Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
creepy*

Administrator

New PostErstellt: 28.03.09, 14:55     Betreff: Re: Sophia

..du warst schneller

***+***

ALBUM COVER, BONUS CD AND PRE-SALES
Now that the release of 'There Are No Goodbyes' is exactly one month away, it's time to reveal the album cover.

Robin has said that he chose this photograph by Philip Lethen (which he calls "shadows") along with the others included in the albums artwork ("bed shadows" and "open windows" ) because of how it reminds him of his own desire to someday, hopefully, have a home of his own, yet at the same time also confronts him with a melancholic sense of how life is so transitory.

"We spend our lives trying to find warmth and comfort. Dreaming of a place where we can live our lives and our loves. A place that not only exists for us but also despite us. We can leave but the walls will remain. A family portrait. A painting of a sunset. A frame that holds a Masters Degree or a PhD. A calendar that tells us when we're allowed to gather up the kids, pack the beach ball and lock the door for our annual two week holiday... We come and go but these things, they stay in their place. One day though, for whatever reason, we gather up our lives and leave for good and all that's left are the shadows in a home that once existed for us but now exists despite us."

The first pressing of the album will have a strictly limited edition bonus cd:
The Valetines Day Session
Recorded in Vienna, Austria 14/02/2009

"You said you should have left me at Christmas
And then again on Valentines" (from 'Signs')

1. The Sea
2. So Slow
3. If Only
4. Where Are You Now
5. Birds
6. Lost
7. Oh My Love
8. Pace
9. Bastards
10. Heartache
11. Last Night I Had A Dream
12. Razorblades
13. I Left You
14. Signs

This 70 minute live recording is an excellent way to let everyone who couldn't make it to the pre-album mini-tour, experience all these Sophia classics (and two new songs!) in their beautiful 'Robin solo plus string quartet' versions.

If you want to get a first taste of the new album, then head over to the Sophia MySpace player, which has been updated with 3 tracks from the new album and the bonus cd.

And last but not least: once you've taken in all the above info, don't forget to visit the Flower Shop Recording Online Store where you can now pre-order 'There Are No Goodbyes'!
All pre-orders of the cd will receive the limited edition 2 cd digipack version of the album.
The limited editon (1000 copies) vinyl LP is also available for pre-order.

quelle:
http://www.sophiamusic.net/
http://www.myspace.com/thesophiacollective

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 3.208 von 10.447
Gehe zu:   
Search