Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 07.09.06, 21:11     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Starsailor Message Board - Summer Update Part 6 / 16 - 08 - 2006

Zitat: Starsailor
    Hi Folks,

Another exciting week and another milestone in the history of Starsailor. The biggest headline gig to date. Last night we played in front of 15,000 people at the Marktrock festival in Belgium. The festival was situated in Leuven (home of Stella Artois!) in the town square. Despite this being the home of strong lager we all managed to keep a lid on it until after the show!

The line up was a complete mixed bag Ice-T and Bodycount was on in the afternoon and the Sugababes were on before us! Amazingly the crowd loved it all. I have to say the Sugababes put on a great show and all their voices were top notch. They saved the best till last of course with the magnificent 'Push The Button'. They were very kind about us too, mentioning something about the 'fabulous' Starsailor.

Most pop music makes me want to be sick but when it's good it really puts a smile on my face. Before we knew it, it was time for us to go on. You know it's going to be a great gig when there is a huge roar when you step on the stage before you have even played a note. By the end the crowd were going mad. Thanks once again Belgium for being such passionate music lovers.

The gig in Germany a couple of nights before did not quite hit those dizzy heights but it was none the less a good show. Germany will of course hold a special place in our hearts too though being the place where we met the stones! Now I cant wait for our gigs in Edinburgh and of course the V festivals.

I hope you are all in good voice for V, the Belgians are currently in top spot for crowd of the summer closely followed by the French. To all you Scots and English out there, the gauntlet has been thrown down! I'm off to pack for our mammoth American tour, hope all the US is ready for us.

From James
Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 1
25 - 08 - 2006

Hello All,

James here writing to you from our hotel in New York City. We have been in New York for a couple of days now.

Thanks to everyone who came down to the in-store at virgin last night. It was great to see a couple of familiar faces. We have been away for a while so we were not sure what to expect.

We have been spending quite a bit of time visiting all the people who are working on the record in the US (publishing, press, record company etc.) this is actually more fun than it sounds. Everyone involved seems to genuinely like the band which is the main thing.

I think we are going to head to a baseball game tonight. I will keep an open mind I promise! It's just the length of time they play for which puts me off. Having people walk round with hot dogs and beers is not going to help my diet much either is it. I guess I could do an extra hour in the gym!

Sorry to hear about Tom from Keane's recent problems. Keane supported us in Germany a few years ago and have always seemed like really decent blokes. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks to all the fans back home for making V such a special gig for us. It was a fitting end to our European Tour. We thought Stafford was great but I think the weather, the crowd and the fact that we were a little bit more confident made Chelmsford one of the highlights of the summer.

Let's not forget the crowd in the Virgin tent for my acoustic performance. It was nerve wracking going on before Rufus Wainwright but you were all great.

Hope you enjoyed the new song I played in Edinburgh, I'm really proud of it. When the old songs mean so much to people (especially on this site) it's always hard to write stuff which lives up to it.

I'll be back soon with an update from the west coast.

Bye For Now,

James
Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 2
07 -09 - 2006

Hi Folks,

Hello from the USA. Things are going great out here. Both the Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel shows went really well. Rich was very excited about Tommy Lee being on the Kimmel show. He was a boyhood Crue fan!

Jay Leno stopped by the dressing room to say hello and welcome back which was cool of him. We paid a visit to Yahoo!, KCRW and Napster to record sessions and also performed an acoustic set at the Viper Room (photo below). I dj'd at a club called 'Cinespace' in LA which was fun. I was not aware that it was a hip hop/80's night though. Two genres of music I have little knowledge of! Thankfully a little Beyonce and Amerie goes a long way. Thank goodness for Gnarls Barkely too, I played at least two songs from that album.

It was great to be back at KCRW again, a station that has supported us throughout the years. Nic Harcourt has great taste in music and it's amazing how many big names he has managed to coax down to their little studio in Santa Monica. If you are based out in the States you might have noticed 'In The Crossfire' is being used in an ad for the crime series 'Cold Case'.

So all in all our trip to LA was a successful one. We are looking forward to going back for the shows at The Troubadour. After the sun of LA it was off to rainy Montreal. Montreal is a beautiful city and it was great to spend some time there. The festival was good despite the weather. We were on early so it was not packed but the enthusiasm of the crowd made up for it. Headlining the festival were 'The Flaming Lips' who were outstanding as usual.

After Montreal it was off to Ottawa. The fans we met afterwards seemed so excited about us being in town. The crowd were singing along all the way through the gig. It seemed to take an age to get back through immigration into America so we were relieved when we woke up off the bus to find ourselves in Boston.

The day off was spent sampling the local seafood, visiting the 'Cheers' bar (which looks nothing like the Hollywood set!) and shopping in Copley Plaza. So that brings you bang up to date. Here we are in the 'Paradise Club' waiting to get on stage.

See You Soon,

James

p.s. Don't forget to check out Rich's video diary on YouTube to get some moving images to match my words.

[editiert: 07.09.06, 22:25 von Tonny]
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 187 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search