LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
STARSAILOR MESSAGES

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 09.04.05, 15:17  Betreff: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

Am 6.04 hat sich James im MB gemeldet. Aus Amerkika, Los Angeles.
Ich hab eben die genehmigung bekommen es hier zu verlinken und es grob aber richtig zu übersetzen!!!
Hier ist der link zur message:

http://forums.starsailor.net/viewtopic.php?t=5809

Also, die message sagt das Starsailor grad zusammen mit ihrem Producer im Studio sind. Sie arbeiten an den letzten schliffen bevor es ans endgültige aufnehmen geht. sie spielen sich ein, sozusagen und sie hoffen besser zu sein als jemals zuvor.

Ben`s drumming wird wohl als erstes fertig gestellt sein(drummer sind einfach schnell freche anmerkung vom verfasser) und er hat versprochen nicht nur rumzuhängen und bier zu trinken während die anderen arbeiten (grübel, was sonst? noch ne freche anmerkung vom verfasser)
Der erste Track der wohl weitgehend steht heisst 'Counterfeit Life' und Starsailor sind wohl sehr zufrieden damit.
Der nächste song wird wohl 'In my blood' sein. Sie hoffen dass die Studioversion noch besser wird wie Liveversion, den die meisten von uns wohl schon kennen.

Wenn sie nicht gerade im Studio sind gehen sie auf Concerte von anderen bands, z.b. waren sie mit Vernon Kay ( das ist soweit ich weiss, ein radiomacher von bbc) und Tim Burgess ( frontman der Charlatans) bei einem Coldplay Concert und anscheinden waren alle sehr angetan von den neuen songs.

Das war es soweit. sie melden sich wieder :-)

Die extra grüsse von James and Tonny und mich, die hat er wohl in der hektik vergessen. aber mach nix, sie sind trotzdem angekommen, gell tonny

Übrigens, der Mr. Rob Schnapf hat u.a. mit Elliot Smith, Beck, den Foo Fighters und The Vines zusammengearbeitet.

Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.05.05, 21:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

im mb stehen mittlerweile noch einige mehr messages von den seglern, ich hab nur leider grad keine zeit und auch keinen nerv sie zu übersetzen. hoff das ist ok

dort hinten wird's hell
und schwarz wird zu grau wird zu rot wird zu licht
und benommen, verschwommen erkennen was man will
meine welt aufgehoben, meine welt in 3 wörtern erklärt
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.06.05, 15:21  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Boo hat zum IOW fanfragen mitgenommen und die segler haben einiges beantwortet, unter anderem das :

From Paul in Germany: I'm Paul from Germany. We met you in Stuttgart and Berlin 2003. I told you about the bad offical german web page. It's still not better and that's why we create a own page at www.starsailorfanpage.de We just like to know if you have seen this page. If not, you're always very welcome?

James: We will certainly take a look. Sorry about the official one.

Mehr fragen und antworten sind hier:

http://www.goodsouls.org.uk/answers5.html

dort hinten wird's hell

[editiert: 23.06.05, 15:21 von paul_sternensegler]
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 23.06.05, 16:42  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: James
    We will certainly take a look. Sorry about the official one.
..*huch* ..dann muss ich mich aber sputen!! - die neue seite fertigstellen. *hektik verbreit*
brauch noch ein altes, abgewetztes sofa für die startseite!! *grins*
wir wolln's ihnen doch so heimelich wie möglich machen gell!

°° i'm so tired, sheep are counting me °°
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.06.05, 23:01  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ich glaub die segler bringen ihr eigenens sofa mit. wenn ich mich recht erinner war das sofa auf dem wir in stuttgart gesessen identisch mit dem in berlin *grübel* soll es ja geben, gell. ein toursofa oder auch wandersofa!!!

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.10.05, 23:10  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Thanks to everybody who has supported us by buying On The Outside. We've been really happy that you all seem to like it and appreciate your reviews and comments on the messageboard.

We hope to see you on the tour, we can't wait.

Thanks again,
love Starsailor

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.06.06, 00:13  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello All,

James here with the first installment of our festival diary. The summer has got off to a great start. It was great to visit Ankara in Turkey for a show over there. We even had a bit of a kick about with some of the stewards. The first game Turkey won but we restored a bit of pride in the second leg!

We also made our first trip to Portugal which was great. Beautiful weather and a good crowd. We feared the worst when we went on stage and there was hardly anyone there! It soon filled up though and by the end the field was pretty full. It's always good when it starts off a bit quiet and the music draws people in.

The two recent shows in France were the highlight so far though.'In The Crossfire' and of course 'Four to the Floor' have been going down a storm over there. The fifth Starsailor Richard Warren celebrated his birthday over there(I wont tell his age you'll have to ask him yourself!).

With shows in Switzerland, Belgium, France, Spain and of course dear old blighty still to come it's going to be a busy few months. (Apologies if I missed any Countries we are visiting!) One of us will be back soon to give you another update.

Bye For Now

James W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

send you greets from the german fanpage!!!
unfortunately the Tauber Tal Festival was sold out before Starsailor announced :-/ but we hope to see you soon back in Germany!!!

Paul for the German Fanpage

dort hinten wird's hell
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 22.06.06, 16:36  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: Starsailor on MySpace
    Summer diary

Hi All,

Hope you are enjoying the world cup and the good weather. The gig at Kempton Park was fantastic.We weren't sure what to expect having never played at a racecourse before! The crowd made it feel like a proper outdoor show. It reminded me in many ways of our Somerset House gig last year. We have started bumping into our fellow countrymen on our travels in recent weeks. We caught up with Elbow and Hard-Fi in Switzerland. We only spoke to Hard-Fi briefly because they had a flight to catch but Elbow stuck around all day. Guy was telling me that Elbow have taken to doing outdoor pursuits on their days off! He has also started doing a radio show in Manchester and Im sure he will get us in to do an interview at some point. Switzerland is like a second home to us we seem to be fliying into Geneva airport every other weekend! Next up is France and Belfast where I am currently residing. Not too far to stumble home after the show. The cinemagic show in Belfast is another one in a really good location. In Custom House square in town. If the weather holds out it should be a superb night. See You Soon

James

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 28.06.06, 17:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board 27-6-2006
    Zitat: Starsailor
    Hello All,

It's James here. Back to tell you how our summer is going. Some of you may have seen us on ITV4's world cuppa programme. I have to say it was a great laugh. Probably the most relaxed tv we have ever done. Rob Lee was a decent bloke and was quite happy to tell us the characters he liked and disliked in the game. (I'm not telling who he said though!).

Next up was the 'Moutiers' festival in France. It seemed to take an age to get there from Nantes airport and we were amazed how many people had turned out to see us in what was essentially rural France! We were looked after very well and the crowd was once again in fine form. After only an hour's sleep and a lot of travelling we found ourselves in Belfast for the Cinemagic show.

The only downer about this gig was that we had to play a really short set because of curfews etc. This was a real shame because the people who were there were really up for it (thanks all for attending, especially the message board regulars).

Despite having a thrilling summer ahead of us, to play with 'The Rolling Stones' once again will be an obvious highlight I'm sure. We are delighted that they have asked us to play with them for a second time. Hyde Park is calling first though and a show with legendary Floyd member Roger Waters. Now go back to enjoying the world cup and see how many people get sent off in the next match!

James

Gibt es eine bessere Form mit dem Leben fertig zu werden, als mit Liebe und Humor?
Charles Dickens

IAmKloot
little star

New PostErstellt: 02.07.06, 23:31  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

danke...hab ich ja gar nich mitgekriegt dass herr walsh so viele messages geschrieben hatte...!

die weltmeisterschaft...er muss sie lieben....!!

TOO WEIRD TO LIVE BUT TOO RARE TO DIE
(Hunter S. Thompson, 1971)
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 03.07.06, 13:33  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Boad 3-7-2006

Hi Folks,

James here again with another installment of the summer diary. What a week it's been.

Thanks to everyone who made the trip out to Hyde Park to see us. There was a sizeable crowd considering England were being shown on a big screen onsite so we were very happy. Sad to see England out of the world cup to Scolari's Portugal. I was talking to Ian Broudie (Lightening Seeds) who was debating whether to play 3 lions or not due to the result. In the end I think he went for a decidedly downbeat version which had everyone in tears!

Roger Waters put on a brilliant show and Ben and Stel's night was topped off when they bumped into a hero of their's Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Then it was back on the bus for a trip to Belgium.

We thought Hyde Park would take some beating but the gig at Rock Werchter was the most enjoyable show in recent months. The crowd was well up for it despite the blazing heat and every song seemed to go down better and better as the set went on.

Once again while I was in the shower Ben and Stel were meeting Rock Legends. This time it was Robert Plant. It was humbling to know that he watched us from the side of the stage and he told us he really enjoyed the set.

Needless to say after a post gig signing session the majority of the band and crew hot-footed it back to the main stage to watch the Led Zep hero's set.

Our heartfelt thanks to all our Belgian fans who made the festival so special for us.

See You Soon,

James

Gibt es eine bessere Form mit dem Leben fertig zu werden, als mit Liebe und Humor?
Charles Dickens

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 01.08.06, 17:18  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: MySpace-Blog
    Summer Update from James!

Hi Everyone,

I'm kicking myself I didn't do another one of these sooner as there has
    been so much to take in over the past couple of weeks. Ok lets start
    with the most exciting part. Meeting The Rolling Stones! We played our
    first gig in Munich with them where we were put in a dressing room a
    good ten minutes walk from the stadium. We'd no chance of getting
    anywhere near them(or so we thought). Hannover was a different story.
    We had two days off in the city which were spent bowling,eating and
    drinking mostly. We did get a bit of exercise in, playing water polo in
    the pool and riding in a pedalo on the lake. Female fans of Benny Byrne
    will be pleased to know he wore a very fetching pair of superman undies
    for his water polo bouts! Then came the show. The crowd response in
    Hannover was much better than Munich. At times it felt like our own
    show. Then after our set we were ushered down to the stones dressing
    room. Following a pretty anxious wait we were greeted by the four
    legends. Sir Mick said he was a big fan of the band and even bought the
    first album! Keith was pure rock n roll. Charlie was very quiet but no
    less polite and cordial. Ronnie was full of life greeting us with a
    jovial 'How ya doin lads.Everything alright for ya' we did a quick
    picture with them which will definitley be one to show the kids and the
    grandkids and they went straight on stage. As the first chimes of
    'Jumping Jack Flash' echoed around the stadium it suddenly dawned on us
    what a special moment that was. Now all we need is a support slot with
    David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen! That was'nt our only brush with the
    mega famous over the past few weeks. The show in Montreaux was great.
    Another brilliant crowd (which we have come to expect in Switzerland!)
    Unfortunatley we only caught fleeting glimpses of Mr Sting. Rich was on
    cloud nine after meeting his hero Morrissey who ws playing downstairs.
    Summercase in Spain was great fun. The show in Barcelona was the best
    one we have done over there and it was great to hang out with the bands
    afterwards. Among those we shared a beer with were 'The Feeling',
    various members of Razorlight,Mani from the scream and various Happy
    Mondays. One kid from 'The Paddingtons' even said he remembers seeing
    us at Hull uni years ago when he was only fifteen. That made me feel
    pretty old! Rufus Wainwright played a brilliant set and was utterly
    charming when we met him afterwards. Thanks to our small but loyal band
    of Swedish fans. We played our first gig over there for a number of
    years in Ostersund. Hope you enjoyed it and we'll try not to leave it
    quite so long next time!
    See You Soon
    James

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 01.08.06, 20:07  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: creepy*
    Another brilliant crowd (which we have come to expect in Switzerland!)...
...na dann muss ich sie in der Schweiz einfach mal 'erwischen'

Heimat ist kein Ort
Heimat ist ein Gefühl
(Herbert Grönemeyer)
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 07.09.06, 21:11  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board - Summer Update Part 6 / 16 - 08 - 2006

Hi Folks,

Another exciting week and another milestone in the history of Starsailor. The biggest headline gig to date. Last night we played in front of 15,000 people at the Marktrock festival in Belgium. The festival was situated in Leuven (home of Stella Artois!) in the town square. Despite this being the home of strong lager we all managed to keep a lid on it until after the show!

