BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 17.07.08, 01:01     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Hello All,

Here I am again with another update on what we have been up to recently.
Last Friday me and Les were up in Blackburn for an event in a marquee that Blackburn College had organised.
It was basically a 'champagne breakfast' and awards ceremony to celebrate the end of term and the college's recent success.

Stuart Maconie was the compere (his book 'Cider For Roadies' is brilliant and his show with Mark Radcliffe on Radio 2 is worth a listen)
and I was the musical 'turn'. Despite the unusual circumstances (onstage at 11.30am in a tent in a park in Blackburn after the croissants had been handed out!)
I had a lovely time.

I was pleased with the warm reception I received so I am looking forward to doing a 'proper' gig in Blackburn one day.
I remember seeing The Bluetones at St Georges Hall many moons ago.

The following day it was off to Belgium for a festival near Brugges called 'Cactus Festival'. We were extremely honoured to have been asked to headline the festival.
Earlier on in the day the crowd were treated to sets by the brilliant Tinarewen (I think that's how you spell it!) and the LOUD Dinosaur JNR. After all these afternoon/early
evening festival appearances it was great to take to the stage in the hours of darkness.

We played the longest set we have played in a long time (clocking in at about 1 hour and 25 mins!) and the crowd were great.
After the show we could not leave without sampling the local cherry beers. Thanks to everyone at the festival for your hospitality.

And finally. I attended an event in London last night where the great Peter Shilton was taking part in a penalty competition.
You will be pleased to know I managed to get one past him!

Before I go, here is a picture from our recent show with The Police in Valencia.

See You Soon,

James

P.S. Me and Lisa would like to thank everyone for all your kind wishes following the birth of our son Cillian.

http://www.starsailor.net/*
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 129 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search