VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.04.07, 14:14     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Swiss mountains, snowboarding fans and football legends

Hello All,

Well, its been a pretty hectic few weeks since I last wrote a message. First off, all the best to Barry and Kelly following the birth of baby Joseph. Hope you are all enjoying the first few weeks of family life.

Before the new arrival we managed to record a few more songs down in Henley. We are very happy with the results and once again, some of the songs we recorded could well turn up on the album or as b-sides. For the record, the tracks are currently called
'Rebel Blues', 'Miss You' and 'Here's To The Man'.

After a little break it was off to Zermatt for the unplugged festival. Accompanying us on this latest trip was none other than Mark Collins from The Charlatans. Although he is no stranger to the Starsailor set, it had been a while since we played with him, so we promptly booked a quick rehearsal (round Stel's Mum and Dad's!). Barry stayed at home enjoying some time with the new baby and Ben's magnificent drumming was sadly not in keeping with the semi-acoustic nature of the gig.

Following our arrival at Geneva airport we jumped on the bus (already stocked with beers!) and headed for the Swiss mountains. Many thanks to the organisers of the festival, particularly Heinz, who invited us to his magnificent Chateau and introduced us to none other than Frida from Abba!

That's not all, American songstress Suzanne Vega (who was due to play the following night) came down to the gig and shared a few glasses of champagne with us after the performance.

During the gig we slipped new songs 'Change My Mind' and 'Tell Me It's Not Over' into the set. They seemed to go down really well particularly 'Tell Me It's Not Over'. The reaction to it was even better than when we played 'Four To The Floor' which is a very good sign.

Stel's almighty hangover was soon cured with the excitement of the gig (ah, the healing power of music!). There was a very familiar face in the front row with a camera. We soon realised it was Belgium's biggest Starsailor fan Tina, who had snowboarded over for the gig from the other side of the mountain! (I did not know this was possible).

I will be meeting another legend on Friday (this time from the footballing world) Scottish international Gary McAllister. I am playing a little acoustic gig at Anfield in aid of the Marina Dalglish Appeal and Gary Mac is the guest speaker. The event sold out very quickly, so I am looking forward to playing the prestigious venue and helping a very worthy cause.

See You Soon,

James

==Can you feel it ? Love is here !==

[editiert: 18.04.07, 14:18 von little girl]
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 80 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search