The line up was a complete mixed bag Ice-T and Bodycount was on in the afternoon and the Sugababes were on before us! Amazingly the crowd loved it all. I have to say the Sugababes put on a great show and all their voices were top notch. They saved the best till last of course with the magnificent 'Push The Button'. They were very kind about us too, mentioning something about the 'fabulous' Starsailor.

Most pop music makes me want to be sick but when it's good it really puts a smile on my face. Before we knew it, it was time for us to go on. You know it's going to be a great gig when there is a huge roar when you step on the stage before you have even played a note. By the end the crowd were going mad. Thanks once again Belgium for being such passionate music lovers.

The gig in Germany a couple of nights before did not quite hit those dizzy heights but it was none the less a good show. Germany will of course hold a special place in our hearts too though being the place where we met the stones! Now I cant wait for our gigs in Edinburgh and of course the V festivals.

I hope you are all in good voice for V, the Belgians are currently in top spot for crowd of the summer closely followed by the French. To all you Scots and English out there, the gauntlet has been thrown down! I'm off to pack for our mammoth American tour, hope all the US is ready for us.

From James
Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 1
25 - 08 - 2006

Hello All,

James here writing to you from our hotel in New York City. We have been in New York for a couple of days now.

Thanks to everyone who came down to the in-store at virgin last night. It was great to see a couple of familiar faces. We have been away for a while so we were not sure what to expect.

We have been spending quite a bit of time visiting all the people who are working on the record in the US (publishing, press, record company etc.) this is actually more fun than it sounds. Everyone involved seems to genuinely like the band which is the main thing.

I think we are going to head to a baseball game tonight. I will keep an open mind I promise! It's just the length of time they play for which puts me off. Having people walk round with hot dogs and beers is not going to help my diet much either is it. I guess I could do an extra hour in the gym!

Sorry to hear about Tom from Keane's recent problems. Keane supported us in Germany a few years ago and have always seemed like really decent blokes. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks to all the fans back home for making V such a special gig for us. It was a fitting end to our European Tour. We thought Stafford was great but I think the weather, the crowd and the fact that we were a little bit more confident made Chelmsford one of the highlights of the summer.

Let's not forget the crowd in the Virgin tent for my acoustic performance. It was nerve wracking going on before Rufus Wainwright but you were all great.

Hope you enjoyed the new song I played in Edinburgh, I'm really proud of it. When the old songs mean so much to people (especially on this site) it's always hard to write stuff which lives up to it.

I'll be back soon with an update from the west coast.

Bye For Now,

James
Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 2
07 -09 - 2006

Hi Folks,

Hello from the USA. Things are going great out here. Both the Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel shows went really well. Rich was very excited about Tommy Lee being on the Kimmel show. He was a boyhood Crue fan!

Jay Leno stopped by the dressing room to say hello and welcome back which was cool of him. We paid a visit to Yahoo!, KCRW and Napster to record sessions and also performed an acoustic set at the Viper Room (photo below). I dj'd at a club called 'Cinespace' in LA which was fun. I was not aware that it was a hip hop/80's night though. Two genres of music I have little knowledge of! Thankfully a little Beyonce and Amerie goes a long way. Thank goodness for Gnarls Barkely too, I played at least two songs from that album.

It was great to be back at KCRW again, a station that has supported us throughout the years. Nic Harcourt has great taste in music and it's amazing how many big names he has managed to coax down to their little studio in Santa Monica. If you are based out in the States you might have noticed 'In The Crossfire' is being used in an ad for the crime series 'Cold Case'.

So all in all our trip to LA was a successful one. We are looking forward to going back for the shows at The Troubadour. After the sun of LA it was off to rainy Montreal. Montreal is a beautiful city and it was great to spend some time there. The festival was good despite the weather. We were on early so it was not packed but the enthusiasm of the crowd made up for it. Headlining the festival were 'The Flaming Lips' who were outstanding as usual.

After Montreal it was off to Ottawa. The fans we met afterwards seemed so excited about us being in town. The crowd were singing along all the way through the gig. It seemed to take an age to get back through immigration into America so we were relieved when we woke up off the bus to find ourselves in Boston.

The day off was spent sampling the local seafood, visiting the 'Cheers' bar (which looks nothing like the Hollywood set!) and shopping in Copley Plaza. So that brings you bang up to date. Here we are in the 'Paradise Club' waiting to get on stage.

See You Soon,

James

p.s. Don't forget to check out Rich's video diary on YouTube to get some moving images to match my words.

[editiert: 07.09.06, 22:25 von Tonny]
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 07.09.06, 23:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Das diary ist toll!!! :-)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MdZ-yTZ1eQ

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw8YLSU8HsI

dort hinten wird's hell

[editiert: 07.09.06, 23:18 von paul_sternensegler]
Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 08.09.06, 00:32  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Sehr schön immer wieder gucken muss :-)
Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 13.09.06, 22:54  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hab grad alle 3 Teile geguckt (American Tour Diary 2006 auf youtube) sehr schön!!

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BjOg2dz5Uc

Heimat ist kein Ort
Heimat ist ein Gefühl
(Herbert Grönemeyer)
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 17.09.06, 11:35  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=332Cb7Bcq_0

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery,
Today is a Gift - That's why it's called the Present
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.09.06, 23:22  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 3
18 - 09 - 2006

Hello All

Our voyage into America continues. The show in Philly was really good. There was an afternoon show and a gig in the evening which took it out of us a bit. It was a great venue and the crowd were really enthusiastic. I actually got to see a bit of the city too.

Some of the band made a pilgrimage to the Rocky Steps while I spent some of the day by the harbour with my family. The V festival in Toronto was certainly an experience. We had to get boats over to the island. Ours nearly sank! Once on dry land we were able to catch a bit of David Ford's set. Some of you may remember him from the British tour. The line-up for the festival was superb. Gnarls Barkely, Phoenix and The Flaming Lips to name but three.

After Toronto it was back on the Bus and on to New York. It was good to have a day off in the big apple which for me was spent checking out new computers. I also made it to Trump Tower and The Rockerfeller Centre. Trump Tower was very 70's looking inside. Incidentally why is New York called 'The Big Apple'?

No offence to the rest but New York was the best show of the tour so far. Playing on 9/11 we were not sure how the crowd would be. This is understandably an emotional day for New Yorkers. We needn't have worried. The audience sang along to every word. I decided to start 'Silence Is Easy' with a little bit of 'Don't Let Me Down' which went down a treat.

It was also the first sold-out show of the tour so thanks to everyone who made it down to the gig. Next up was Washington. The 9:30 club brought back memories of our tour with The Charlatans. The antics have been decidedly tame so far compared to what went on on that tour. Needless to say there was not a lot of sleeping went on amongst certain members of the touring party back then!

The gig was inevitably a bit of a comedown from New York but we still really enjoyed ourselves. Our day off in Charlotte can definitely be filed under crazy. I went to meet Les in a local Irish bar called Connellys and he had managed to get the bar man to play 'On The Outside' on a loop. He had also invited half the bar down to the gig! It didn't take him long to become a hero and the bar man kindly got us a couple of rounds on the house. Rich and Les apparently ended up in some millionaire's lake house! Needless to say they remember nothing about it!

I went down to the local radio station (W.E.N.D) on the day of the show. They invited loads of people down to sit in on the session which was cool. Les is going through all these bits of paper trying to get his guest list together for the show tonight!

Thats All Folks!

James

anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 19.09.06, 09:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: www.myspace.com/starsailor
    The World Cafe will be broadcasting the Starsailor session on Thursday, September 28th 2006. The World Cafe with David Dye can be heard on more than 180 stations nationwide. Find your local station by going to their website: http://worldcafe.org or you can listen online to XPN Monday to Friday at 2pm EST: http://www.xpn.org/listen.php

Late in the day of broadcast, the audio for some of the musical performances will be available on the National Public Radio, NPR, http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4724307

Listen Live at www.xpn.org

WXPN 88.5FM Philadelphia WXPH 88.1FM Harrisburg

WKHS 90.5FM Worton/Baltimore 104.9FM in the Lehigh Valley
Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 19.09.06, 14:08  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

habe mir four to the floor bei http://myspace.com/starsailor runtergeladen...

coole live Nummer
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.09.06, 23:29  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2HENKuD718

part 5

ganz toll :-)

und Starsailor mögen Dillinger und JOSEPH ARTHUR :-)

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.09.06, 23:48  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

bin immer noch ganz platt, Starsailor mit Joseph Arthur zusammen auf der bühne. ein paul traum!!!!

dort hinten wird's hell
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 01.10.06, 19:36  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=athJkx9db60

Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 02.10.06, 09:53  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

vielleicht wird ja dieses wundervolle Material uf DVD erscheinen
ne Live DVD & dit janze so als Boni...
hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 02.10.06, 10:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: andré
    vielleicht wird ja dieses wundervolle Material uf DVD erscheinen
    ne Live DVD & dit janze so als Boni...
Oh ja, das wär schööön ...
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 03.10.06, 20:41  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 4
25 - 09 - 2006

Hello All,

Here we are in the U.S as we reach the halfway point of our tour. The turnout at Charlotte was slightly disappointing but the crowd that was there seemed to love every minute. Normal service was resumed for Atlanta which was an absolutely storming gig. The crowd whooped and cheered through every song. I decided to throw in the Kelis/Outkast song 'Millionaire' into the mix because Outkast are an Atlanta band.

What made the gig even more memorable was the fact that there was a 'prog metal' convention going on downstairs. Let me just say there was a lot of leather and finger tapping (a guitar technique favoured by metal heads) going on. We managed to sneak into one of the shows it was absolutely hilarious! (apologies 'prog metal' fans).

Then it was off to Nashville 'Music City'. It was great to visit the 'Country Music Hall Of Fame'. People forget that 'Country Music' although much maligned has contributed some of the greatest artists of all time. Gram Parsons, Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash all have memorabilia housed here.

The show that evening was superb. It was a rather unusual set up with a number of people sat at tables eating! They soon rose to their feet and I was even moved to include the stones 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' and our own 'Lullaby' which were not in the original set.

The Varsity in Minneapolis was a beautiful venue. An old vaudeville theatre I believe. It was another city with a rich musical heritage. Bob Dylan's first flat is situated down the road from the venue! It is said that 'Positively 4th Street' is written about a Minneapolis street. Dylanoligists is this correct?

Denver was cool. 'Brother Man Dude' finally made it into the country! I think this was definitely the drunkest crowd we have had on the tour so far. Some interesting dance moves were on display! The gig at 'Salt Lake City' was another cracker. The people who came down were so warm and friendly. It's great when you go somewhere slightly off the beaten track and the kids are really happy you came.

