Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender
Freies Politikforum für Demokraten und Anarchisten

PLATTFORM FÜR LINKE GEGENÖFFENTLICHKEITEN

Beiträge können nicht (mehr) eingestellt oder kommentiert werden!

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
palestina libera

New PostErstellt: 04.12.13, 23:17     Betreff: Druze teen faces jail over refusing to serve in Israeli army

"I refuse to take an assault rifle and point it at another human being. I abhor this violence and everything connected to violence. I detest and hate all violence," he told Amnesty International.

"I don't want to be part of the Israeli army because the Israeli government is responsible for the occupation. As an Arab Druze I consider myself part of the Palestinian people - so how can I be part of the army that occupies my people? I won't sell all my beliefs and my identity to anyone."

Every year, a handful of Israeli teenagers are sent to prison for refusing to serve in the Israeli army on grounds of conscience, Amnesty says.

Although Druze communities are conscripted into Israel's military, many have refused to serve on the grounds that they would be fighting a war against their own people.

"The loneliness of the prison cell is one thousand times better than standing in front of my people while pointing a gun at them, or imposing a curfew on them," Ajuad Zidan, a former Druze objector, said after refusing to enlist in 2010.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=654008

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 863 von 3.365
Gehe zu:   
Search