Microwave Forum

Sämtliche Inhalte dieses Forums dienen ausschließlich wissenschaftlichen und nichtkommerziellen Zwecken --- All content is provided for educational and non commercial purposes only

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages MembersMembers SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Satellite dish wi-fi antenna

First   Previous   Next   Last
richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-11, 02:36 PM CET  Subject: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

ALPINA Erwachsene Skihelm Grap, Blac...
[Draft !]

Hi,
i started to build a point-to-point wi-fi link, with two old Technisat pfa satellite antenna dishes (1m reflector diameter each).

Pfa means prime focus antenna, like this one:
http://www.satlex.de/de/satcom_pfa-page_1.html
Today, most satellite dishes are offset dishes because they take less place.

Why?
To connect two houses with wi-fi, distance: 1,5km. NO free line of sight. Sharing one DSL broadband connection with two houses to save money.

Inspiration:
http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm

Unfortuantely, i don´t have the pictures of the whole antennas yet, next week, 17/18 november i can will add them.

-------------

There was one strange thing when i constructed those biquad feeds. I assumed that a bi-loop will work as good as a biquad... i think the loop looks more beautiful... but when i tested them with a network analyser, S11 of the bi-loop was really bad, -5dB return. I can´t imagine what might has been wrong with it... i decided to use the normal biquad, which had good values at the first try (lower than -10dB return).

The biquads are mounted on the original tripod of the satellite dish, where usually the lnb is installed.

[edited: 2007-11-11, 11:37 PM CET by kleiner-onkel]

Attachment:

PICT0003_.jpg (66 kByte, 512 x 384 pixels)
save

Show user's profile Send private message to this member
kleiner-onkel

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-12, 04:40 PM CET  Subject:  Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi Richard

Nice article... ,,, send us our results...

OH... I see hot glue is our friend... my too (;->

By the way... does hot glue absorb rf???

greetings Chris

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-12, 08:10 PM CET  Subject: Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Zitat: kleiner-onkel
    ... does hot glue absorb rf???

Hi, i don´t know if it does, but perhaps i should write a letter to the manufacturer of those glue sticks... "Can you tell me the epsilon eff. of your glue sticks at 2.4GHz?"

Another problem: I bought two multipacks of glue sticks some years ago from Aldi... Should i send THEM my letter? Not?!

[edited: 2007-11-12, 08:13 PM CET by richy_64]
richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-17, 12:25 PM CET  Subject: Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Some pictures...

[edited: 2007-11-17, 12:30 PM CET by richy_64]

Attachment:

PICT0010.JPG (23 kByte, 480 x 640 pixels)
Picture optimized für best viewing.
Large view - save

PICT0016.JPG (76 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

PICT0044.JPG (26 kByte, 480 x 640 pixels)
Large view - save

richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-17, 12:32 PM CET  Subject: Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna o.T.  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

[edited: 2007-11-17, 12:40 PM CET by richy_64]

Attachment:

PICT0055.JPG (29 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

PICT0035.JPG (23 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-17, 12:34 PM CET  Subject: Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna o.T.  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Justeel Herren Silber Gold Kreuz Eng...

[edited: 2007-11-17, 12:41 PM CET by richy_64]

Attachment:

PICT0061.JPG (96 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

PICT0062.JPG (36 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

PICT0067.JPG (88 kByte, 640 x 480 pixels)
save

richy_64

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-17, 12:36 PM CET  Subject: Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

I would like to let the dish under the roof... don´t know if this will work... somewhere at the horizon is the target....

[edited: 2007-11-17, 12:45 PM CET by richy_64]

Attachment:

PICT0052.JPG (21 kByte, 480 x 640 pixels)
Large view - save

kleiner-onkel

Administrator

New PostCreated: 2007-11-18, 01:16 PM CET  Subject:  Re: Satellite dish wi-fi antenna  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi Richard...

Nice pictrues.... i hope your link work as you inmagin.... and if not... i'm sure you will fix all problems. No... i never seen you befor... .. how are you... in our new firm...?

I'm very busy at the moment... and study is no "pony range (:->)) C-Programming is very hard to me... and lot of work had do be done. Greetings from Offenburg Germany.

Chris

Show user's profile Send private message to this member Go to website of this member
Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search