Let me tell you something about our bus. It is fully equipped with Satellite T.V so we can keep up to date with goings on in the prem. I am definitely the messiest person with clothes and DVDs strewn everywhere (closely followed by Stel). I am also the cleanest. I have a shower after every gig. Some who shall remain nameless have not changed their jeans for the whole tour!

Ben has been the drunkest! Who else would be playing 'Flash Gordon' at 4 in the morning. The closest we have got to a fight is the odd argument about who's ipod gets plugged into the stereo! Our driver is a lovely bloke from Seattle called Gordon. Our Tour Manager is a lovely bloke from Manchester called Chris (who farts constantly and supports City passionately). Liverpool born Walter is doing a great job with the sound. (This is not always easy as the venues have differed wildly in sound and the equipment available.) Oh and Hamish and Les need no introduction! Needless to say it would not be half as much fun without them!

Bye for now!

James
Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor's Summer Updates ~ Stateside Part 5
03 - 10 - 2006

Hello All,
    So here we are getting ready to go back home. A lot has happened since I last posted. Vancouver was a blast. I had some family down at the show and they really enjoyed themselves. Next up was Seattle. Another city with a rich musical heritage. We were playing at the 'Crocodile Cafe'. Peter Buck's wife owns the place and according to reports Mr Buck turned up to see us!

Then it was on to the Doug Fir Lounge in Portland. This was the only gig of the tour that was part of the hotel. The venue was beautiful it reminded me of a chateau somewhere in the alps.

The next date was San Francisco. Me and Ben visited the worst waxworks museum in the world. It was worth the admission price for comedy value alone. The models looked nothing like who they were supposed to be! Bad waxworks museums aside, San Francisco is a great city. The venue was an old music hall which made for a very enjoyable show. The city still has a real Bohemian vibe to it and the people really let themselves go when they go to a gig.

It also attracts a lot of tourists and I detected many British accents shouting stuff from the crowd. The following morning we arrived at The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Billy Bob Thornton was on the show and he took the time to stop by the dressing room and said hello. He mostly talked about playing with his band in Liverpool at the cavern club.

Then we went back to The Troubadour in LA. A place where we have played and watched many a gig. Loads of bands have broke in America by playing here. Thanks a lot to Ed Harcourt who got up on stage to do 'Ring Of Fire' with me. This time we did two sold-out shows! We had to keep a bit of a lid on the post gig drinking activities after the first gig but we soon made up for it after the second. Does anyone know any good hangover cures, I was totally wiped out all of Sunday!

Sincere thanks to the crowd who made both gigs really special. The House Of Blues San Diego is the last gig of the tour. It seems like a cool place to play a show. I'm sat in the dressing room right now reminiscing about the great times we have had on the tour. Thanks a lot to Peter Walker and Brother Man Dude for providing support for the tour. We are hoping to come back to the US very soon. Don't worry UK fans we hope to have a few shows lined up back home before the end of the year.

Check out Rich's regular diaries on YouTube, he will continue to post when we get back so you can get the whole story of the tour!

See You Soon

James

Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.10.06, 00:46  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 7)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0C8bY_KTeY

[editiert: 11.10.06, 00:47 von Tonny]
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 16.10.06, 09:30  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED2MG3tuLOA
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 10:16  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

James on the radio!

James will be on the air around noon eastern time today 10/18 in columbus. You can listen at http://www.cd101.com.

..es besteht auch die Möglichkeit , per email vorher Fragen zu formulieren, die dann James vorgetragen werden !
zeitzonenmäßig dürfte colombus, new yorker zeit sein ...
ergo : wenns dort 12uhr ist ists bei uns 18uhr! ;)
also gucken wa mal obs um 6 was zu hören gibt !! :)

==Can you feel it ? Love is here !==

[editiert: 18.10.06, 11:19 von little girl]
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 12:01  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

wahh!! cool!!

danke little.
ich werds nicht hören können..

..das wär doch der hammer - ne frage aus germany
die werden bestimmt nur live entgegen genommen oder?
wäre doch cool - nen gruß vom german fanforum an dei segler nach amiland..

..hätte eventül der paul zeit? (!) *liebguck*

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 14:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

hat er eigentlich nicht. bin eigentlich gerade in ner konferenz aber egal!!! komm nur leider nicht über den browser hier an die mail adresse. kann mir die bitte wer, MÖGLICHST SCHNELL, schicken???

als pm wenn es geht!!!

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 14:49  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello Starsailor :-)

Greets and big hugs from the german fanpage.

Hope to see you in Germany soon again!!!
Do you think there`s a chance to make it real? ;-)

We wish you a good time in the States. Enjoy it!!!

Paul for www.starsailorfanpage.de MessageBoard

ich werd es nicht hören können. vielleicht schafft es jemand von euch!?
knuddel und bis denn :-)

dort hinten wird's hell
bebe
young star

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 18:04  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Ich versuchs aufzunehmen, vielleicht klappts... hab jetzt in letzter Sekunde noch die nötige Software besorgt, hatte keine Zeit zu testen...

"Und wenns nicht rockt, dann isses fuern Arsch!"
(c) Sarah Kuttner
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 18:10  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

... schon 6e durch !! ... warum kommt noch nix ??

little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 18:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

bei mir ist die seite zusammengefallen und geht nicht mehr auf !!

... ach rutscht mir doch den Buckel nuff !! ..geh jetzt nach haus !!
..hab ja schöne CD's und DVD's bekommen , die wollen noch erobert werden !!

[editiert: 18.10.06, 18:31 von little girl]
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 18:46  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Bei mir geht es auch nicht
(und hier auch nicht ; http://forums.starsailor.mu/viewtopic.php?t=7466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 )

[editiert: 18.10.06, 18:48 von Tonny]
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 19:23  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Bei mir gings auch nicht.. mir hats dann auch noch die Wireless Lan Software zerschossen, als ich das Fenster geöffnet habe..
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 19:31  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

..sehr merkwürdig !! ... bis 18.07 uhr ging es noch ohne mucken !!
und auch tagsüber ..immer mal wieder reingehört !!

bebe
young star

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 19:36  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Bei mir hats gefunzt ... Ich habs aufgenommen, es rauscht megamaessig, versuch das grad zu entfernen, dann werd ichs irgedwo online-stellen :)

(c) Sarah Kuttner
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 19:41  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

.. na wenigstens bei dir hats gefunzt !!! ... und ist die frage vom paul durchgestellt worden ??

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 21:22  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

hat wohl bei niemanden geklappt nur bebe hatte wohl glück :-)

@bebe wär toll wenn du deine aufnahme irgendwo bereitstellen könntest. die fans hier und die fans vom englischen message board würden dir die füsse küssen ;-)

halb europa wartet auf die anworten der segler!!! dumm gelaufen oder vielleicht war doch der zugriff so gross dass die page zusammengebrochen ist?

dort hinten wird's hell
bebe
young star

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 22:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Irgendwie is das immer noch nicht mal irgendwie rauschfrei... ich werds morgen am abend noch mal versuchen, sonst stell ichs so online, aber jetzt muss ich ins bett, ich muss um halb 5 schon wieder auf und bin schon seit halb 5 auf und somit saumuede :)

(c) Sarah Kuttner
bebe
young star

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 22:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

aehm und nein, pauls frage wurde leider nicht gefragt...

(c) Sarah Kuttner
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 22:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

.. wünsch dir ne erholsame nacht bebe !! schlaf gut !!

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.10.06, 23:30  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

danke bebe :-)

wär toll wenn es klappt. egal wie die qualität ist aber es würden sich sicher einige leute sehr freuen!!!

dort hinten wird's hell
bebe
young star

New PostErstellt: 19.10.06, 19:00  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Ich habs leider nicht geschafft, das rauschen zu entfernen, aber den james hoert man sehr gut - zumindest wenn er redet, er redet ja eh immer so leise ;)

Hier mal der Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=PNGG4QQH

(c) Sarah Kuttner
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 19.10.06, 19:09  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Vielen Dank, bebe - lädt schon..!
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 19.10.06, 22:49  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Neuer Versuch, diesmal leider ohne Fragestunde :

Zitat: myspace bulletin
    James will be performing acoustically on the air at WTTS in Indy this Friday
    10/20 around 7amPST. You can check it out on www.wttsfm.com.
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 19.10.06, 23:34  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

danke Bebe :-)
hab den link weitergereicht.

dort hinten wird's hell
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.11.06, 20:55  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board - Starsailor Stateside update from the Blunt tour ~ Part 1
08 - 11 - 2006

Hello All,

Hi, it's James here again. Just thought it was about time I told you what we were up to at the moment.

As many of you will know, we are currently back in the States with Mr James Blunt. I have to say James, his band and his crew have all been very good to us so far on the tour. Although the last tour was a lot of fun, it's great to play venues with clean showers!

We have even found the time for the odd kick about. James's drummer Karl set up a game for us against these Detroit Soccer coaches (that's football as we know it!). We put up a pretty respectable showing, losing 8-7 or something. Next up is Starsailor/Blunt vs The Robbie Williams Allstars. Thankfully my wife Lisa is coming over so I can get out of it! I have a feeling this game might get a little heated!

The Halloween party was good fun too. Ben got hold of a mullet wig and was transformed into his alter-ego Doug Flange!

Another source of amusement on the tour is Les's apparent likeness to James Blunt. Believe it or not he has been mistakenly asked for autographs on a number of occasions.

Thanks to everyone who has been attending the signings at the gigs. We seem to be going down very well with James's crowd. Hello to everyone who has discovered Starsailor on this tour, thanks for buying the album and welcome to our world!

See You Soon,

James
Foto's - - - - > > > > http://forums.starsailor.net/viewtopic.php?t=7487

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.11.06, 22:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

klingt sehr gut. freut mich sehr für sie :-) passt wohl doch ganz gut. james und james ;-)

dort hinten wird's hell
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.11.06, 23:01  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board 21 - 11 - 2007

Finally back on home soil!

Hello All,

So here we are finally back on home soil.

We had a great time in the US finishing up in the glamorous city of Las Vegas. Stel was both the luckiest and unluckiest member of the band when it came to gambling. He managed to win around $1200! (Then lose most of it very quickly!).

The audience at the Hard Rock were great. I think it's easier to create an atmosphere in the more intimate venues. However there were a few occasions where the Arena gigs were amazing. I think particularly in the lesser known places of America they don't get many bands coming through. So people would be queued round the block before doors. Which was great for us being the opening band playing to a full and captive audience.

It's always a funny feeling when you come back. In some ways it's like you've been away for ages but in other ways it's just like you nipped down the road for a bit. Next on the agenda is some new songs. We are going down to London to record some demos for the next album. We are hoping to start recording the album early next year. (As soon as we have got over our Christmas hangovers!). I know some of you have missed us and we thank you for the kind messages. America has had to wait a long time for us to get over so I think it's only fair they got their share.

Of course there are a number of places we didn't get to this year which we are really sorry about. We will try to make amends next time a tour is announced. I'm thinking of doing like an end of year message around Christmas time with all the highlights of the year. Maybe you could start a thread on the message board towards the end of the year with your own highlights (Starsailor related or otherwise).

I'll be back with a Christmas message but in the meantime my advice is get your shopping done asap. Then you can relax and enjoy yourself.

All The Best

James

Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 25.11.06, 01:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 9)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_imhRDaVQ
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 30.11.06, 22:42  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlws54w1zOE

little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 04.12.06, 12:42  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

This week's James solo shows!

