BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
paul_sternensegler
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 23.10.05, 23:07     Betreff: Re: ON THE OUTSIDE

das war im daily telegraph:

More loved by the public than by critics, Starsailor are exponents of passionate idealism, forsaking the subtle pleasures of irony and artifice for tub-thumping urgency and soaring anthemic singalongs.

On those terms, On the Outside is their most compelling album yet, gripping listeners by the throat with an opening that mixes big resonant piano chords, a pleading aspirational vocal ("I don't see myself when I look in the mirror, I see who I should be") and a battering ram rhythm.

Coldplay have already dragged this particular musical ethos into the 21st century with some wit and imagination. Starsailor's version is less sophisticated but, in visceral terms, benefits from being rawer, rockier and bloodier, emphasising singer and songwriter James Walsh's dynamic guitar parts and overwrought vocals.

The 11 songs are tightly constructed, immensely catchy and performed as if lives (and not just careers) were on the line. As Walsh and his bandmates roar their mantra of Faith Hope Love, the only flag worth waving is a white one. Resistance is futile.

dort hinten wird's hell
und schwarz wird zu grau wird zu rot wird zu licht
und benommen, verschwommen erkennen was man will
meine welt aufgehoben, meine welt in 3 wörtern erklärt
Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 454 von 478
Gehe zu:   
Search