfare of our precious cats.

But when something as insidious as this HCM gene hits our beloveds and starts killing them, then this is something to be shouted from the rooftops and breeders should be spreading the word throughout the breed all over the world and taking all the necessary steps to put a stop to this killer.

And now with internet it is so very very easy to share information.

So I am going to say that in this situation - too bad if breeders want to keep quiet about this in their lines.  This is a matter of life and death with too many dead cats, and too many heartbroken owners and breeders (those that care).

I discovered that this killer is in my lines only a few months ago.  And it has weighed very heavily on my conscience.  At first I thought, well, I have stopped breeding...........But now I have heard of SIX CASES in SIX MONTHS in cats in Israel, the USA, Mexico and Europe.  This is too terrible.  And I was just reading Sally's posting where she lost her RB to HCM back in 1994 - which is 14 years ago.  If only breeders had started talking about this and testing for this back then and taken known carriers out of breeding pools - but they did not and now the HCM gene may be spread throughout the RB genepool worldwide. 

I am going to contact Dr. Susan Little of the Winn Feline Foundation about this.  They have been investigating  HCM in the Maine Coons and now they know for a fact that up to one third of all Maine Coons have this. The more facts I have to present to Dr. Susan Little of the Winn Feline Foundation the better so perhaps we can work together on this project. 

There is a very good article on their website about HCM and they have developed DNA tests for Maine Coons and now Ragdolls as well.  They have a great deal of information on their site. 
You can go to their site and key HCM in the search box.  This is what came up when I did this.
The main article on HCM is at
http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/health/hcm.html

I will also write to all the breeders who have Brightlight cats and other breeders as well. 

I think it is going to have to be a case of writing to each and every breeder individually, particularly in the US where many of the RB breeders are denying the existence of HCM in Russian Blue lines.

I can work with you to help compose the letter and help with your organisation in other ways.
Are you a member of the RussianBlueBreedersWorldwide yahoo group - if not you will be most welcome to join.  In fact, I will be posting there about the HCM gene and you could post your information there too, so I will send you an invitation if you are not already a member.  THe group is very quiet and there does not seem to be much discussion but at least there are quite a few breeders registered who I know read postings when they are sent. The URL for the group is

We need to do the best for our cats and  now, one way we can do our best is to make the issue of the HCM gene known.  Pet owners whose pets have been diagnosed with HCM have every right to make the pedigree information available, regardless of what the breeder feels. So if we can't get the information from the breeder, we can get the information from the pet owners who have suffered the agony of the loss of their beloved. 

Rena Kalina
Brightlight Russian Blues

In de Niederländen hatten wir so etwas schon etwa erwartet.
Deswegen haben wir (der SBR-RBF, Russian Blue Foundation, www.stichtingblauwerus.nl) in Zusammenarbeit mit Genetic Counselling Services (http://www.gencouns.nl/english.php ) eine DNA-database errichtet.
Das Ziel dieser Database ist das sammeln von Datei (HCM-Testresulten, Stammbäume und Blut) um damit eine Marker zu finden womit mann eine DNA Test entwicklen kann.
Die Untersuchungen finden jetzt schon statt, aber wir brauchen immer noch mehr Material.
Unsere Database ist völlig verschlossen, was meint das nur GCS Eintritt hat. Datei wird also nicht veröffentlicht.
Wir fragen euch jetzt die Rasse zu hilfen und zu sprechen wann Sie auch van HCM -fälle gehört haben, oder sie erfahren haben.
Sie können das machen durch uns oder Gencouns Datei und Material zu schicken (meine offizielle emailadresse ist secretaris@stichtingblauwerus , dort bekommen Sie auch weitere Informationen von mir, denn unsere webseite ist noch nicht auf English oder Deutch verfüglich, und Gencouns kann mann erreichen durch eine Mail zu schicken nach ), durch hier über Erfahrungen zu erzählen, durch Mitglied zu werden von die genennte Englische/Internationale Gruppen oder durch Stambäume und Testinfo zu publizieren auf www.HCMtest.com, wo ich den Russen hinfugen haben lass.
Biss eine DNA-test entwickelt ist rufen wir an zum jährliches testen aller Zuchttiere durch Echography!
Lassen wir einander und die Rasse hilfen - jetzt ist es Zeit für Tätigkeit, wir können es nicht länger ignorieren - machen wir bitte was, vor es zu spät ist!!!
Bitte!!!
Liebe Grüsse,
ein besorgtes Maartje

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search