12/07/2006 08:00 PM Seattle, US James plays at 107.7 The End pre-show party http://www.1077theend.com/

12/08/2006 05:00 PM - Apple Store in-store acoustic performance at 5pm. Apple, One Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 Tel. (415) 392-0202

12/08/2006 08:00 PM - Mighty San Francisco, US James plays at live 105 after show w/ lily allen http://mighty119.com/

12/10/2006 08:00 PM - The Hotel Café James solo Los Angeles, US
Description: http://www.hotelcafe.com/

IAmKloot
little star

New PostErstellt: 04.12.06, 18:56  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

der arme arme james

TOO WEIRD TO LIVE BUT TOO RARE TO DIE
(Hunter S. Thompson, 1971)
Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 08.12.06, 00:50  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor - American Tour Diary 2006 (part 10)
sooo toll...

da bekomm ick richtig lust uf mehr LOVE IS HERE
Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.12.06, 08:37  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

James Walsh acoustic show live at the Apple Store in San Francisco. 12/08/2006

This Time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hXwUrxFj4

In The Crossfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prQ4xaoxxwE

Four To The Flour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRdMs1lsBgU

Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 14.12.06, 22:25  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

James Walsh "The little acoustic tour was a blast!"

Hi All

I know I said my next message would be a Christmas one, but the little acoustic tour turned out to be a blast. First there was the radio station show in Seattle which included myself, Snow Patrol, Pete Yorn and the local transvestite entertainer Candice Derriere (who incidentally is a truck driver by day!).

Then it was onto San Francisco for another radio station show, this time an aftershow with Lily Allen. The crowd was superb. I'm always worried going on late at night at a club, what sort of response I will get, but this place was really cool. Miss Allen closed proceedings with a brilliant set of urban tales which she has become so famous for. Oh, I forgot to mention I was hanging out with Brandon Flowers before their set and I was pleased he remembered me from when we played with U2 together.

Another band I have to mention are 'The Raconteurs' who put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen! Then it was off to LA for the Hotel Café show. Just when I thought I couldn't meet any more international music stars, Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley was picking up his luggage at the airport! He was very friendly and took time to chat to anyone who approached him.

The show at the Hotel Café that evening was really good fun. I have never played so long on my own before but I was lost in my own little world. The crowd was so responsive that made it a whole lot easier.

Apart from all this we have been doing shows with Pete Yorn (In Portland and Austin). In fact we are in Austin tonight getting ready for soundcheck. I bailed out of the drinking the other night with Pete because I was shattered. But I am up for it tonight to prove to him that we can keep up with the best of them! Oh I must mention my partners in crime for this little jaunt Chris Leslie (Les) and Steve Nice who have been great company for the whole trip.

And another thing! There was a charity show which raised money for 'Gimme Shelter' at The Roxy in LA with myself, The Like and Nickelcreek to name but three. Thanks to everyone who came down it was a great show for a worthy cause.

I think that's it. Go get that Crimbo shopping done!

James

p.s. hello to Ben in Australia. Put another shrimp on the barbie mate!

Tonny
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 22.12.06, 22:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Message Board 22-12-2006 'Well how was 2006 for you?'

Hello All,

Well how was 2006 for you?

It's definitely been a fun-packed year for us lot. It's hard to say what was the highlight but meeting The Rolling Stones was definitely up there! One minute they were posing for photos with us and the next they were on stage! A surreal and magnificent moment.

I also finally got to meet Richard Ashcroft the other day at Vernon Kay's leaving party. The Verve were definitely one of the reasons I wanted to be in a band so it was a thrill to get to speak with him.

The Teenage Cancer Trust show was great to be involved in too. We were very pleased that Roger Daltrey found a place for us on the bill at the last moment. We actually went down a night early so we could see Ricky Gervais and a host of other great comedians at the comedy night.

Gig-wise the Marktrock show in Belgium was great. The goodwill of the crowd, the surreal line up (Sugababes, Ice-T and us!) and the fact we were headlining all combined to make it the best gig of the year for me.

Another gig we headlined was The Ripcurl thing in Newquay. In fact most of the festivals we played at night were amazing. We got to add our names to the long list of legends who have graced the stage at The Montreux Festival in Switzerland and of course we always love playing the V Festivals! Getting to spend so much time in France for another year is never a bad thing either!

And just when we thought the year was winding down we ended up finishing the year of in the US. Travelling back and forward no less than 3 times in as many months! Can't complain though we definitely had fun over there.

Turkey, Austria, Portugal, Germany, Holland and Spain we have not forgotten you! We had a good time visiting these places too. How could I forget Scotland! We made a few trips North of the border, which is always fun. Oh and we played with Roger Waters the day England got knocked out of the World Cup so there were a lot of highs and lows on that occasion!

I have compiled below a list of our favourite albums and films this year and also gigs by other artists. Feel free to post your own musings on the year just passed and I wish you all a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

James

Albums:

The Feeling - Twelve Stops and Home (James)
    Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions (James)
    Kasabian - Empire (Stel)
    Josh Rouse - Subtitulo (Ben)
    Gnarls Barkley - St Elsewhere (James)
    The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldier (All Of Us)
    Jenny Lewis and The Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat (James)
    Damien Rice - 9 (James and Stel)
    Guillemots - (James and Stel)

Gigs:

The Raconteurs in San Francisco (James)
    Peeping Tom in Manchester (Stel)
    The Flaming Lips in Montreal (Ben)
    Gnarls Barkley in Seattle (James)
    The Rolling Stones in Munich (All Of Us)
    Rufus Wainwright in Barcelona (James)

Films:

The Departed
    The Prestige
    Munich
    Good Night and Good Luck
    Syriana
    Borat
    The Last Kiss
    Babel

There were a few Sporting Highlights too but in the interests of neutrality I wont go into them!

anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.01.07, 16:04  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

From Russia With Love - 22.01.07

Zitat: http://forums.starsailor.net
    What an amazing few weeks we have had!

Firstly we found a great little place near Henley to write and record songs for our next album. We are now in great shape with around 15 songs written but we will continue doing tracks until we are happy we have got the best songs we could possibly write. The last 4 tracks we did are called: 1) Let Go 2) Do You Believe In Love? 3) Won't Stop Now and 4) Change My Mind.

I think we have struck a great balance between our heavier side and our more emotional downbeat side. There are some stompers certainly but also the ballads are back! I can't wait for you to be able to hear some of these songs and we hope to be able to play them live for you in the near future.

Thanks to all the staff in the local pub who kept us fed and watered during the time we spent in Henley and also to Barriemore Barlow (drummer with Jethro Tull!) whose recording/rehearsal space we were using.

We then jetted off pretty much straight from the studio to Moscow for our first ever gig in Russia. We were really well looked after from the moment we stepped off the plane and we left Moscow with some very fond memories.

The promoter took us out for some great sushi (not something I would have thought Moscow was famous for!) and the crowd for the concert sang every word. Alcoholic was the highlight of the set, it being the most well known song in that part of the world although 'This Time' had a great response too.

A special mention also for the support band Blast who took us out to a club the singer owned in Moscow. Thanks to Mandie who came an awful long way to see us. I hope it was worth the journey? The Vodka was certainly flowing and the flight the next day was a bit of a chore, particularly for me who was sick as a dog!

The rest of the band decided to drink through it with hilarious results! I'll spare you the details. I very nearly missed the flight after I got lost the somewhere near the Kremlin the morning we were leaving. With my phone out of battery and very few English speakers I was in a bit of a panic until a kind lady in a near by Japanese restaurant gave me directions back to the hotel.

Many congratulations to our agent John Giddings and his new wife Caroline who got married recently. It was a great honour for myself and Barry to be asked to play at the service.

See You Soon,

James
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 24.01.07, 13:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

oooh man ..ich kanns kaum abwarten neue takte von ihnen zu hören !!

..darauf trink ich doch grad mal nen Wodka ..

fabelhaft
silence star

New PostErstellt: 08.02.07, 02:10  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

und ich erst...

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.07, 22:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

nicht mehr soooo lang

dort hinten wird's hell
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 10.03.07, 21:20  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi All,

While I have a bit of time on my hands I thought I would let you all know what has been going on recently in the world of Starsailor. We have completed another set of demos in Henley which produced 3 new songs. The one which everyone is raving about is called 'Lights Out' or 'Tell Me It's Not Over' (we haven't decided yet!). It's got a massive drum beat, reminiscent of 'Doves' and 'U2'. Another couple of these and we will have a truly great album.

I had a great time in Barcelona where I went to watch Liverpool play in the Champions League. It was particularly pleasing to find we were staying in the team hotel when we arrived! They were on their way over to the Nou Camp but I managed a quick word with Jamie Carragher and wished him well for the game. Later on in the evening we enjoyed a pint with Peter Crouch and Jamie Carragher's Dads who were over for the game with various members of 'The Coral'.

This week was 'Bring Your Dad to Nursery Week' although a little daunted by the prospect of a class full of unruly four year olds, I was asked to bring my guitar down and play a couple of songs. I played 'Yellow Submarine' and 'Octopus's Garden' introducing a new generation to 'The Beatles'.

This time next week I will be on my way over to the States to play SXSW. I will of course keep you up to date. I may even write a nightly report but that depends how exciting it is. Maybe I will just give you the edited highlights at the end.

So what about the rest of them? Well Barry is getting nervous and excited, as his wife Kelly is about to give birth. Ben is planning his wedding (to Kate) and looking after his property portfolio and Stel is enjoying some time at home with his family.

Catch up soon,

James

[editiert: 10.03.07, 21:24 von little girl]
hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.03.07, 00:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

das Album wird ... ja, es wird ... schön, sehr sehr schön ist das ...

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 11.03.07, 00:46  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: little girl
    Hi All,

...We have completed another set of demos in Henley which produced 3 new songs. The one which everyone is raving about is called 'Lights Out' or 'Tell Me It's Not Over' (we haven't decided yet!). It's got a massive drum beat, reminiscent of 'Doves' and 'U2'. Another couple of these and we will have a truly great album.
macht einen ganz hibbelig gell..

hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.03.07, 00:50  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

UND WIE!!!

little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.04.07, 14:14  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Swiss mountains, snowboarding fans and football legends

Hello All,

Well, its been a pretty hectic few weeks since I last wrote a message. First off, all the best to Barry and Kelly following the birth of baby Joseph. Hope you are all enjoying the first few weeks of family life.

Before the new arrival we managed to record a few more songs down in Henley. We are very happy with the results and once again, some of the songs we recorded could well turn up on the album or as b-sides. For the record, the tracks are currently called
'Rebel Blues', 'Miss You' and 'Here's To The Man'.

After a little break it was off to Zermatt for the unplugged festival. Accompanying us on this latest trip was none other than Mark Collins from The Charlatans. Although he is no stranger to the Starsailor set, it had been a while since we played with him, so we promptly booked a quick rehearsal (round Stel's Mum and Dad's!). Barry stayed at home enjoying some time with the new baby and Ben's magnificent drumming was sadly not in keeping with the semi-acoustic nature of the gig.

Following our arrival at Geneva airport we jumped on the bus (already stocked with beers!) and headed for the Swiss mountains. Many thanks to the organisers of the festival, particularly Heinz, who invited us to his magnificent Chateau and introduced us to none other than Frida from Abba!

That's not all, American songstress Suzanne Vega (who was due to play the following night) came down to the gig and shared a few glasses of champagne with us after the performance.

During the gig we slipped new songs 'Change My Mind' and 'Tell Me It's Not Over' into the set. They seemed to go down really well particularly 'Tell Me It's Not Over'. The reaction to it was even better than when we played 'Four To The Floor' which is a very good sign.

