BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 09.06.10, 19:05     Betreff: NEWS

James Walsh: Soloalbum fast fertig!

Der charismatische Starsailor Frontmann James Walsh ist unterwegs in die Schweiz. Am Zermatt Unplugged Festival spielt Walsh eine seiner wenigen exklusiven Solo-Konzert (DO 15.04.).

Students.ch erwischte James auf Reisen zwischen Norwegen und Indien. Andi Rohrer fragte nach dem Stand der Aufnahmen für sein erstes Solo-Album und checkte James' Lust auf den Zermatter Schnee!

students.ch: James, you are working on your solo record. How are you progressing?
Its going really well. I am set to go to Norway to record with the Tromsø-Orchestra. There are about 10 songs written so far. I'm just deciding where to do the final recordings and who I would like to release the album.

You worked on some songs with Suzanne Vega, whom you met in 2007 in Zermatt. Did you guys come up with the idea of making music together back then in Switzerland?
The idea to record together didn't come at Zermatt but that was the first meeting. I am a huge fan of Suzanne's and while she was in London a few months ago we thought it would be a good idea to get together and come up with song ideas. I hope to develop them further with her when I start recording my album.

What's so special about playing unplugged?
Its great playing unplugged. You can really play for the crowd where as electric sets seem to be more 'set in stone'. Zermatt is a beautiful place and it attracts a very wide age range which is great. A festival for all ages!

You seem to be quite busy as a solo artist with your album, movie soundtracks, tours, etc. When is Starsailor gonna be working together again? *
Starsailor will work together again some time soon. It depends on the demand. If lots of people wanted us to tour/record again we would. The music industry is much harder these days and funding is difficult to secure so there would need to be a lot of interest.

Zermatt is famous for its slopes - are you a "winter person" who likes to grab a sledge or skis and hit the runs?
I have never skied before in my life. I quite fancy going up in a ski lift or sledging!

+++++

quelle: www.students.ch

schon ein bisschen älter das interview (ca. 2 monate) aber das lässt doch hoffen (siehe -> *)

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 27 von 139
Gehe zu:   
Search