Autor Beitrag
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 22.12.06, 22:24     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Starsailor Message Board 22-12-2006 'Well how was 2006 for you?'

Zitat: Starsailor
    Hello All,

Well how was 2006 for you?

It's definitely been a fun-packed year for us lot. It's hard to say what was the highlight but meeting The Rolling Stones was definitely up there! One minute they were posing for photos with us and the next they were on stage! A surreal and magnificent moment.

I also finally got to meet Richard Ashcroft the other day at Vernon Kay's leaving party. The Verve were definitely one of the reasons I wanted to be in a band so it was a thrill to get to speak with him.

The Teenage Cancer Trust show was great to be involved in too. We were very pleased that Roger Daltrey found a place for us on the bill at the last moment. We actually went down a night early so we could see Ricky Gervais and a host of other great comedians at the comedy night.

Gig-wise the Marktrock show in Belgium was great. The goodwill of the crowd, the surreal line up (Sugababes, Ice-T and us!) and the fact we were headlining all combined to make it the best gig of the year for me.

Another gig we headlined was The Ripcurl thing in Newquay. In fact most of the festivals we played at night were amazing. We got to add our names to the long list of legends who have graced the stage at The Montreux Festival in Switzerland and of course we always love playing the V Festivals! Getting to spend so much time in France for another year is never a bad thing either!

And just when we thought the year was winding down we ended up finishing the year of in the US. Travelling back and forward no less than 3 times in as many months! Can't complain though we definitely had fun over there.

Turkey, Austria, Portugal, Germany, Holland and Spain we have not forgotten you! We had a good time visiting these places too. How could I forget Scotland! We made a few trips North of the border, which is always fun. Oh and we played with Roger Waters the day England got knocked out of the World Cup so there were a lot of highs and lows on that occasion!

I have compiled below a list of our favourite albums and films this year and also gigs by other artists. Feel free to post your own musings on the year just passed and I wish you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

James

Albums:

The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home (James)
    Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions (James)
    Kasabian - Empire (Stel)
    Josh Rouse - Subtitulo (Ben)
    Gnarls Barkley - St Elsewhere (James)
    The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldier (All Of Us)
    Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat (James)
    Damien Rice - 9 (James and Stel)
    Guillemots - (James and Stel)

Gigs:

The Raconteurs in San Francisco (James)
    Peeping Tom in Manchester (Stel)
    The Flaming Lips in Montreal (Ben)
    Gnarls Barkley in Seattle (James)
    The Rolling Stones in Munich (All Of Us)
    Rufus Wainwright in Barcelona (James)

Films:

The Departed
    The Prestige
    Munich
    Good Night and Good Luck
    Syriana
    Borat
    The Last Kiss
    Babel

There were a few Sporting Highlights too but in the interests of neutrality I wont go into them!

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
Today is a Gift - That's why it's called the Present
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 78 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search