Stel's almighty hangover was soon cured with the excitement of the gig (ah, the healing power of music!). There was a very familiar face in the front row with a camera. We soon realised it was Belgium's biggest Starsailor fan Tina, who had snowboarded over for the gig from the other side of the mountain! (I did not know this was possible).

I will be meeting another legend on Friday (this time from the footballing world) Scottish international Gary McAllister. I am playing a little acoustic gig at Anfield in aid of the Marina Dalglish Appeal and Gary Mac is the guest speaker. The event sold out very quickly, so I am looking forward to playing the prestigious venue and helping a very worthy cause.

See You Soon,

James

[editiert: 18.04.07, 14:18 von little girl]
hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 18.04.07, 14:30  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Danke Little,

das liest sich sehr sehr schön ...

... und ich kann es kaum noch erwarten, endlich wieder was Neues von den Seglern zu hören und zu sehen.

Hoffentlich machen sie es ähnlich wie Travis, die im Vorfeld der jetzt kurz bevorstehenden Veröffentlichung des neuen Albums und der neuen Single auf ihrer Spacebase einige neue Lieder (in voller Länge!) zum Anhören und das Video der ersten Single zum Anschauen eingestellt haben.

[editiert: 18.04.07, 14:30 von hank06]
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.05.07, 19:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Water skiing to work off the Guinness

Hello All,

First of all, I am really sorry we will not be able to take part in the Maxidrome festival in Russia. We were all looking forward to seeing another part of Russia after our successful trip to Moscow. This is an extremely frustrating time for a man whose bass guitar is basically an extension of his body! I'm sure you join me in wishing Stel a speedy recovery. Hopefully we can see the beautiful city of St. Petersberg very soon.

I was very pleased to be asked to take part in the opening of the 'Oh Yeah' Music Centre in Belfast. Apart from myself, Gary Lightbody, Elbow and Duke Special all took to the stage during the evening. James Nesbitt was also on hand for introductions, jokes and general merriment! This project is another indication of how far Belfast has come in the past couple of years and should ensure that Northern Ireland's rich musical heritage continues.

Having made the trip to Manchester for rehearsals (before I heard about Stel's untimely injury), I decided to spend an evening watching the rather excellent Cherry Ghost. With albums like Simon's (Cherry's real name) and Cold War Kids out there we are going to have to make a really special record in order to make our mark come the beginning of next year. We have a very good idea who we will be making the album with now and also where we are doing it but I have to keep my mouth shut until it's 100% confirmed. It would be very interesting to see who you lot think it is and who you think it should be, so feel free to speculate!

On a personal note I have recently taken up water skiing. If you are ever in the Port Glenone area on a Sunday evening and you see someone tied to the back of a boat listening to Johnny Cash it could well be me! I am trying to keep fit by doing that and also going to the gym, however I have also taken up Guinness so that kind of cancels it out! For those of you who will be in Athens on the 23rd of May I will be performing in one of the fanzones dotted around the Olympic stadium. I am looking forward to returning to the ancient city and seeing a good game of football.

Listening To:
Cherry Ghost
Rufus Wainwright
Cold War Kids
Radio Five Live

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 07.06.07, 01:21  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

dank little auch, dass sie hier, in der letzten zeit, so bissl mein job übernommen hat.

sorry, dass ich das gerade alles so sehr vernachlässige. sollt die schlaflosen nächte sinnvoller nützen und die page wieder bissl aktualisieren.

fällt mir nur gerade so schwer dran zu bleiben aber ich will es versuchen.

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.06.07, 22:35  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

vom 19. juni aus dem englischen message board

Dutch beer, The Rolling Stones & recording the album

Hello All,

We have been pretty busy boys since I last posted. After a well earned break (myself and Stel took our families to Majorca and Cyprus respectively) it was back on the road with a gig in Holland. Thanks to everyone who attended the 'Music In My Head' festival. The Hague is a beautiful place and we had a great time exploring the city and sampling the local cuisine - and of course the beer!

Anyway that was last week. I am writing to you now, sat in Paris Charles De Gaulle airport, awaiting a flight back to Belfast. As last minute gigs go it doesn't get much bigger than supporting The Rolling Stones! We were delighted to be asked to perform before the band in Frankfurt, Paris and Lyon. Although all the gigs will live long in the memory, Lyon was a particular highlight.

It was on this night that Ronnie Wood was spotted at the side of the stage enjoying the set and we also got a big thumbs up from Jagger who thanked us for appearing!

Next up is more recording. We are moving on from the demo stage now and we all hope that some of the recordings we complete over the next few weeks will make the final album. Where we are recording the album and who we are doing it with I'm sure will be revealed in due course!

Everyone is very excited (and a little nervous) to finally be back in the studio making an album. As far as speculation as to when the album will come out, it is too early to say. We may get in the studio and everything will fall into place or it may take a little longer. Needless to say the most important thing is that we make the best album we can possibly make (and hopefully a contender for album of the year!).

I hope to keep you posted on all the developments as we embark on this our fourth album.

May it be our best yet!

See You Soon,

James

macht mir angst, seine hoffnungen auf das album des jahres :-/
hoff nur ganz ganz sehr dass sie nicht wieder so verrissen werden.

dort hinten wird's hell
hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.06.07, 23:04  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

das hoff ich mit

aber gleichzeitig auch wieder erfüllt mich diese vorerst letzte Nachricht von James mit so viel Vorfreude, dass ich es kaum noch aushalten kann *hibbel*

wenn seine "Versprechen" nur zur Hälfte eingehalten werden, dann erwartet uns ein ganz ganz tolles Album, wetten?

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.06.07, 23:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

glaub ich doch auch und ein album des jahres erwart ich eh nicht

dort hinten wird's hell
hank06
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.06.07, 23:12  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ich auch nicht, wenn ich ehrlich bin

... aber schön wär es doch!!!

little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.08.07, 22:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Summer Sale

There is a summer sale on in the Starsailor Store at the moment with many items selling at bargain prices, including several half price t-shirts.

Just copy and paste this link http://www.recordstore.co.uk/starsailor/home.jsp?SearchField=CATEGORY&Search=sale or use the link at the top of http://www.starsailor.net to visit the shop

anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.08.07, 22:56  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

letzte woche kam das grau gestreifte segler-shirt.
dass das vor dem summersale war brauch ich glaub nicht zu erwähnen..

[editiert: 08.08.07, 22:57 von anouk]
little girl
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.08.07, 23:10  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

...ooh weh , das ist gemein !!

anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.12.07, 15:03  Betreff: santa walsh is coming to town..  drucken  weiterempfehlen

anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 10:21  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat:
    Hello All,

It's been a very busy time for us recently. We finally waved goodbye to The Doghouse Studio. We have had a great time living and working there so we were a little sad to leave. Next on the agenda is mixing the album so we are moving into a studio in Chiswick called Sofa Lounge.

I have also been spending a lot of time in Liverpool recently playing first at a Capital Of Culture Party at the Pan Am Club a couple of weeks ago and then at Jamie Carragher's Birthday Party at the weekend. It was a thrill to be able to play in front of Scouse Royalty such as Sue Johnston, Sinbad from Brookie and Phil Redmond at the Capital Of Culture Party.

Of course being a life long red I jumped at the chance to play at Carra's bash!

The songs are really taking shape now, my own personal favourites are 'All The Plans We Made' and 'Boy In Waiting'. We should have some new material for you very soon.

It is great to be able to play at the Isle Of Wight again. We have some fantastic memories from the festival not least the time we played just below Paul Weller when the festival was in its infancy. Hyde Park should be good too. There won't be the distraction of the football this year as England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 (every cloud and all that!).

Special thanks to Barriemore Barlow who has been looking after us at the studio (his stories from his Tull days and his regular jokes have kept us entertained) and the chef Jim Hall whose cooking has been superb. We are putting the finishing touches to a busy summer schedule so hopefully we will be coming to a town near you (wherever you are in the world).

See You Soon

James
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 10:26  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

wegen mir brauchen sie nicht so viel rum-mixen...
freu mich... was meint ihr, eher sommer oder?

°° night walker °°
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 10:32  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

hoffentlich. wenns sommer bleibt, wärs gut
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 10:33  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

frühestens :-/

dort hinten wird's hell
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 10:36  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

*abwink* die haben bestimmt nen turbo-mixer

krupps 2000 vielleicht..

gut ding braucht weile - oder wie geht das? *grübel* ..wird 100 pro toll

°° night walker °°
anouk
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 11:03  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ich mag boy in waiting auch sehr

paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 08.02.08, 11:22  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

sehr schöner song :-)

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 25.03.08, 01:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

post ich das halt hier auch noch ;-)

Hello All,

Well it’s been a long time in the making but we have finally finished recording our 4th album (hope I haven't spoken too soon!) It’s certainly been an adventure! We have been to 4 studios (Real World, The Doghouse, Sofa Sound and Eastcote) and a whole cast of characters have been involved getting to this point. Undoubtedly the two people who have put the most effort in the studio (apart from the band) are Producer Steve Osborne and Engineer Dan Austin (Who is also working with Doves at the same time! No wonder he looks knackered!). Our A&R man Chris Briggs has been in frequently regaling us with tales of his life in rock n roll (Chris has been working at EMI for years. What he doesn’t know about The Waterboys, Robbie Williams, Jethro Tull and Tottenham Hotspur is not worth knowing!)

We have 16 songs recorded with 12 possible contenders for the album. Regular visitors to the site will be familiar with the titles 'Tell Me Its Not Over’, ‘Boy In Waiting’ and 'All The Plans We Made'. There is also 'The Thames’,’ Hurts Too Much,’ You Never Get What You Deserve’,’ Listen Up’,’ Under A Neon Sky’,’ Safe At Home’,’ Change My Mind' and 'Stars and Stripes'.

There has been an emphasis on strong melodies and simple arrangements for this album and the guitar playing of Richard Warren has definitely enhanced the sound. I'm not one for slagging off the last album and saying this one is 100 times better because the last album definitely had its merits. However we have spent a lot longer writing and recording this one and the result is the perfect companion to 'Love Is Here.’

On a totally different note I recently devoured 2 series of 'Life On Mars' during a recent bout of illness and was absolutely blown away. I saw Supergrass at The Roundhouse (You forget how good they are) and I have been reading George Orwell 'Down And Out In Paris And London. Oh and the workmen finally finished the kitchen!

See You Soon

James

dort hinten wird's hell
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 30.04.08, 22:43  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello All,

It's been a very busy end to the week for me with a performance at Hard Rock Café on Thursday and The Indy Awards on Friday.

It was great to be asked on the last minute to do a mini-set (3 songs) opening for The Charlatans at the Hard Rock in London. I was there in the afternoon with Tim Burgess to open 'The Vault' which is the room where they keep the most valuable items. My favourite piece of all was definitely John Lennon's US Army jacket, complete with a pair of his sunglasses.

The party later on lasted long into the night and the sambucas I'd had a few hours before didn't seem like such a good idea when I woke up with the mother of all hangovers!

The Charlatans were on fantastic form and they all seemed in fine health. Sometimes 'corporate' dos can be a bit of a nightmare. Usually everyone is there for the free booze and talks through the performance. I'm happy to say this was not the case. The crowd were very responsive during my set and The Charlatans ended the night in spectacular fashion. A good time was had by all.

