Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.01.07, 16:04     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

From Russia With Love - 22.01.07

Zitat: http://forums.starsailor.net
    What an amazing few weeks we have had!

Firstly we found a great little place near Henley to write and record songs for our next album. We are now in great shape with around 15 songs written but we will continue doing tracks until we are happy we have got the best songs we could possibly write. The last 4 tracks we did are called: 1) Let Go 2) Do You Believe In Love? 3) Won't Stop Now and 4) Change My Mind.

I think we have struck a great balance between our heavier side and our more emotional downbeat side. There are some stompers certainly but also the ballads are back! I can't wait for you to be able to hear some of these songs and we hope to be able to play them live for you in the near future.

Thanks to all the staff in the local pub who kept us fed and watered during the time we spent in Henley and also to Barriemore Barlow (drummer with Jethro Tull!) whose recording/rehearsal space we were using.

We then jetted off pretty much straight from the studio to Moscow for our first ever gig in Russia. We were really well looked after from the moment we stepped off the plane and we left Moscow with some very fond memories.

The promoter took us out for some great sushi (not something I would have thought Moscow was famous for!) and the crowd for the concert sang every word. Alcoholic was the highlight of the set, it being the most well known song in that part of the world although 'This Time' had a great response too.

A special mention also for the support band Blast who took us out to a club the singer owned in Moscow. Thanks to Mandie who came an awful long way to see us. I hope it was worth the journey? The Vodka was certainly flowing and the flight the next day was a bit of a chore, particularly for me who was sick as a dog!

The rest of the band decided to drink through it with hilarious results! I'll spare you the details. I very nearly missed the flight after I got lost the somewhere near the Kremlin the morning we were leaving. With my phone out of battery and very few English speakers I was in a bit of a panic until a kind lady in a near by Japanese restaurant gave me directions back to the hotel.

Many congratulations to our agent John Giddings and his new wife Caroline who got married recently. It was a great honour for myself and Barry to be asked to play at the service.

See You Soon,

James
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 77 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search