carookee Support-Forum
Fragen, Antworten & Diskussionen rund um carookee
Infos zum System-Status unter system.carookee.com
Bitte registrieren Sie sich in diesem Forum, bevor Sie einen Betrag verfassen.

Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
How do I....

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
espresso111

New PostErstellt: 10.06.06, 13:04  Betreff: How do I....  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

I have an active forum, and I want to impose restrictions on viewing. It is currently open to all, including non-members.
How do I now make membership a requirement? In English please. Bitte!

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Keres
Team carookee

New PostErstellt: 10.06.06, 13:23  Betreff: Re: How do I....  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi espresso111,

to achieve this, go into your admin area -> Sicherheit-> and put the accessibility to setting "nur für Mitglieder".
Do the same at Dateien & Ordner, setting "nur für Mitglieder" an save (speichern) both times.

Gruß
Keres

Schaut in die FAQ's

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
espresso111

New PostErstellt: 11.06.06, 13:58  Betreff: Re: How do I....  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hello again, I have two questions I hope you can answer:

1. I changed the settings to allow only members to view forum files. But now it seems that new files (new since the settings change) are not able to be viewed by members. I can as Admin, but not members.

2. I thought I set up new registration of new members on an approval basis, but it appears that they become members immediately, even though I get individual emails asking me to "accept or refuse" membership to the individuals.

I think I have made a mess of the settings. I have used a web translator to help me, but the translations are sometimes less readable than German.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Keres
Team carookee

New PostErstellt: 11.06.06, 14:40  Betreff: Re: How do I....  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Steve,

the easiest way would be, I register myself briefly in your forum, you accept me and give me admin rights for a short period of time and I check your settings.

If you have followed the instructions of my last post, your members should have no problems viewing the files.
Anyone having a problem should empty their browsercache and cookies and then restart/reload their browser.

If you have changed the setting to approve new members, new members can't join your forum unless you accept them in your member settings. They do appear in your memberlist, but can't view or join your forum unless you click on "annehmen" (accept), see picture below.

Gruß
Keres

Schaut in die FAQ's

Dateianlagen:

member.jpg (75 kByte, 668 x 161 Pixel)
Anzeige optimiert für beste Darstellung.
Großansicht - speichern

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
espresso111

New PostErstellt: 11.06.06, 15:26  Betreff: Re: How do I....  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Keres,

I understand now the membership approval process; and I went back and
checked the settings again and found where I had limited the files to myelf.

At this point everything seems to be OK. Thanks for all your help. Much
appreciated.

Steve

Keres
Team carookee

New PostErstellt: 11.06.06, 16:01  Betreff: Re: How do I....  drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Steve,

glad to hear that everything is working fine.
If there are any problems in the future, you know where to find me ;)

Gruß
Keres

Schaut in die FAQ's

Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search