Friday night I was at The Forum to play a few songs at the INDY Music Awards. The INDY Awards recognise new and unsigned talent giving young bands a great opportunity for publicity and a chance to perform at the prestigious venue. Venues across the country vote for the best unsigned band they have had on. I was pleased to present 'Little Fish' with the award for 'Best Rock Act'. I'm sure you will be hearing a lot about them in the coming months.

On the subject of new bands I was very impressed with Beggars who played at the Soho Arts Club the other night. Their sound is kind of Libertines/Merseybeat and they are great musicians.

I was in town to see another group, those of you on the site will be familiar with, called Scars on 45. They were playing at the 100 club with a South African group called 'The Parlotones'. It was a bit hectic trying to fit both gigs in but I managed to see a bit of all the bands.

See You Soon,

James

dort hinten wird's hell
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 04.06.08, 00:56  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: Starsailor MySpace Blog
    Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What a weekend!

Hello All,

What a weekend! It all started off on Friday with a performance at 'This Feeling' a club night in London that has previously hosted acoustic performances from The Enemy and Kasabian and DJ slots from Oasis and Noel Fielding (Mighty Boosh).

They have been running the night since late 2007 and Friday night was the biggest crowd so far for the acoustic performance (support came from Jersey Budd, Eamonn McNamee and Strawhouses all of whom have MySpace sites worth checking out, see below).

Then on Saturday it was off to the top of the BT tower to judge a battle of the bands competition. The first prize was a coveted place on the bill at the Isle Of Wight festival. After much deliberating me and the rest of the judging panel decided first prize should go to the Scottish band 'We See Lights'. The runners up were 'The Velcros' and 'The Tempus'. Be sure to check out their MySpace sites below too.

Then on Sunday I was invited to perform and do a Q&A at the Oxford Union. It was a great honour to be invited to join the illustrious list of people who have been invited to speak. The list of previous speakers is extremely diverse from the political activist Malcolm X to strange haired comedian/lothario Russell Brand. The person before me was the US secretary of homeland security!

It was a beautiful venue for a gig (the main debating chamber, see below) and it was great to perform at a place so steeped in history. As someone who left college with no A-levels it was the closest I was ever going to get to going to Oxford. It's just a pity they couldn't have given me an honorary degree!

Thanks for your patience, we hope to have some brand new music for you very soon. In the mean time I hope you like the MySpace covers.

James
quelle: http://www.myspace.com/starsailor
direktlink: http://www.myspace.com/starsailor/blog

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 24.06.08, 17:49  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: Starsailor MySpace Blog
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The board was well represented and made use of the free bar!

Hello All,

Another exhausting week in Starsailor world! We were very pleased to be asked to support The Police in Zurich and were even more impressed when the first person we saw as we left the stage was the mighty Sting! He told us he loved the show and was pleased to have us on the tour.

We hardly had time to draw breath and we were at a race track in Le Mans watching the cars go round and round. We all really enjoyed playing a set at the Le Mans 24 Hour Race and we seemed to go down well with the crowd. I'm not the biggest motor racing fan but I was still impressed with some of the vehicles on show.

Then it was overnight to the Isle Of Wight. What can I say? It was fantastic. We played some brilliant gigs when 'Love Is Here' came out but there was something even more satisfying about the Isle Of Wight. 8 years on and we are still here playing to audiences like that. Thanks a lot for coming down if you were there, you really played your part in making it one of the best days we have had in years.

I really enjoyed watching James, The Kooks and of course The Police who played after us. I was also impressed that (according to rumours circulating around the site) the 'Starsailor Sours' were the best selling cocktails in the Hard Rock bar at the festival!

After a short break it was up to Manchester to support The Police at the MEN Arena. Both gigs were brilliant but Wednesday night was a particular highlight for me. I ended up singing along to 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' with Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher and family.

We stayed in Manchester on Thursday night for our gig at The Hard Rock Cafe. Thanks a lot to Arno Carstens for providing the support on the evening.

The message board was well represented and I think they made use of the free bar! Thanks for coming down everyone. There were a couple of famous faces dotted about the place including Corrie's Steven Arnold (Ashley), Michelle Keegan (David Platt's girlfriend) and the Lancashire County Cricket Team. Everyone had a good time and I am really suffering today (that last g and t seems like such a good idea at the time!)

Hope you're enjoying the Euros and the weather.

We can't wait for Hyde Park.

See You Soon

James

Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 17.07.08, 01:01  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello All,

Here I am again with another update on what we have been up to recently.
Last Friday me and Les were up in Blackburn for an event in a marquee that Blackburn College had organised.
It was basically a 'champagne breakfast' and awards ceremony to celebrate the end of term and the college's recent success.

Stuart Maconie was the compere (his book 'Cider For Roadies' is brilliant and his show with Mark Radcliffe on Radio 2 is worth a listen)
and I was the musical 'turn'. Despite the unusual circumstances (onstage at 11.30am in a tent in a park in Blackburn after the croissants had been handed out!)
I had a lovely time.

I was pleased with the warm reception I received so I am looking forward to doing a 'proper' gig in Blackburn one day.
I remember seeing The Bluetones at St Georges Hall many moons ago.

The following day it was off to Belgium for a festival near Brugges called 'Cactus Festival'. We were extremely honoured to have been asked to headline the festival.
Earlier on in the day the crowd were treated to sets by the brilliant Tinarewen (I think that's how you spell it!) and the LOUD Dinosaur JNR. After all these afternoon/early
evening festival appearances it was great to take to the stage in the hours of darkness.

We played the longest set we have played in a long time (clocking in at about 1 hour and 25 mins!) and the crowd were great.
After the show we could not leave without sampling the local cherry beers. Thanks to everyone at the festival for your hospitality.

And finally. I attended an event in London last night where the great Peter Shilton was taking part in a penalty competition.
You will be pleased to know I managed to get one past him!

Before I go, here is a picture from our recent show with The Police in Valencia.

See You Soon,

James

P.S. Me and Lisa would like to thank everyone for all your kind wishes following the birth of our son Cillian.

http://www.starsailor.net/*
little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.08.08, 11:26  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

A couple of pics taken recently

Hello All,

Here are a couple of pics taken recently.

I was fortunate enough to fulfil a childhood dream by playing for Liverpool in Belfast. I was an honorary legend alongside such greats as John Aldridge, Jan Molby, Ray Houghton and Jason McAteer.

You will be pleased to know we beat Glentoran in the first game 2-0 and Manchester United (including Gary Pallister, Clayton Blackmore and Sammy McIlroy) 4-1 to land the trophy. This is me with Phil Neal, Liverpool's most decorated player (4 European Cup winners medals!).

Below is our daughter Niamh holding her brand new baby brother Cillian. Doesn't she look proud!

See You Soon,

James

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=93235113&blogID=420225886

Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 04.08.08, 01:33  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

..goldig* :)
Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 04.08.08, 12:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: andré
    ..goldig* :)
aber echt
schöne Fotos

Come out tonight, let's go dancing
shoot out the lights, the hole distance
and throw our souls from tall buildings
on broken roads, just like kids
Don't give up, just yet..
little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 04.08.08, 16:08  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

sie hat schöne braune augen und kommt glaub mehr nach mama !! :)

[editiert: 04.08.08, 16:09 von little]
Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 04.08.08, 16:12  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ja, ist ne ganz Hübsche
außergewöhnliche Augen auch..
hat sie sicher von der Mami, die orientalische Ausstrahlung

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 25.09.08, 20:38  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor - blog
    What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been!

Hello All,

What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been!

It all started with a charity acoustic performance for The Willow Foundation (who organize special days out for terminally ill young people) in Welwyn Garden City.

Then we flew over to Ireland for the Cois Fharraige Festival where we played before headliners Travis.

After the post-Ireland hangovers had subsided (which took a few days!) me and Les went up to Liverpool for a solo show at the Newz Bar. When it comes to having a good time, Liverpudlians are hard to beat and the gig was highly enjoyable. The set included a rare acoustic airing of 'This Time' and a raft of covers including 'Champagne Supernova' and 'Don't Let Me Down'.

I was also invited on to Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) LA radio show where I played a version of 'Good Souls' with Jonesy on Lead Guitar!

Which brings me to the two highlights of recent times. Firstly there was the show at The Boogaloo in Highgate for Trekstock (Teenage Cancer Trust) where the excellent Jason Manford was compere. Mixmaster Mat Horne dj'd and I had two wonderful backing singers accompanying me. (One of whom is Stevie Lange who has been in the business for many years and has worked with Robbie Williams and Chris Martin on numerous occasions as well as myself).

The venue was absolutely packed and I was glad that everyone had a good time and a lot of money was raised for a very good cause. It's been a little while since this show but I remember it being a cracker!

And on Friday night we realised a long held ambition when we played with a full symphony orchestra in Brussels. The gig was held under the banner 'Stars Of Europe' in aid of UNICEF. Other notable artists appearing were Robyn, Sharleen Spiteri, Air Traffic and legendary disco band Chic, led by Mr Nile Rogers.

In fact at the end of the night a party was held at the hotel to mark Nile's 54th birthday. Somehow Benny Byrne ended up with a face full of cake! A suitably bizarre end to a beautiful night.

Clips are available on YouTube, keywords; Stars Of Europe, Starsailor.

See You Soon,

James

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.10.08, 16:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

per mail.. (werdet ihr sicher auch alle im posteingang haben gell )

Starsailor Are Back!

Apologies that this is the first contact via our mailing list for a few months.
We have posted (or at least James has) regularly on the messageboard, but due to the much publicised takeover of our record company, accessing this database proved difficult.

Anyway, things have settled down now and we have a new record label (Virgin) and a whole new team of people working with us to promote our fourth record. This will be called 'All The Plans' and is likely to be released at the beginning of March 2009. It will be preceded by a single, 'Tell Me It's Not Over,' to be released towards the end of February 2009.

We're hoping this is the first of many regular mails. As a thanks for your patience, click here to see James performing 'Hurts Too Much' Its an acoustic version of one of the album tracks performed earlier this year at the Heavenly social. Enjoy and we'll speak soon.

James, Stel, Ben and Baz.

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.10.08, 16:49  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor # Hurts Too Much (live at The Social)

..*gänsehaut* so toll....

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.10.08, 16:58  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

uii...na endlich mal neue und gute fakten !! wunderbar !!

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 16.10.08, 23:12  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: creepy*
    (werdet ihr sicher auch alle im posteingang haben gell )
jau, kam an heut ;D

All The Plans also..
und Anfang März..

schön!

der gepostete Song erinnert wirklich an die Anfänge..

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 21.11.08, 14:21  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

'Tell Me It's Not Over'
In response to the positive feedback to the 'Silence Is Easy' video we sent out here's another song from the London Hard Rock charity show.
It's our forthcoming single 'Tell Me It's Not Over' (release date Feb 23rd 2009). Hope you enjoy it.
Tiscali Sessions
We're playing a short set (hopefully 40 mins but beyond our control) at Cargo in East London on Monday (24/11) and there a few pairs of tickets we can giveaway. Click here to try and win a pair.
Starsailor Widget
We're that technologically challenged that we thought this was something that provided draught beer from a can. Not so, and it works well. Hope you like it. Our technical expert Ed is going to explain more about its capabilities...."Check out the Starsailor widget which features some great live videos of the band and some old fan favorites, embed it on your Facebook or Myspace and it'll automatically update with exclusive content and competitions"
Keep Reading
In the coming days we're going to be announcing news about UK tour dates, how to get hold of an exclusive digital EP and more, so please keep reading.
Cheers,
Stel, James, Ben and Baz

[quelle] email-newsletter - starsailor/emi

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 21.11.08, 16:01  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Starsailor Widget

nette idee von ihnen ! :) ..

