Autor Beitrag
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.09.06, 23:22     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 3
18 - 09 - 2006

Zitat: Starsailor
    Hello All

Our voyage into America continues. The show in Philly was really good. There was an afternoon show and a gig in the evening which took it out of us a bit. It was a great venue and the crowd were really enthusiastic. I actually got to see a bit of the city too.

Some of the band made a pilgrimage to the Rocky Steps while I spent some of the day by the harbour with my family. The V festival in Toronto was certainly an experience. We had to get boats over to the island. Ours nearly sank! Once on dry land we were able to catch a bit of David Ford's set. Some of you may remember him from the British tour. The line-up for the festival was superb. Gnarls Barkely, Phoenix and The Flaming Lips to name but three.

After Toronto it was back on the Bus and on to New York. It was good to have a day off in the big apple which for me was spent checking out new computers. I also made it to Trump Tower and The Rockerfeller Centre. Trump Tower was very 70's looking inside. Incidentally why is New York called 'The Big Apple'?

No offence to the rest but New York was the best show of the tour so far. Playing on 9/11 we were not sure how the crowd would be. This is understandably an emotional day for New Yorkers. We needn't have worried. The audience sang along to every word. I decided to start 'Silence Is Easy' with a little bit of 'Don't Let Me Down' which went down a treat.

It was also the first sold-out show of the tour so thanks to everyone who made it down to the gig. Next up was Washington. The 9:30 club brought back memories of our tour with The Charlatans. The antics have been decidedly tame so far compared to what went on on that tour. Needless to say there was not a lot of sleeping went on amongst certain members of the touring party back then!

The gig was inevitably a bit of a comedown from New York but we still really enjoyed ourselves. Our day off in Charlotte can definitely be filed under crazy. I went to meet Les in a local Irish bar called Connellys and he had managed to get the bar man to play 'On The Outside' on a loop. He had also invited half the bar down to the gig! It didn't take him long to become a hero and the bar man kindly got us a couple of rounds on the house. Rich and Les apparently ended up in some millionaire's lake house! Needless to say they remember nothing about it!

I went down to the local radio station (W.E.N.D) on the day of the show. They invited loads of people down to sit in on the session which was cool. Les is going through all these bits of paper trying to get his guest list together for the show tonight!

Thats All Folks!

James

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
Today is a Gift - That's why it's called the Present
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 182 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search