Autor Beitrag
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 04.06.08, 00:56     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Zitat: Starsailor MySpace Blog
    Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What a weekend!

Hello All,

What a weekend! It all started off on Friday with a performance at 'This Feeling' a club night in London that has previously hosted acoustic performances from The Enemy and Kasabian and DJ slots from Oasis and Noel Fielding (Mighty Boosh).

They have been running the night since late 2007 and Friday night was the biggest crowd so far for the acoustic performance (support came from Jersey Budd, Eamonn McNamee and Strawhouses all of whom have MySpace sites worth checking out, see below).

Then on Saturday it was off to the top of the BT tower to judge a battle of the bands competition. The first prize was a coveted place on the bill at the Isle Of Wight festival. After much deliberating me and the rest of the judging panel decided first prize should go to the Scottish band 'We See Lights'. The runners up were 'The Velcros' and 'The Tempus'. Be sure to check out their MySpace sites below too.

Then on Sunday I was invited to perform and do a Q&A at the Oxford Union. It was a great honour to be invited to join the illustrious list of people who have been invited to speak. The list of previous speakers is extremely diverse from the political activist Malcolm X to strange haired comedian/lothario Russell Brand. The person before me was the US secretary of homeland security!

It was a beautiful venue for a gig (the main debating chamber, see below) and it was great to perform at a place so steeped in history. As someone who left college with no A-levels it was the closest I was ever going to get to going to Oxford. It's just a pity they couldn't have given me an honorary degree!

Thanks for your patience, we hope to have some brand new music for you very soon. In the mean time I hope you like the MySpace covers.

James
quelle: http://www.myspace.com/starsailor
direktlink: http://www.myspace.com/starsailor/blog

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 84 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search