[editiert: 21.11.08, 16:02 von little]
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 13:00  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

NEW UK TOUR DATES
So, as promised, here are our UK tour dates:

Thursday 26th March - Glasgow ABC
Friday 27th March - Manchester Ritz
Saturday 28th March - Sheffield Leadmill
Monday 30th March - Liverpool Academy
Tuesday 31st March - Leeds Met Uni
Wednesday 1st April - Wolves Wulfrun
Friday 3rd April - Oxford Academy
Saturday 4th April - Portsmouth Pyramid
Sunday 5th April - Bristol Academy
Tuesday 7th April - Cambridge Junction
Wednesday 8th April - Norwich UEA
Thursday 9th April - London Shepherds Bush Empire

They go on general sale on Friday via this link or by calling 24 hr cc hotline 0871 2200 260. They're all priced at £16 except London which is £17.50. We're afraid that booking fees will apply.

ALBUM PRE-ORDER!

Starting from tomorrow (Wednesday), we have an exclusive pre-order. We've just got to grips with it ourselves, so here goes:

If you order the deluxe version of 'All The Plans,' you will immediately have access to the 'Boy In Waiting' digital EP (for free!) You will also be able to purchase a ticket for the tour for a 48 hour window before they go on general sale.

The Boy In Waiting' digital EP is as follows:

1.Boy In Waiting (album track)
2.Do You Believe In Love? (exclusive non album track)
3.Black Limousine (exclusive non album track)
4.Darling Be Home Soon (acoustic Loving Spoonful cover)

The deluxe album will have an extended booklet and will come with an additional cd of acoustic songs. These comprise a selection of the album tracks stripped down to the form that James originally composed them. There'll also be a brand new acoustic song unavailable elsewhere.

Even though the exclusive access to tickets ends after 48 hours the 'Boy In Waiting' EP will be available to anyone ordering the deluxe album via starsailor.net right up until album release.

We hope that all makes sense and those of you that get hold of the digital EP enjoy it.

Orders can be shipped internationally.

Speak soon,

James, Stel, Ben and Baz.

[quelle] segler-mail

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 13:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

uii..wie schön !! wieder eine deluxe-ausgabe !!

bestellt ihr sie euch dort vor ? ...ich denk ich warte aufs zönchen..

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 13:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ich wart auch noch ab!

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 13:29  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

wäre schön, wenn wir sie dann vll gemeinsam anhören könnten..vll im chat ?

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 13:37  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

ahhh, schöne Idee!

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 14:44  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

..werds auch beim zönchen bestellen
als import und portofrei.. :p

..bis märz ist ja noch zeit ;)
oh ja!!!! ..dann hören wir sie gemeinsam - - im chat..
da freu ich mich jetzt schon drauf..

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 03.12.08, 14:56  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

hoffentlich kommt sie überall auch gleichzeitig an..
..ich würd dann sogar auf euch warten !!

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 12.12.08, 19:16  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

tell me it's not over

quelle: myspace

[editiert: 12.12.08, 19:25 von little]
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 12.12.08, 19:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

*********MAIL 12.12.08**********

BOY IN WAITING

Hello Again,

Here's another video taken from the Hard Rock show. This time 'Boy In Waiting.' Hope you enjoy.

We had some new press photos taken the other day. Here's a sneak preview of a couple. Aging well? (siehe unten ;)
Thanks for the kind comments on the messageboard about The Boy In Waiting EP. We're really happy that you like it. Just to clarify - this is made immediately available when you buy the deluxe version of the album through our site (click here). It comes via a link in an e-mail a couple of minutes after purchase. You can get hold of it right up until album release.

Speak soon,

James, Stel, Ben and Baz

quelle: starsailor-mail

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 12.12.08, 19:25  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 12.12.08, 19:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

..den gleichen schwarzen mantel hab ich auch !!

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 22.12.08, 15:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat:
    Hello All,

First of all I would like to thank everyone who came to the recent shows in London,New York, LA and Manchester. The show for Versus Cancer was a fitting end to a highly enjoyable 2008.

When I think of highlights, finishing the album was obviously a big one and of course hearing peoples reaction to the new songs when we first started playing them.

When it comes to gigs I think Hard Rock Calling, Isle Of Wight festival and Hard Rock Cafe London were all belters.

Our recent trip to South Africa was also a very fulfilling and enjoyable excursion. In fact I can't really think of a show where we didn't have a good time.

On a personal note the birth of Cillian was the obvious highlight for me and if he could talk he would tell you he's looking forward to his first Christmas!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a cracking year and have a very Merry Christmas!

See You In 2009!

James

p.s. Here is a version of the popular Christmas song 'The Bells Of St Marys'
der link wird bissl verschluckt, durch die helle farbe des BG und dem weissen link..
hier nochmal -> 'The Bells Of St Marys'

[quelle] http://forums.starsailor.net/

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 09.01.09, 18:19  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: 09 Jan 2009 - HotPress
    Starsailor For Dublin

Fans may want to bring their industrial earplugs with them

Wistful Wigan popsters Starsailor pay an April 16 visit to the Dublin Academy.

Tickets priced €25 go on sale on Monday January 12.

One of the star turns at last year’s Cois Fharraige festival in Kilkee, the band – whose singer James Walsh is domiciled in Belfast – release their new All The Plans album on February 27.

Along with their trademark ballads, there will also be a couple of “massive drum beat stompers.” Napalm Death, you have been warned!
[quelle] http://www.hotpress.com/news/5133629.html

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 09.01.09, 19:53  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor-message im SSMB
    Hi All,

Happy New Year, we hope you had a brilliant festive period.

First things first - a radio edit of our new single is being uploaded onto our myspace site as we speak. Hope you like it, especially after hearing the numerous live versions on YouTube.

Our technical people are close to finishing a new site for us which we're hoping to launch late next week. We'll send another mail to let you know when it goes live.

Follow this link to watch the video for 'Tell Me It's Not Over'. For those of you who haven't seen it - you can also watch a behind the scenes 'making of' here.

We're delighted to announce that we've added two new dates to our tour. Belfast and Dublin, as Boo has posted on the MB.

As we get closer to releasing 'Tell Me It's Not Over' (23rd February) we're obviously hoping you'll hear us on the radio. Absolute, BBC Radio 2 and XFM have so far played the record. Next week we'll be live on BBC Radio 2 with Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie (Tuesday 13th January). The show starts at 8pm and we'll be playing 3 songs live to air. Please tune in.

That's all for now.

We'll be in touch shortly,

Ben, Baz, James and Stel

quelle: starsailor-ssmb

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.01.09, 18:03  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor-ssmb
    ]Hello Again,

New Album Release Date:

Fair bit of news for you today. We were on Radio 2 with Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie the other night. They highlighted the fact that we're releasing All The Plans on the same day as U2 are putting out their new record. They suggested we call Bono and toss a coin for who moves their release date. He called heads and it was. Our album is now out on 9th March and Tell Me It's Not Over will be out on 2nd March. Sorry to make you wait a week longer. We hope it's worth it. To hear the show via BBC's listen again click here. The timings were kindly posted on the messageboard. Thanks QNick.

On The Radio:

Staying with radio, James went into Absolute to record some tracks and have a chat last week. This will be aired in two parts on Geoff Lloyd's Hometime Show the first session on Monday the 19th January and the second part on Wednesday 21st January. You can listen and watch via their website.

UK Tour Support:

We're pleased to announce that support for the UK dates will be Pete Greenwood - and The Parlotones. Pete will also be playing guitar with us in our set – you may have caught a glimpse of him in the Hard Rock London footage. The Parlotones are the South African band that looked after us so well on our recent visit there.

Vote for 'Tell Me It's Not Over':

Our new video will be a 'Hot New One' on the MTV2/MySpace chart as of Monday 19th January. Please vote for it by clicking http://www.mtv.co.uk/myspacechart

Album Pre-Order:

You can buy the deluxe version of the album via our site and receive a free download EP instantly. This includes the album version of Boy In Waiting and three exclusive non-album tracks. The deluxe version now has a confirmed tracklisting, including the brand new acoustic song, Merry Go Round.

New Website:

Last but not least, we're launching our new website today. There are bound to be a few teething problems but we hope you're happy with it.

There'll be more news next week, but for now we hope you all have a brilliant weekend,

Stel, Ben, Baz and James
quelle: http://forums.starsailor.net

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.01.09, 19:40  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

huch.. ..der Pete Greenwood ist mir diese woche schon untergekommen !!

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.01.09, 20:05  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

auf der neuen Hompage der Segler sind auch schöne neue fotos hinzu gekommen !! :)

little

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 26.01.09, 09:24  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

EMI macht jetzt auch werbung auf last.fm mit dem neuen album :

Special Fan Package gewinnen und free download abstauben! ('boy in waiting' (live))
http://www.emimusic.de/starsailor

[editiert: 26.01.09, 10:40 von little]
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 04.02.09, 20:30  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor-mail
    New Single Formats and Album Chart Show

Hello Again,

New Single

As you hopefully are aware, our new single, 'Tell Me It's Not Over' is due to be released on 2nd March.

Here's a reminder of the formats that will be available:

CD: Tell Me It's Not Over, In Their World (new song, not on the album)

7" vinyl: Tell Me It's Not Over, All the Plans (feat Ronnie Wood.)

Digital: Tell Me It's Not Over, Stuart Price Radio Mix and Thin White Duke Club Mix

All of these songs will be available digitally (apart from In Their World) and all count towards the singles chart. A 3 format bundle (for only £3!) including exclusive signed artwork is available through our site.

The Album Chart Show - Monday 9th February

We're pre-recording this on Monday and we'll be performing 3 songs live for transmission on either 13/2 or 20/2. It's recorded at Koko in London. Anyone who'd like to come needs to fill in the form here before 5pm on Friday. Unfortunately its for 18s and over.
    Other artists performing will include Seasick Steve, All American Rejects, The Wombats and Alesha Dixon.

Jonathon Ross - Radio 2

We'll be playing TMINO on the show this Saturday 7th February.

XFM London

James will be playing acoustically on Dave Berry's show this Friday afternoon (6th Feb)

Luminaire Show

The tickets for this show sold out within the hour. Fortunately some bright spark at our record company held some back. We're delighted that we can offer 5 pairs of tickets. Click here to enter.

Valencia MTV Show on 24/2 (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias)

It turns out that entry to this gig is absolutely free. Just walk straight in.

Thinks that's it for now,
    Stel, James, Ben and Baz.
Das A
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 08.02.09, 11:02  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Stuart Price Radio Mix and Thin White Duke Club Mix

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 16.02.09, 16:03  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: STARSAILOR-mail
    Luminaire thanks
    A big Thank You to everyone who came down to see us at The Luminare on Wednesday. Despite James suffering a throat infection we really enjoyed the show!

This Feeling gig
    James will be appearing at the This Feeling night in Camden on 27 Feb. It's going to be an amazing night to launch the single in style. More details to follow.

Album Chart Show
    We played a three song set at the filming of The Album Chart show on Monday. Tell Me It's Not Over will be shown on the show on Feb 20th - we'll let you know when the other two tracks are going to be aired.

