BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 25.09.08, 20:38     Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Zitat: starsailor - blog
    What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been!

Hello All,

What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been!

It all started with a charity acoustic performance for The Willow Foundation (who organize special days out for terminally ill young people) in Welwyn Garden City.

Then we flew over to Ireland for the Cois Fharraige Festival where we played before headliners Travis.

After the post-Ireland hangovers had subsided (which took a few days!) me and Les went up to Liverpool for a solo show at the Newz Bar. When it comes to having a good time, Liverpudlians are hard to beat and the gig was highly enjoyable. The set included a rare acoustic airing of 'This Time' and a raft of covers including 'Champagne Supernova' and 'Don't Let Me Down'.

I was also invited on to Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) LA radio show where I played a version of 'Good Souls' with Jonesy on Lead Guitar!

Which brings me to the two highlights of recent times. Firstly there was the show at The Boogaloo in Highgate for Trekstock (Teenage Cancer Trust) where the excellent Jason Manford was compere. Mixmaster Mat Horne dj'd and I had two wonderful backing singers accompanying me. (One of whom is Stevie Lange who has been in the business for many years and has worked with Robbie Williams and Chris Martin on numerous occasions as well as myself).

The venue was absolutely packed and I was glad that everyone had a good time and a lot of money was raised for a very good cause. It's been a little while since this show but I remember it being a cracker!

And on Friday night we realised a long held ambition when we played with a full symphony orchestra in Brussels. The gig was held under the banner 'Stars Of Europe' in aid of UNICEF. Other notable artists appearing were Robyn, Sharleen Spiteri, Air Traffic and legendary disco band Chic, led by Mr Nile Rogers.

In fact at the end of the night a party was held at the hotel to mark Nile's 54th birthday. Somehow Benny Byrne ended up with a face full of cake! A suitably bizarre end to a beautiful night.

Clips are available on YouTube, keywords; Stars Of Europe, Starsailor.

See You Soon,

James
quelle: http://www.myspace.com/starsailor

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 123 von 345
Gehe zu:   
Search