Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender
Freies Politikforum für Demokraten und Anarchisten

PLATTFORM FÜR LINKE GEGENÖFFENTLICHKEITEN

Beiträge können nicht (mehr) eingestellt oder kommentiert werden!

'Welcome to Kashmir'

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
palestina libera

New PostErstellt: 10.03.17, 13:19  Betreff: Security forces kill 15-year-old protester in Kashmir  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Amir Nazir dies in Indian-administered Padgampora village during protest over raid that left two suspected rebels dead.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/security-forces-kill-15-year-protester-kashmir-170309132507712.html

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
palestina libera

New PostErstellt: 04.11.15, 23:31  Betreff: Hundreds arrested in Kashmir ahead of Modi visit  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Authorities in India-administered Kashmir have cracked down on hundreds of political activists and pro-independence leaders ahead of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the region.

Modi will hold a public rally in the restive Himalayan territory on November 7 where rebels and pro-independence groups have called for a counter 'Million March' on the pattern of a similar campaign held recently in the US.

"India has responded to our peaceful march with sheer force. But we will try to reach the venue with one million people," Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the region's top pro-independence leader told Al Jazeera.

Geelani, who is under house-detention, has called for a such a march supported by all pro-independence parties and over a dozen rebel groups who are fighting for independence, or merger of the territory with Pakistan.

"We don't want to sabotage his [Modi's] rally but we want to remind the world about 18 UN resolutions on Kashmir that promise right of self-determination to Kashmiris," he said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/hundreds-arrested-kashmir-modi-visit-151104134822428.html

palestina libera

New PostErstellt: 04.11.15, 11:41  Betreff: 'Welcome to Kashmir'  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

A Kashmiri photojournalist remembers the day he was picked up by the police and tortured.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2015/11/kashmir-151102135831306.html

Haunted and Depressed: The Struggle of Orphans in Kashmir

In a congested classroom, 13-year-old Sahil Majeed is trying to copy on his note book what his teacher is writing on a white board with black marker pen.

He was a seven-year-old when his father disappeared after being abducted by the army in Kashmir. He had to be admitted in an orphanage in Srinagar for his mother had no income to take care of her only son.

Sahil has two younger sisters and a mother who is a half widow. His voice trembles with fear and frowns become visible on his little forehead every time he recalls how his father became disappeared. “I was sleeping that night when army raided our house. They took my father along and then there came no news about him,” he said.

Sahil’s mother has been moving from pillar to post to find her missing husband but all her efforts are proving futile.

Sahil was admitted in the orphanage after his mother found it difficult to bear the costs of his studies. “I miss my little sisters. It has been three months that I haven’t seen them. I want to run away from this place but I realise where I would go then,” he said.

http://www.ipsnews.net/2015/10/haunted-and-depressed-the-struggle-of-orphans-in-kashmir/

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search