Key 103
    James is doing a short acoustic set (probably 3 songs) at a free event in Manchester next Monday early evening (16th February).
    The event, *Down Your Street*, is being hosted by
    *Key 103 Radio* as a re-launch of *the
    Co-operative
    *and on the same night that their much publicised 150 second Bob Dylan sound-tracked commercial will air on ITV1 at 7:40pm (during Coronation Street, taking the whole ad break)
    and will be previewed at the event.
    The evening takes place at *The Great Northern* between *6:30pm** and **8pm** on Monday 16th February*.
    Link to Key 103 here

Instores
    To celebrate the release of our single 'Tell Me It's Not Over' and our album 'All The Plans' we are pleased to announce the following instores which will feature James playing acoustic.
    Monday 2nd March at 6pm
    Banquet, Kingston
    Tuesday 3rd March at 5pm
    Rapture, Witney
    Monday 9th March at 7pm
    Sound Knowledge, Marlborough
    Tuesday 10th March at 5pm
    Action, Preston

Pre-order the album
    We've added a clip of 'Black Limousine' to our myspace to tempt you further.It's part of the 4 track digital EP you receive immediately on ordering the bonus album via our site.
    Speak next week,
    Baz, Ben, Stel and James.
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 23.02.09, 20:26  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Listening Parties & More
    Our friends at Hard Rock are holding some 'All The Plans' listening parties.

There'll be posters, and other goodies as well as their usual hospitality.

Pop along and give the album a listen.

Luminaire Footage
    The wonderful people at Flyposter captured some footage at the Luminaire gig. You can view it here

This Feeling
    A reminder that James will be playing an acoustic set at This Feeling. Visit the site here

Instores
    James will be playing acoustically at the following record shops in the next few weeks.

Monday 2nd March at 6pm
    Banquet, Kingston
    Tuesday 3rd March at 5pm
    Rapture, Witney
    Monday 9th March at 7pm
    Sound Knowledge, Marlborough
    Tuesday 10th March at 5pm
    Action, Preston

Pre-orders
    Finally, don't forget that you can pre-order our single through our shop here.

Its only £3 for 3 formats. There are limited pieces of signed artwork available so make sure you get your orders in now! Even Barry thinks its a good deal.

You can also pre-order 'All The Plans' while you're in there. The bonus album comes with an exclusive 4 song digital EP which is made instantly available.

More next week,
    James, Ben, Stel and Baz
www.starsailor.net
www.myspace.com/starsailor

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 02.03.09, 18:17  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor-email
    Tell Me It's Not Over
    Just wanted to remind you all that our new single Tell Me It's Not Over is out NOW. There are some great digital deals on the 4 track bundle at Amazon, Itunes and 7digital. You can also order it via our site £3 for 7", CD and Mp3 here.

For those of you who bought the bundle via recordstore, the mp3 element is now available for download. Please download it this week to count towards our chart placing.

Janice Long BBC Radio2 TONIGHT
    James will be in the studio with Janice Long at Radio 2 on tonight, as well as performing a couple of Starsailor tracks he'll be picking some records that are important to him.

Visit this page of the message board for details on other upcoming appearances.

Acoustic XFM Manchester Show
    James will be playing an acoustic show at The Deaf Institute in Manchester on Thursday 12th March in association with XFM.

To find out more about the show, and how to win tickets visit here.

Listening Parties
    Our London Hard Rock Cafe listening party will now be on Weds 4th March now, not Thurs 5th!

*Hard Rock Cafe, London*
    Wednesday 4th March - from 7pm
    150 Old Park Lane • London W1K 1QZ
    020 7514 1700
    *Please note, this is a change of date since originally published.*

*Hard Rock Cafe, Manchester*
    Thursday 5th March - from 9pm
    Exchange Square • Manchester M4 2BS
    0161 831 6700

*Hard Rock Cafe, Cardiff*
    Thursday 5th March - from 8pm
    49 St Mary Street • Cardiff CF10 1AD
    02920 373403

*Hard Rock Cafe, Edinburgh*
    Wednesday 4th March - from 7pm
    18 George Street • Edinburgh EH2 2PF
    0131 260 3000

New Gadget
    The technical people at our label have come up with a new gadget previewing the album and linking to our videos, news and shop. Check it out here and grab it for your Social networks!

Pre-Order All The Plans
    If you like what you hear on the new gadget, please go ahead and pre-order the album here. The bonus version comes with a free digital EP that is immediately available. It also features a 7 song acoustic CD which has 6 album tracks (as they were written) and one brand new song.

Happy Listening,

James, Ben, Stel and Baz

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 09.03.09, 08:33  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Außerdem findest Du aktuelle News, Fotos, eine Videobotschaft der Band, ein Widget für Deine Website und mehr zu Starsailor unter www.emimusic.de/starsailor
Quelle: emihosting

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 09.03.09, 17:40  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 09.03.09, 20:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

All The Plans - OUT NOW

Our new album 'All The Plans' is out now. Pick it up from your local record shop or buy it from any number of online retailers either physically or digitally. For full details of where to buy and prices click here

Tell Me It's Not Over

Thanks to everyone who bought our single last week, we're really grateful for your support and hope you're enjoying the b-sides.
    Unfortunately it didn't trouble the high end of the charts, but great to see it in the Top 75.

Live Webchat with James

James will be doing a live webchat on Gigwise.com at 4pm this Weds 11th March. If you want to join in and ask James any questions you may have, please visit http://www.gigwise.com to log on.

The Met Bar

James is playing an acoustic show at The Met Bar in London on 17th March. Unfortunately the gig is for Met Bar members, however we've managed to grab 10 pairs of tickets for you. Click here for details and an entry form.

Speak soon,
    Stel, James, Baz and Ben

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 20.03.09, 19:29  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

A Big Thank You
    Thanks to everybody who bought the album. We hope you're enjoying it. We've had some positive feedback and good reviews which are really pleasing.
    Win Gig Tickets!
    We're really looking forward to our UK tour. It's just about sold out but we have a few pairs of tickets to give away.

Click here for details.

Artwork Answers?
    We've had quite a lot of enquiries regarding the origin of the artwork for the single and album.

They're pictures from the archives of Daniel Meadows. An amazing photographer in our opinion.

Check out his site.

XFm Acoustic Show
    Xfm are airing James acoustic performance this Sunday between 8-9pm.

Be sure to tune in 104.9 or log on here and text in some positive comments.

Extra Live Dates
    We're hoping to announce some UK and European festivals in the coming weeks. Watch this space.

Cheers,

James, Baz, Ben and Stel

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 17.04.09, 20:07  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsaiulor-mail
    Tour

We're had a brilliant time on the road the last couple of weeks and want to say a massive thank you to those who have been down to see us, we've been really enjoying getting to play our new material and the crowds every night have been fantastic.

Crisis Hidden Gig
    We're going to be playing on Tues 2nd June as part of the Crisis Hidden Gigs series. The show takes places in London but the venue will remain a secret until 24 hours before to highlight the fact that most homeless people don't know where they'll end up sleeping each night. For tickets please visit crisis.org.uk and seetickets.com

Gaymers Grassroots
    We will be playing a small homecoming show in Wigan on Sunday 26th April as part of the Gaymers Grassroots Gigs series. Tickets for this intimate gig aren't on sale, so for a chance of winning a pair please click here but hurry up as the competiton ends on Sunday!!!

Festival announcements
    We're really pleased to confirm that we'll be playing at T in The Park, and the Indie Guitar Music Festival this summer - we're hoping to have even more festivals confirmed over the next couple of weeks. As soon as
    any get added to our schedule we'll put them on the website

Phil Spector
    As many of you will have seen in the news this week, Phil Spector, who produced two of the tracks on Silence is Easy has been convicted of murder.
    'Recording with Phil Spector was an amazing experience at the time. I had grown up with 'Imagine' and was just getting into the brilliant 'Born To Be With You'( the album Spector produced for Dion) when we got the call. The two tracks 'Silence Is Easy' and 'White Dove' were recorded in the first week of working with him. He then returned to LA and came back to England some weeks later a different character. The out going charismatic producer we had met previously had become withdrawn and hard to communicate with. We persevered as long as we could out of respect for the man and his reputation but eventually we had to call it a day. Some weeks later while the album was being mixed we heard he had been arrested for murder. It is hard for me to pass judgement on whether he is guilty or innocent. We certainly never saw an aggresive side to him while we worked with him but like everybody else we do not know exactly what went on inside that house.'

Twitter Song
    James recently posted a new acoustic song via his twitter page twitter.com/jamesstarsailor which is called Evermore. To hear the track just scroll back through James' enteries until you get to April 10.

US Release
    All being well, our record will be available via itunes in the US in time for our appearance on the Jay Leno show - April 30th. We're playing at The Troubadour in LA on May 1st and there are a few tickets left. Watch this space as we're hoping to add more dates in the coming days

All The Plans
    Our next single will be the album's title track 'All The Plans.' It will be available by download from June 15.

Speak soon,
    Baz, James, Stel and Ben

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 27.05.09, 19:28  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Crisis Special Acoustic Gig
    We're going to be playing a very special show in London on June 2nd for the Crisis Hidden Gig series, the venue will remain a secret until 24 hours beforehand to raise awareness of the fact that the homeless often don't know where they'll stay from one day to the next. We'll be playing this gig as a full band acoustic show and think that the venue we're playing in is beautiful! Please come along for this special evening, you can buy tickets by clicking here and learn more about Crisis by clicking here.

Radio 2
    We're going to performing on Dermot O' Leary's Radio 2 show on June 6th, as well as playing All The Plans we'll be doing a cover version we've not done on radio before.

Summer festivals
    We've just confirmed some appearances over the summer, and hope to be adding more soon. Some of the dates we've added include Lokerse Festival in Belguim and Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park on the same day as Bruce Springsteen! For full details on these shows visit the live page on the message board or our website.

Gaymers Live
    This will be broadcast on June 10th on Channel 4, we don't have an exact time yet but it's likely to be around midnight.

Speak soon,
    James, Ben, Barry and Stel

creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 10.06.09, 18:12  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Gaymers Grassroots
    The Gaymers Grassroots program featuring our Wigan show and interview is being aired on Channel Four tonight at 00.30 - don't forget to set the video if you can't stay up that late!

European Tour
    We're really pleased that our European Tour is coming together, we're slowly announcing dates and so far have confirmed several shows in Germany as well as Amsterdam and Brussels. Check the calendar on the main website or this page on the message board for full details and more shows as they are announced.

Summer Festivals
    We're really looking forward to playing some summer festivals this year, we've got some confirmed in the UK - V2009, T in The Park, Hard Rock Calling as well as going overseas for Jisan Valley Rock Festival in Korea, Ejekt in Greece and Lokerse in Belgium. For more details visit the live page on our message board.

BBC Radio - listen again
    Our stripped back appearances are up on the BBC website where you can listen again until Friday night. For our Loose Ends show where we joined Stephen Fry in the studio visit here and for our Dermot appearance visit here.

New Single
    All The Plans is released as a digital only single on June 22nd. It is now playlisted at Absolute and XFM. It is also receiving occasional plays on BBC Radio 2.

Speak Soon,
    James, Ben, Barry and Stel

Sandra
starsailor

New PostErstellt: 17.09.09, 08:59  Betreff: Re: STARSAILOR MESSAGES  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Zitat: starsailor newsletter (ÉMI-hosting)
    Hallo !
    Starsailor spielen ab Montag vier Konzerte in Deutschland! Außerdem kannst Du die Band in Hamburg bei einem kleinen Akustikauftritt mit anschließender Autogrammstunde persönlich treffen.
    Starsailor - Autogrammstunde (+ Akustikset)
    21.09. Hamburg, im Saturn in der Mönckebergstr. 1 - von 17-18 Uhr.

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search