Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.12.06, 22:25     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

James Walsh "The little acoustic tour was a blast!"

Zitat: Starsailor
    Hi All

I know I said my next message would be a Christmas one, but the little acoustic tour turned out to be a blast. First there was the radio station show in Seattle which included myself, Snow Patrol, Pete Yorn and the local transvestite entertainer Candice Derriere (who incidentally is a truck driver by day!).

Then it was onto San Francisco for another radio station show, this time an aftershow with Lily Allen. The crowd was superb. I'm always worried going on late at night at a club, what sort of response I will get, but this place was really cool. Miss Allen closed proceedings with a brilliant set of urban tales which she has become so famous for. Oh, I forgot to mention I was hanging out with Brandon Flowers before their set and I was pleased he remembered me from when we played with U2 together.

Another band I have to mention are 'The Raconteurs' who put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen! Then it was off to LA for the Hotel Café show. Just when I thought I couldn't meet any more international music stars, Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley was picking up his luggage at the airport! He was very friendly and took time to chat to anyone who approached him.

The show at the Hotel Café that evening was really good fun. I have never played so long on my own before but I was lost in my own little world. The crowd was so responsive that made it a whole lot easier.

Apart from all this we have been doing shows with Pete Yorn (In Portland and Austin). In fact we are in Austin tonight getting ready for soundcheck. I bailed out of the drinking the other night with Pete because I was shattered. But I am up for it tonight to prove to him that we can keep up with the best of them! Oh I must mention my partners in crime for this little jaunt Chris Leslie (Les) and Steve Nice who have been great company for the whole trip.

And another thing! There was a charity show which raised money for 'Gimme Shelter' at The Roxy in LA with myself, The Like and Nickelcreek to name but three. Thanks to everyone who came down it was a great show for a worthy cause.

I think that's it. Go get that Crimbo shopping done!

James

p.s. hello to Ben in Australia. Put another shrimp on the barbie mate!

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
Today is a Gift - That's why it's called the Present
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 79 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search